[Server Admin/Database Admin] GaMa

Want to join the team? Check the application guidelines and see if we're hiring!
GaMa

[Server Admin/Database Admin] GaMa

Post by GaMa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:48 am

Honestly, I have been out-of-the-game for quite awhile. I am very interested in this project, and my last project as an admin was back in 2009. The project I was working on at that time was Pokenet/Pokeglobal. I handled the server end for Snowpoint Temple (1 of 5 servers), and the entirety of the user database. The database was in MySQL, and I have created custom applications for viewing pleasure for the public, such as a trainer dex that displayed players main teams, and a custom signature for forums that displayed their team, and their stats in full. I have worked with multiple programmers and artists to create a beautiful site that boosted our user base by a magnitude of 3. We had a user base of over 8k.

I used, at that time, CentOS for the server. I successfully set up, created and managed the db for the user database, and website, and interconnected these databases for custom applications. I collaborated with the devs and programmers to create innovative features such as user created tournaments, site-wide signatures, and various quality-of-life things. I have also created (very hacky) server tools to monitor and display current values to find bugs during runtime.

Again, I have been out-of-the-game for quite awhile, but I am a quick learner, and am willing to aid in monetary needs. During that time, I rented a dedicated server, costing $120CDN a month from esecuredata.com (A canadian dedicated server, now is $134/month... I had to dig through my email xD)

I'll understand if you don't accept my application, as I'll need to relearn QUITE A BIT. I am willing and able though, and I hope that is enough. Oh, and Pokenet was programmed in Java as well.

I appreciate the devs for reading this far, and I hope you consider. THANKS!!!

GaMa

Re: [Server Admin/Database Admin] GaMa

Post by GaMa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:59 am

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Play Dash
Discord: 9888

Post by Play Dash » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Please hire him i want to get a spriter job :v
You set the oil Bucket on fire, WreckingPrograms!
We only want Bucket!
#FireLuigi1000LetBucketStepIn

HoundBlue

Post by HoundBlue » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 pm

oh my FUCKING GOD
| Image | Image| Image |Image|