Blast Man

We post announcements about the game and its development here!
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Blast Man

Post by WreckingPrograms » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Get ready to be blown away! Blast Man joins the battle in 1.6, and he's got quite a few tricks up his arsenal and deep pockets full of bombs. And if those endless streams of explosives aren't enough, he can also tap into his Power Gear to demolish everything in sight! Facing him eye to eye won't be easy!

Created this game, I guess.

AppendixOfTheCards

Re: Blast Man

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:34 pm

The boss looks beautiful, great spritework and animation, and seeing the Power Gear appear lights up all kinds of expeftations. I'm also very excited for the background, lots of uses for a generic city scene. Thank you so much for your hard work all of you, and I can't wait for release!

QuartexGames

Post by QuartexGames » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:49 pm

So he's here...
Woah It's Green ID: 376773
Woah It's Yellow ID: 379620

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:59 pm

oh cool a new announcement
can we please never get another explosive robot master
profile pic is an improved version of my hose man mugshot made by MP64/terra (the one i'm using is his version)

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:05 pm

And here we go again, again wp with the click of the master bomb robot, they are clearly your favorites, right?. for something called Wrecking programs.
At least I hope it is a good challenge, either because it is a danger to your health, or because it is really difficult to overcome and does not take me twenty seconds.
Last edited by 14Protoman on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phunguy06
Discord: https://discord.gg/4uNSrqe / phunguy06#5940

Post by phunguy06 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:05 pm

hey look, another one
nah this is pretty cool
Last edited by phunguy06 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
here lies phunguy's hopes and dreams

The Mega Man Maker Weapons Pack mod is finished! Check out the thread here! Y'know, if you want to...

Blast Man
Discord: Play Dash#9888

Post by Blast Man » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:07 pm

A gamer/pixel artist (also known as Play Dash, old idiotic account here) who also likes Mega Man games! I also like the artstyle and aesthetics of the old Mega Man games/Mega Man Maker demakes.

Currently working on Rivals of Aether stuff and MM demakes!

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Blast Man wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:07 pm
Don't worry play dash, that nobody will kill you, let's gather signatures so that nobody hurts you in the game.

Shadow444

Post by Shadow444 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:15 pm

I won't argue that the boss looks threatening , but...
Bomb Man
Crash Man
Napalm Man
Grenate Man
We already have 4 robot masters of the explosion category, do we need another one?
In the game now catastrophically need a robot master category of water and ice category, well, or in extreme cases, the category of fire. Bubble man can't be taken seriously at all. Ice man is too predictable and has no special chips.
There were problems with the electric robot master, Spark man is unremarkable too, but at least Sheep man will be added and make things a little better with this one. One Flame man is not enough either.

So i'm pinning my hopes that the 2 remaining bosses will emerge from this list and no one else.
Pump Man, Chill Man, Torch Man, Tundra Man,
Although there are still 2 bosses which only the subspecies of the element of fire and water, namely Solar Man and Acid Man.

WreckingPrograms Believe me, if there are other robot masters not on this list will be added in 1.6 update, then this update will be a failure and the community will be disappointed. Waiting more than 8 months is too long a period of time.

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Hold up, thats not the eye, its a different color

the plot thickens
I'm now a forum mod, Talk to me or the other moderators if you have any issues.

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

02gn
Discord: *02gn*#5656

Post by 02gn » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:36 pm

OMG A MM11 BOSS! YAAY!

Oh it's Blast Man huh?

Damn... looking at these smooth animations and these sprites... I feel like it's taken from a different fangame! Also that's one cool looking city BG!

8.5/10

(Avatar drew by Xartin)

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:22 pm

I KNEW IT!! :x He's biased for bomb-themed Robot Masters!

I'm just hoping the other one that comes with him is Tundra Man... >_>

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Wow people, way to just beat up WP just for having a thing for explosive type robot masters. I'm thrilled to see a MM11 rm in animated 8-bit! I think the dev team are doing a great job with their work.
I really needed to update my signature...

