New weapon + contest

We post announcements about the game and its development here!
Wecking
Site Admin
Discord: Wecking#2152

New weapon + contest

Post by Wecking » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Today we have two announcements! We're not only revealing a new weapon, but you'll be able to vote for an additional weapon as well!

Let's start with the new weapon, and it's quite an unusual one! One may even argue it's not just one, but several weapons. How does that even work? Watch the video below to find out!

For our second announcement, we're hosting another contest, similar to our Enemy Contest from three months ago! This time, you can vote for your favorite weapon, the winner of which will be added to version 1.7*. It will even appear in the Command Selection weapon we announced before!

Unlike with the enemy contest, there aren't that many weapons we can still add! As such, this contest is not split up into two phases. Instead, you can immediately vote for your favorite weapon! Only weapons from Mega Man 1 to 6, as well as 9 and 10 are listed in order to create this weapon within a reasonable time frame.

DO NOT try to make others vote for your weapon of choice. This is considered vote manipulation and goes against the nature of this contest. You are free to spread the word about the contest, but please do so in an unbiased fashion.

We are using a Google form in order to combat easy manipulation of the results. This means that you will need a Google account to vote. We will not collect your email addresses or any other personal information.

The deadline for voting is this Tuesday, July 28th. You can vote as long as it's the 28th anywhere in the world. Choose wisely, but above all, have fun!

Vote using the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1enXxFZ ... MsDp6puSDA

*The development team reserves the right to deny or alter the winning weapon as needed.
Created this game, I guess.

Uranus
Discord: Uranus#7544

Re: New weapon + contest

Post by Uranus » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:51 pm

Very Interesting, can see some useful uses with the weapon.

And I'm for the Plug Ball gang.
Uranus is finally back. Message me on Discord if you have any issues with the forums or the wiki. Or contact the other mods if I'm not active.

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Kamikaze attack.... really..???? REALLY???
AND a heal option?

This isn't even Mega Man anymore TBH. I think someone was watching too much DBZ.
Just a few buds hangin' out

Blast Man
Discord: Play Dash#9888

Post by Blast Man » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:56 pm

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
A gamer/artist (also known as Play Dash, ignore old dumb account from like 12-13) who also likes Mega Man! I also like the artstyle and aesthetics of the old Mega Man games/Mega Man Maker demakes.

Currently working on Rivals of Aether stuff!

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Dragon Quest is a weapon now, thats hilarious. :lol:

Also, as much as I'd love to see Rush Marine in MMM, I'm giving my weapon vote to Gyro Attack.

yotubesocialhd2

Post by yotubesocialhd2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:17 pm

I gave my vote to the well know Super Arm. Could be used in alot of ways.

Also congrats to the Hero's Command Selection making it into MMM 1.7! Shapping up to be a good update so far! :D

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Question about this new weapon I just thought about.

How do Weapon Blocks and boss weaknesses/resistances work in relation to using it?

Does each weapon randomly picked adhere to their own personal boss weaknesses/resistances and weapon blocks, or does each weapon randomly chosen only impact Hero Weapon Blocks and Hero boss weaknesses/resistances?

yotubesocialhd2

Post by yotubesocialhd2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:27 pm
Question about this new weapon I just thought about.

How do Weapon Blocks and boss weaknesses/resistances work in relation to using it?

Does each weapon randomly picked adhere to their own personal boss weaknesses/resistances and weapon blocks, or does each weapon randomly chosen only impact Hero Weapon Blocks and Hero boss weaknesses/resistances?
I agree ,there are some unanswered question concerning this new weapon! :)

ZepperFang

Post by ZepperFang » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:44 pm

I just disagree about the new "weapon". No offense, but perhaps younger boys might enjoy such features. :roll:

About the weapon, I choose *BUBBLE LEAD* for good.

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:10 pm

For the Hero weapon, I'd honestly laugh if the weapon "Nothing" was in the weapon pool rotation.

I'd assume character exclusive weapons/utilities like Busters and Adaptors are not in the rotation?

