Blast Man

We post announcements about the game and its development here!
Blue_Bummer

Re: Blast Man

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 am

Proto Man V wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:38 pm
I apologize for the lazy blast man sprite. it still has some red and blue pixels.
I think that eye is supposed to be a reference to Blast Man, not a different Robot Master. Reason I believe this is because Wrecking said...
WreckingPrograms wrote:Facing him eye to eye won't be easy!
here in the Blast Man announcement.
LeonardMan wrote:(2 more RMs to be revealed)...Yes, Commando Man and Block Man... >_>
Commando Man EDIT: would appear to be very doable, not sure about Block Man. I guess they could cut his giant form for Power Gear and instead just use his Spam Bricks attack. 🤔
Royalguard wrote:the "mini-explosions" (of Blast Man mini-bombs) look very strange and somewhat out of place visually, at least in my opinion.
Everything else looks fine otherwise.
Perhaps they look different if they actually connect to Mega Man?

MeowLord

Post by MeowLord » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:27 am

Wow, I love it, it's so smooth! Honestly this boss looks so nice and can't wait to use it! :D
I'm part of UARM Force now apparently.
Also SnivyMaster wants me to put this here:

So has anyone noticed that Willy has incredible taste in robot design?

Also I bet you never expected me to change my signature.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:30 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 am
Commando Man would appear to be very doable
I'm pretty sure he is, because he moves exclusively by means of big jumps, and is thus not bothered by any irregular floors. Most of the Robot Masters that made it into Mega Man Maker move in this manner, such as Bomb Man, Metal Man, Magnet Man, Hard Man, Spark Man, Toad Man, Pharaoh Man, Stone Man, Napalm Man, Crystal Man, Flame Man and Tornado Man.

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
...not sure about Block Man. I guess they could cut his giant form for Power Gear and instead just use his Spam Bricks attack. 🤔
I'm assuming you're talking about his third phase, where he goes to a corner and keeps firing blocks? I honestly think that would work better as a second attack option alongside his first phase attack. If the Giant form isn't viable, they could give him the Superhero version of his Block Dropper.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Post by UlticraftMTT » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:10 pm

I honestly think this is one of the best additions to the game so far. Blast Man looks beautiful and fun to fight. I don't care about "too many explosive RMs" or "Animation is too smooth".

1/2/9/10 SFX Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=91154#p91154
Game Boy Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10508

hail boognish

Upcoming mods: Mega Man Maker Plus 2

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:37 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:30 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Commando Man would appear to be very doable
I'm pretty sure he is, because he moves exclusively by means of big jumps, and is thus not bothered by any irregular floors. Most of the Robot Masters that made it into Mega Man Maker move in this manner, such as Bomb Man, Metal Man, Magnet Man, Hard Man, Spark Man, Toad Man, Pharaoh Man, Stone Man, Napalm Man, Crystal Man, Flame Man and Tornado Man.
I wish jumping behavior was all it took. Robot Masters like Frost Man from MM8 would be a high possibility then for a future update (not patch 1.6 of course, but a later patch if the Devs continue to make this game). His size is a bit of a quandary, but it's also part of what makes him special.

https://youtu.be/FO73MigTrdw?t=267
Nigel Chinclucker wrote:I'm assuming you're talking about his (Block Man's) third phase, where he goes to a corner and keeps firing blocks? I honestly think that would work better as a second attack option alongside his first phase attack. If the Giant form isn't viable, they could give him the Superhero version of his Block Dropper.
Correct. Once close to death he could run from the player and once a certain distance away starting spamming horizontal bricks.

There was a thread that discussed inclusion of larger enemies in MMM by having preset "boxes" that Makers could drag and drop into their levels to accommodate such enemies. The boxes would be a unchangeable room that would be packaged with a particular large enemy. A preset room like that would permit the second phase of Block Man, but at the same time such a method is also restrictive. :\

Gemini Man

Post by Gemini Man » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:03 pm

Next robot master is impact man.
IT IS 2020

Proto Man V
Discord: DWN-016 Wood Man#6668

Post by Proto Man V » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:05 am

Gemini Man wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:03 pm
Next robot master is impact man.
Proof?

If this is a prediction, you should make it more clear that that's what it is.
Finally...

DETERMINATION.

I may or may not have overexaggerated my hype a bit in a recent forum post

also working on a mod that has yet to be announced

Gemini Man

Post by Gemini Man » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:28 am

i rely on my dreams but if your dream looks as accurate as in mm11 and you don't even know it oh and i hope they don't just change the robot master just cause i said it. if I'm right witch i maybe am well at least i could be mentioned.oh and even if my dream showed impact man i never really cared for impact man and i like bounce man more. and bounce man's weakness is the pile driver thank you for asking
IT IS 2020

Proto Man V

Post by Proto Man V » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:39 am

Gemini Man wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:28 am
i rely on my dreams but if your dream looks as accurate as in mm11 and you don't even know it oh and i hope they don't just change the robot master just cause i said it. if I'm right witch i maybe am well at least i could be mentioned.oh and even if my dream showed impact man i never really cared for impact man and i like bounce man more. and bounce man's weakness is the pile driver thank you for asking
Why exactly do you think impact man is in just because you had a dream which contained him?
Finally...

DETERMINATION.

Gemini Man

Post by Gemini Man » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:43 am

what :?:
IT IS 2020

Proto Man V

Post by Proto Man V » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:50 am

Gemini Man wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:43 am
what :?:
what part of that you did not understand?
Finally...

DETERMINATION.

Gemini Man

Post by Gemini Man » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:06 pm

well you see what you said did not really make sense can you tell me again but with dif. words :?
IT IS 2020

Gemini Man

Post by Gemini Man » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:10 pm

oh now i get it well i already told you i don't like impact man really and prefer bounce man
and i didn't even really know what he looks like and when i searched him up he looked exactly like in my dream and sometimes dreams show something that already happened that day or is gonna happen...Hope that helps.
IT IS 2020

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Gemini Man wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:10 pm
sometimes dreams show something that already happened that day or is gonna happen...
Dreams are actually the Minus World of real life. Your brain is accessing the wrong data and interpreting it as sensorial information, hence why you usually dream a messed jumble of the things you've experienced during the day.

Many years ago I dreamed of a green bulky Tank Man in a desert stage, in a game with MM8's graphical style. It didn't happen.

Gemini Man

Post by Gemini Man » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 pm

dwn. 89 big brain man
IT IS 2020

Gemini Man

Post by Gemini Man » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:59 pm

wait if its the minus world then its bounce man! not impact man that's all i needed.
IT IS 2020

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:54 pm

Gemini Man wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 pm
dwn. 89 big brain man
I once came up with a Brain Man robot master idea. He was an electric-type. I'm never gonna use him though, so I'm willing to give the idea away to whoever can use it.

Also, there is a bad Mega Man fangame (I think it's called Mega Man 42) that already has a Brain Man.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:25 am

Please don't derail the conversation. Keep the fan character discussions for General chat.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

MrDocrobot

Post by MrDocrobot » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:02 am

UlticraftMTT wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:10 pm
I honestly think this is one of the best additions to the game so far. Blast Man looks beautiful and fun to fight. I don't care about "too many explosive RMs" or "Animation is too smooth".
It's certainly the most visually impressive feature so far that I'm looking forward to. Despite it being another Bomb Robot Master.