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Gravitrax64 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:57 pm
Wow people, way to just beat up WP just for having a thing for explosive type robot masters. I'm thrilled to see a MM11 rm in animated 8-bit! I think the dev team are doing a great job with their work.
Everybody attack gravitax.
Although I think I have an idea to be a fire boss, although it would not be the same, but I think it could work, wait on to 1.6.

MegaJosh67
Discord: Hip Knuckles #5560

Post by MegaJosh67 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:33 pm

I'll admit, the sprites are amazing and Blast Man is my favourite RM from MM11. But WHY!?!!?!? Don't we have ENOUGH bomb robot masters? I'm grateful and all, but if commando man is in 1.6, I won't be happy. Add Solar Man, Chill Man, Torch Man or Tundra Man next. Especially one of the ice robot masters.
Edit: Seriously though, add ice robot masters, a lot of people (including me) want a new one.
P.S Sorry if I overreacted, I am grateful, just plenty disappointed.
Last edited by MegaJosh67 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Hip Knuckles now, incase you didn't know.

MrDocrobot

Post by MrDocrobot » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:40 pm

Ok. Now I can certainly see why another announcement took so long. Blast Man's animations sooooooo good! I was completely blown away. No pun intended. Now this gets me more excited.

BenPlusMM
Discord: https://discord.gg/a9XqaZ6 / Ben™ #6759

Post by BenPlusMM » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:48 pm

i’m not gonna yell about OMFG ANOTHER EXPLOSION RM!!!!1!11!ONE!1!
the buttery smooth animations and play dash being in 1.6 are worth it
Eggery.

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:05 pm

Ok I'm going to be honest here. Instead of just complaining that "RRREEEEEE ANOTHER BOMB ROBOT MASTER" (even though I really am getting tired of seeing those guys), I'll just give a fair and probably valid opinion.

This is the fifth bomb-themed Robot Master in the game.
Four was already enough options and probably the most Robot Masters out of any theme in the game.
Now, I'm not against bomb Robot Masters, or having a lot of options for which boss to choose for your explosion level, but...
We have one water-themed Robot Master, and that one boss is really easy, and follows a set pattern.
We have one ice-themed Robot Master, and that one boss needs a bit of precision to dodge and also follows a set, easy to figure out pattern.
We have two electricity-themed Robot Masters.
We have two fire-themed Robot Masters, one of which isn't even considered fire-themed by a lot of people (for some reason).
Hell, add all of those together and it's not much more than how many bomb Robot Masters we have.
We definitely have enough bomb Robot Masters already, why do we need more? We already had THREE when the game first came out, why can't we get more variety with the other themes? We didn't even have any ice or water Robot Masters at the start.

Again, I have nothing against bomb Robot Masters, Blast Man looks pretty good and I'm excited for the update, but the announcement was just kind of disappointing for me, especially after the two month hiatus on announcements. I guess it's like if a new Pokémon game was announced with very little info, and after two months of no further details, GameFreak said: "We're adding a new form of Mega Evolutions! Here are Charizard's three new alternate forms!"

edit: i didn't want to sound like an impatient three-year old who wants everything done exactly the way he wants, but seriously, did we really need another bomb robot master?
profile pic is an improved version of my hose man mugshot made by MP64/terra (the one i'm using is his version)

SpongebobFTWVyondFTL

Post by SpongebobFTWVyondFTL » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:33 pm

Awesome! I also have a plan for Rockman 2 Uber. If a Speed Gear boss gets added, I will add Blastman and that Speed Gear boss as minibosses in RM2U's Wily Stage 6 (the last stage).
Rockman rocks so hard!!! AND SO DOES SPONGEBOB.
I was too lazy to continue ROCKMAN 2 UBER that I had to cancel it. I made 4 of its stages in 1.5.5.1: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9419

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 pm

Gravitrax64 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:57 pm
Wow people, way to just beat up WP just for having a thing for explosive type robot masters.
Okay, I'll say something positive: This guy having Power Gear and a more varied attack pattern in general means he will make a great Final Boss for levels that have several bosses in them, as he will test your skills more than any other Robot Master currently in Mega Man Maker.
8JKN4 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:05 pm
We have one water-themed Robot Master
Two if you count Toad Man, but I guess he has the same problem as Pharaoh Man on whether or not he's a fire-type.