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:14 pm

I also don't see the reason for Hero's Selection. You LITERALLY can choose any weapon given on the pause menu, AND we have weapon capsules to use in levels, AND we can cycle between weapons in game anyway. WHY do we need hero's selection? That's just being a smaller pause menu than what we already have.
Just a few buds hangin' out

yotubesocialhd2

Post by yotubesocialhd2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:17 pm

NMario84 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:14 pm
I also don't see the reason for Hero's Selection. You LITERALLY can choose any weapon given on the pause menu, AND you have weapon capsules, AND we can cycle between weapons in game anyway. WHY do we need hero's selection? That's just being a smaller pause menu than what we already have.
Because this weapon has a Heal and Kamikazee in it. :)

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:30 pm

yotubesocialhd2 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:17 pm
NMario84 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:14 pm
I also don't see the reason for Hero's Selection. You LITERALLY can choose any weapon given on the pause menu, AND you have weapon capsules, AND we can cycle between weapons in game anyway. WHY do we need hero's selection? That's just being a smaller pause menu than what we already have.
Because this weapon has a Heal and Kamikazee in it. :)
Now that I think of it, it would've probably been easier and more efficient to just implement Heal and Kamikazee as two separate weapons.

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Friend Code: SW-0335-5373-4233

Shadow444

Post by Shadow444 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:41 pm

I voted for the Super Arm weapon. Image
What was actually useless in MM1 does not mean that it will be useless in MMM. This weapon need to seriously improve. Specifically the ability to pull stones out of the ground, as did Gutsman in MMPU, as well as make it possible to pick up in addition to the stones themselves, Weapon Block, Weapon Barrier, Cracked Block and Push Block, as well as Dust Block, and from enemies Pole Egg and Octopus Battery (when they don't move).

Well, it would be cool if not heavy objects ( Dust Block, Pole Egg and Octopus Battery) could be thrown in different directions, as it was in the game Chip ' n Dale Rescue Rangers 2, (this game is made by Capcom too after all).

XDiegoBroht

Post by XDiegoBroht » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:59 pm

This seems useless to me.

Casual Builder

Post by Casual Builder » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:00 am

The idea for Command Selection is...

TOTAL AWESOMENESS

I mean, choosing between 4 randomly selected weapons at any time is great.

As for Weapon Contest, I've decided to pick Triple Blade - simply because this weapon is reminiscent of Spread Gun from Contra.
Being a Casual Builder is always boring.
Ladies and Gentlemen... meet SunSwagger - a supreme being whose goal is to make all inferior lifeforms a lot cooler. 8-)

Mega Pokebattlerz
Discord: Mega Pokebattlerz#4489

Post by Mega Pokebattlerz » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:10 am

Not much to say about Command Selection, probably just going to be a meme weapon. Another Smash-inspired weapon is nice though. Witch Twist when

As for my vote for the new weapon, I voted for Napalm Bomb if only because a) it's a decent yet underrated weapon that wouldn't need too many changes to be good, and b) it feels weird to have Napalm Man in the game without his weapon. I wouldn't mind seeing Super Arm, Spark Shock or Dust Crusher either to complete the weapon sets for 1, 3 and 4. Spark Shock in particular is my second choice, though it would need a serious rework in order to be any good.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Plug Ball to complete the 9 weapon set I guess, but that would probably need a rework too since we have Scramble Thunder already.
ded

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:43 am

I love the Hero Command weapon even added Heal and the Kamikaze which can also one shot bosses?!

I also pick Super Arm and if I have to be honest I feel the majority of people have or will pick the Super Arm as well due to it being the only weapon from MM1 still not in the game.
Levels:
Banzai Woman

azrael4h

Post by azrael4h » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:49 am

I went weird and voted for Wire adapter. I've had a few ideas in my notes for this, even if it just retains it's stock MM4 form.

Not picky really, though I can find more uses for Rush Marine, Super Arm, and Bubble Lead than the others.

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:11 am

- I've got to say: Highly disappointed at 'Hero's Command' being a new weapon. Having random weapon selection in a game where there is so much possibility in what will be onscreen... makes it 'kinda useless with how situational it can be in correlation to the terrain, enemies and gimmicks... My vote would definitely be for "Frost Wall" from MM&B and "Wire Adapter"... But since "Wire Adapter" is technically a utility, my next vote would probably be for "Freeze-Cracker".