Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

We post announcements about the game and its development here!
User avatar
Uranus
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 pm
Location: Uranus, Solar System

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by Uranus » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:16 pm
Uranus wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:55 pm
Just a side note, potentially not wanting to do more events because of one person isnt really a great thing to do, it's just like a fly, you can swat it.
It wasn't just the one cheater, there were groups of people voting who didn't even read and understand what they were voting for.

A bunch of people thought they could vote in a Robot Master, when it was clearly stated in the rules that Robot Masters were not part of this contest. What those people did only throws the results completely off and ruins the process for everyone actually trying to accomplish the goal of the contest. 😔
It could just be a misunderstanding, the people who wanted dust Man probalby did it on purpose (I dunno though). I was mainly referring the the multi account voter person (it's probalby not "The Dub")
I've now reached 1000 posts!!! I'm a forum classic now :D :D :D

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

Image

pm me to do so

User avatar
Neo Cutman
Posts: 767
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by Neo Cutman » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:16 pm

It wasn't just the one cheater, there were groups of people voting who didn't even read and understand what they were voting for.

A bunch of people thought they could vote in a Robot Master, when it was clearly stated in the rules that Robot Masters were not part of this contest. What those people did only throws the results completely off and ruins the process for everyone actually trying to accomplish the goal of the contest. 😔
Yes, I realized that this happened several times.

In this case I would suggest that if there is another contest, the developers do not ask to vote for a specific game and then open the content in another vote.

I think it would be better if the developers did it differently.


Example: a vote on minibosses.

Developers could make a list of viable minibosses including several different games and let people vote.


In the case of enemies since they are many, they could make a list with 3 enemies from each game, avoiding redundant enemies like R suzy.

User avatar
DestroyerOfDestruction
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 am
Location: Colombia
Discord: BigMaster#4335
Contact:

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Uranus wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:20 pm
The irregular situation Wrecking spoke about last thread/announcement was the YouTuber mistaking this contest as a possibility to get Dust Man and making his audience vote for this boss. As far as I know, there haven't been other major vote tampering issues.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

User avatar
Uranus
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 pm
Location: Uranus, Solar System

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by Uranus » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:39 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:21 pm
Uranus wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:20 pm
The irregular situation Wrecking spoke about last thread/announcement was the YouTuber mistaking this contest as a possibility to get Dust Man and making his audience vote for this boss. As far as I know, there haven't been other major vote tampering issues.
I knew, also apparently the new thing is is that you only quote the users name but not their post.
I've now reached 1000 posts!!! I'm a forum classic now :D :D :D

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

Image

pm me to do so

User avatar
Zephadus
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:17 am
Location: Canada

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by Zephadus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:23 am

Image
Personally, I voted for Darspider.
I think it's an interesting enemy that has a chance to get in.

Image
I also really like Arigock G, but...
I imagine it won't get a lot of votes, due to being similar to Bomb Thrown.
It's a stationary enemy that chucks bombs in an arc.
The difference being the enemy's size, and the repeating pattern of its projectiles, rather than Bomb Thrown's lock-on toss.

On the other end of things...

How to waste a vote:
Image Image
Image Image
These are just re-skins of enemies we already have.
Small exception for Shield Attacker TRL, as he may have some interaction with Bass Buster and Water Shield, but I doubt if that would be implemented into Mega Man Maker.
If we're going to get another Shield Attacker enemy, it should work like Footholder, allowing the user to set a travel distance, at which it will turn around.
Image
Image

User avatar
UlticraftMTT
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 am
Location: in my moms basement eating hot pockets
Discord: MettatonEX#9160
Contact:

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by UlticraftMTT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:31 am

Zephadus wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:23 am
Image
Personally, I voted for Darspider.
I think it's an interesting enemy that has a chance to get in.

Image
I also really like Arigock G, but...
I imagine it won't get a lot of votes, due to being similar to Bomb Thrown.
It's a stationary enemy that chucks bombs in an arc.
The difference being the enemy's size, and the repeating pattern of its projectiles, rather than Bomb Thrown's lock-on toss.

On the other end of things...

How to waste a vote:
Image Image
Image Image
These are just re-skins of enemies we already have.
Small exception for Shield Attacker TRL, as he may have some interaction with Bass Buster and Water Shield, but I doubt if that would be implemented into Mega Man Maker.
If we're going to get another Shield Attacker enemy, it should work like Footholder, allowing the user to set a travel distance, at which it will turn around.
Shrimparge 91 isn't exactly a Shrink clone, because in Hard Mode, it shoots at you as it charges towards you, and that would make an interesting enemy IMO.
Image

1/2/9/10 SFX Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=91154#p91154
Game Boy Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10508

hail boognish

Upcoming mods: Mega Man Maker Plus 2

yotubesocialhd2
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:55 pm

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by yotubesocialhd2 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:45 am

So ,how will the winner be announced? Because i am curious to see who wins.

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:28 am

yotubesocialhd2 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:45 am
So ,how will the winner be announced? Because i am curious to see who wins.
Me too, but we just can for wait.

User avatar
Uranus
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 pm
Location: Uranus, Solar System

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by Uranus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:33 am

yotubesocialhd2 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:45 am
So ,how will the winner be announced? Because i am curious to see who wins.
They might be trying to count the bogus ones
I've now reached 1000 posts!!! I'm a forum classic now :D :D :D

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

Image

pm me to do so

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Phase 2 - The Mega Man Maker Enemy Contest

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:54 pm

Zephadus wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:23 am
Image
Personally, I voted for Darspider.
I think it's an interesting enemy that has a chance to get in.
Seeing a lot of support for it in the forum. I wouldn't mind seeing Darspider make it in, would be a nice addition. :)

I agree on the potential of wasted votes, there are several enemies that almost exactly match enemies already in MMM.

On a side note, while I know they have nothing to do with this contest because they are from MM11, I hope Shpider/Mini Shpider someday appear in MMM.
Uranus wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:33 am
yotubesocialhd2 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:45 am
So ,how will the winner be announced? Because i am curious to see who wins.
They might be trying to count the bogus ones
Probably whats taking so long. Combing through the votes to eliminate cheating.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest