Blast Man

We post announcements about the game and its development here!
Blue_Bummer

Re: Blast Man

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:10 am

A NEW UPDATE.

Those animations, the art, the quality of it all...... 🤤

MrDocrobot wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:40 pm
Ok. Now I can certainly see why another announcement took so long. Blast Man's animations sooooooo good! I was completely blown away. No pun intended. Now this gets me more excited.
Same. This is amazing work.
Gravitrax64 wrote:Wow people, way to just beat up WP just for having a thing for explosive type robot masters. I'm thrilled to see a MM11 rm in animated 8-bit! I think the dev team are doing a great job with their work.
Same. As soon as I saw the title I knew someone would speak up in objection to the choice. Blast is not my first pick for a new RM, but he's certainly welcome. I just can't get over the quality of this... for a fangame, A. FANGAME. 🤯

Wrecking might have held off on the reveal of Blast Man due to the expected blowback (heh, I just made a pun). At this point he may just be trolling. :P
Honestly guys, this is the Dev team's world, we're just guests in it. Everyone has the right to have their own opinions on the matter, and like said I was hoping for a different RM too, but dang... Look at him. 🤤

Some Observations.

1)The quality, this can't be overstated. Buttery smooth and just... wow.

2)Power Gear for MM11 bosses confirmed. Speed Gear, while not confirmed, is now more than likely in the cards too.

3)How the bombs of Blast Man interacted with Mega Man's Fire Storm (MM1) blasts (detonating them), very nice! I guess every fire based power will interact with Blast Man's bombs in the same way?

4)Love how the Blast Man bombs linking power is preserved in MMM. Hoping this power makes the weapons roster for Mega Man and crew in 1.6.

5) Mega Man was using a MM1 power and not a MM11 power to fight Blast Man!!! SUSPICIOUS. ;)

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:46 am

Awesome! I'm not too concerned about what type of robot-masters we get so long as they are done well. In Blast Man's case.... very good animation! He looks gigantic compared to Megaman, though. I guess it's because he's from 11? Anyhoot, good work devs! This next update is really shaping up to be something special!

ZepperFang

Post by ZepperFang » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:54 am

OK, now more 6 months until the release.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:00 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:46 am
He looks gigantic compared to Megaman, though. I guess it's because he's from 11? Anyhoot, good work devs! This next update is really shaping up to be something special!
Blast Man is naturally taller in height than Mega.

LuminersS

Post by LuminersS » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:42 am

I think we did not expect the inclusion of blast man as an RM, but hey at least we have a new advance, a new background, and a new soil, plus there is still 1 RM left to reveal, and let's think about this ... if the RMs of 1.6 have a double gear system ... it is unlikely that block man or impact man will appear, and blast man was the one for a stage. ;)
if you ask me ... I appreciate the inclusion of blast man, thanks wrecking programs for making this great game :D

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:10 am

Hooray for more announcements! \ :D /
I'm a dolphin that likes playing around with beach balls, though I prefer to pounce on my buddy.
He seems to love it when I do that to him. I don't mind at all. It shows that we're best friends.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:19 am

LuminersS wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:42 am
...plus there is still 1 RM left to reveal, and let's think about this ... if the RMs of 1.6 have a double gear system ... it is unlikely that block man or impact man will appear, and blast man was the one for a stage. ;)...
If previous patches are anything to go by, there should be 2 more RM left to reveal. Each patch normally brings 4 Robot Masters.

So far we have Sheep Man from MM10 and (of course) Blast Man here from MM11.

Should be one more from MM10 and another MM11 RM.

The other RM from MM10 will probably be....

...drumroll plz....

Commando Man.

McWally

Post by McWally » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:53 am

Dude. This looks so cool! He even has his Power Gear attack!!

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:49 am

Glad to see this game isn't dead.

Anyways, I wonder what kind of setups can be made with Blast Man. He can jump very high, but his bombs can't pass through walls.

Regarding the explosive RM debacle, I don't really take much stock in a RM's "type" myself, though I can undertand why it's an issue for some.
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:19 am
If previous patches are anything to go by, there should be 2 more RM left to reveal. Each patch normally brings 4 Robot Masters.

So far we have Sheep Man from MM10 and (of course) Blast Man here from MM11.

Should be one more from MM10 and another MM11 RM.

The other RM from MM10 will probably be....

...drumroll plz....

Commando Man.
A while back I suggested Commando Man, because of how his attacks can't be absorbed or reflected, and though that would set him apart from the bosses we currently have. Though what there were 3 MM11 bosses, and Sheep as the sole representative of MM10?

Danbilao

Post by Danbilao » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:13 am

Wow, I love how you guys are working hard for this game, and I just want you to know that because of all that you're doing, so many megaman fans can play very happily those awesome, sometimes ridiculous, and always nice levels, all because of YOU. Everything you can do for us is great and we all appreciate anything new :D

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:06 am

D-Man wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:49 am

A while back I suggested Commando Man, because of how his attacks can't be absorbed or reflected, and though that would set him apart from the bosses we currently have. Though what there were 3 MM11 bosses, and Sheep as the sole representative of MM10?
Not me. I was expecting the Devs to follow the pattern they've being doing from previous patches. Judging by that it would be 2 RM from MM10 and 2 from MM11.

So far they've revealed just Sheep Man and now Blast Man.

Should be 2 more left to be revealed for patch 1.6... but hey I'm just going by previous data, the Devs could totally change their pattern and do something unpredictable..... and that's what makes them dangerous.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:06 am
Should be 2 more left to be revealed for patch 1.6...
Yes, Commando Man and Block Man... >_>

Well, at least I should be thankful for the nice amount of electric-themed stuff they put into this update. Now we have enough electric weapons that I can shut up about them for a while, and a fairly nice electric boss, so now we can cap off our electric-themed levels with either Spark Man, Magnet Man or Sheep Man, and that's a decent amount of variety.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:12 pm

I have to say, he's a good RM, the animation and programming is very good, but I have to agree with people that say we already have a lot of bomb type RM. I imagine that some technical difficulties related to double gear system led to this choice.

The Background is very beautiful and will be very useful as it makes it seem like we are inside the city different from other bgs that seems the city is far away.

The brick type tiles are very beautiful and will be really useful.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Am I the only one that thinks the explosion sprites for his mini bombs when contacting is too small? I mean look at the explosion sprites when the same mini bombs get detonated early by fire, it's larger and fits more perfectly with the original ratio between the a mini bomb and its explosion radius. :?

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:16 pm

Well, one good thing comes out of this: Commando Man is the only pure Bomb-type left to add. And if he comes in the 1.6 update, WP will have run out of pure Bomb-types to add! :lol:

If he adds Commando Man now, the only way he can get a new pure Bomb-type in 1.7 is to add Ballade and/or Mars, and for that he will have to step into Gameboy territory. For some people, this is a win-win situation. ;)

Personally, I hope he will start adding the Water/Bomb hybrids (Dive Man, Burst Man, and Pirate Man) or the Earth/Bomb hybrid Drill Man.

Proto Man V
Discord: DWN-016 Wood Man#6668

Post by Proto Man V » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:38 pm

I apologize for the lazy blast man sprite. it still has some red and blue pixels.
Finally...

DETERMINATION.

I may or may not have overexaggerated my hype a bit in a recent forum post

also working on a mod that has yet to be announced

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Proto Man V wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:38 pm
I apologize for the lazy blast man sprite. it still has some red and blue pixels.
Why is your upper-left Robot Master a walking cane?

Mega Pokebattlerz
Discord: Mega Pokebattlerz#4489

Post by Mega Pokebattlerz » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:41 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:54 pm
Proto Man V wrote:
I think that was supposed to be a question mark.
Mega Man 8 is here!(Voice acting not included.)

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Hyenyaku wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Am I the only one that thinks the explosion sprites for his mini bombs when contacting is too small? I mean look at the explosion sprites when the same mini bombs get detonated early by fire, it's larger and fits more perfectly with the original ratio between the a mini bomb and its explosion radius. :?
I agree with this, the "mini-explosions" look very strange and somewhat out of place visually, at least in my opinion.
Everything else looks fine otherwise.

Proto Man V
Discord: DWN-016 Wood Man#6668

Post by Proto Man V » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Mega Pokebattlerz wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:41 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:54 pm
Proto Man V wrote:
I think that was supposed to be a question mark.
Yes, that's what it was supposed to be.
Finally...

DETERMINATION.

I may or may not have overexaggerated my hype a bit in a recent forum post

also working on a mod that has yet to be announced