Blast Man

We post announcements about the game and its development here!
14Protoman

Re: Blast Man

Post by 14Protoman » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 am

A month has passed shortly since this last announcement, I hope they get something new, even if it's something small, I will receive it well, but I can't take it anymore, in two I start university and I will miss a whole year of play.
Anyway, I think that there is not much difference, anyway, I will save everything 1.6 and when I start vacations I could already be leaving an ad of 1.7, I think it may be something that makes me stop being active in the forums, I always visit them and I publish at least once a week, but maybe this doesn't matter to me anymore.
Total, I suppose my life will be based on school and I will no longer have free time.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:15 pm

month has passed shortly since this last announcement, I hope they get something new, even if it's something small
Yep. New month, new news update! I wonder what will be the featured development news for this month??! Excited to see more! :D

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:39 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:15 pm
month has passed shortly since this last announcement, I hope they get something new, even if it's something small
Yep. New month, new news update! I wonder what will be the featured development news for this month??! Excited to see more! :D
Considering how much time it took to create Blast Man, I'd expect the next announcement to be something smaller, like (hopefully) another weapon from MM11. So far we have 3 weapons from MM10 (Thunder Wool, Commando Bomb, Wheel Cutter) and two from MM11 (Block Dropper, Scramble Thunder).

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Friend Code: SW-0335-5373-4233

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 am

D-Man wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:39 am
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:15 pm
Considering how much time it took to create Blast Man, I'd expect the next announcement to be something smaller, like (hopefully) another weapon from MM11. So far we have 3 weapons from MM10 (Thunder Wool, Commando Bomb, Wheel Cutter) and two from MM11 (Block Dropper, Scramble Thunder).
I would assume it would probably be Blast Man's weapon, as the visual assets for it are already made, thanks to the boss. Could be wrong though.

Shadow444

Post by Shadow444 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:41 pm

I would prefer to see only this news: "1.6 will be released tomorrow" and nothing more, I'm tired of waiting already, it's too much time has passed!

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

I thought the anniversary announcement would be the last, then I thought the last was the eye, nor dare I think Blast Man is the last announcement because this update is surprisingly longer than I could imagine.
I believe a hard and great work is being done.

Shadow444 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:41 pm
I would prefer to see only this news: "1.6 will be released tomorrow" and nothing more, I'm tired of waiting already, it's too much time has passed!
This is what I only want to see too.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 am
D-Man wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:39 am
I would assume it would probably be Blast Man's weapon, as the visual assets for it are already made, thanks to the boss. Could be wrong though.
Would surely make sense.

I wonder if they'll use Mega Man this time to show it off.. Haven't seen Mega using a MM11 weapon yet. ;)

I keep wondering if my "exclusive Power Gear for Mega" theory is correct. Seeing Mega using a MM11 weapon with no power gear will help put that to bed... Unless... The option would be able to be toggled on/off. 🤔
Shadow444 wrote:I would prefer to see only this news: "1.6 will be released tomorrow" and nothing more, I'm tired of waiting already, it's too much time has passed!
Wishful thinking for sure as everyone who adores MMM is chomping at the bit to dive in to the next version. :D

Napalm Crusher

Post by Napalm Crusher » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Is normal to feel empty right now?

I'm not an active user in this forum, but everyday I check the forums for something new, I constantly feel empty when I check the forums with less people than the previous day... don't you feel the game is slowly dying for the long announcement periods?
I'm only a guy who wants to see Junk Shield in Mega Man Maker... that's it.

South Text

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:34 pm

Napalm Crusher wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:21 pm
don't you feel the game is slowly dying for the long announcement periods?
No, but I feel the devs bit more than they could chew, especially since they had long ago said this update would be less ambitious than 1.5

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:46 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:34 pm
Napalm Crusher wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:21 pm
don't you feel the game is slowly dying for the long announcement periods?
No, but I feel the devs bit more than they could chew, especially since they had long ago said this update would be less ambitious than 1.5
I don't think it's an issue of more than they could chew, but rather ambition. I can't help but feel the Devs were inspired, got carried away, and the work needed to reach the newly desired goal was much larger as opposed to their original goals when they first started 1.6.

Hence why the original goal was less development time than 1.5, and now we're on the longest development cycle ever for a new patch.

While the wait for the fans is difficult, I feel the reward will be well worth it.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:16 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
especially since they had long ago said this update would be less ambitious than 1.5
FakeVirus wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:18 pm
Baseless rumor. Fake news. 1.6 is the best. HUGE update. Will make all others look SAD
Not really sure what to believe, as both of these statements seemingly directly contradict each other.
(Unless it is possible for an update to be both less ambitious yet still "huge" at the same time.)
Do you have sources on the posts implying 1.6 would be less ambitious?

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:16 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
especially since they had long ago said this update would be less ambitious than 1.5
FakeVirus wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:18 pm
Baseless rumor. Fake news. 1.6 is the best. HUGE update. Will make all others look SAD
Not really sure what to believe, as both of these statements seemingly directly contradict each other.
(Unless it is possible for an update to be both less ambitious yet still "huge" at the same time.)

WP said in Pointain's announcement:

"As a side note, to be able to release this update within a reasonable time frame, it won't be quite as ambitious as 1.5. There will still be a lot of cool content to look forward to though!"

In my opinion they changed plans that would probably be an upgrade with enemies, bosses and basic stuff, and decided to implement something bolder that should be taking all this development time.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Royalguard wrote:
I don't remember where I read it, but I was quoting it in order to point out that it was a lie. I said "they had long ago said this update would be less ambitious than 1.5", because in the end it wasn't true and they went and bit more than they could chew, which is the opposite.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:46 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm
Royalguard wrote:
I don't remember where I read it, but I was quoting it in order to point out that it was a lie. I said "they had long ago said this update would be less ambitious than 1.5", because in the end it wasn't true and they went and bit more than they could chew, which is the opposite.
I wouldn't call it a lie per say, because their intent was never to mislead us. I would think their original goals for 1.6 were smaller, and they simply changed their mind along the way.

I think Neo Cutman's last post hit the nail on the head.
FakeVirus wrote:Baseless rumor. Fake news. 1.6 is the best. HUGE update. Will make all others look SAD
If this is true and not shenanigans we're all in for a treat. 1.5 was massive compared to all patches before it. 1.6 patch making 1.5 look sad?? That's CRAZY-kinda-good-patch talk. :shock: :D

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:46 pm
FakeVirus wrote:Baseless rumor. Fake news. 1.6 is the best. HUGE update. Will make all others look SAD
If this is true and not shenanigans we're all in for a treat. 1.5 was massive compared to all patches before it. 1.6 patch making 1.5 look sad?? That's CRAZY-kinda-good-patch talk. :shock: :D
For me, the inclusion or not of the mid-gameplay Music Changer is what's going to make or break this update.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 pm

For me, the inclusion or not of the mid-gameplay Music Changer is what's going to make or break this update.
it's very important to me too

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:46 pm

I share the same hope, although more and more I cannot guess what they are reserving for us.

Napalm Crusher

Post by Napalm Crusher » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 pm
LeonardMan wrote:

Honestly, I only care about the weapons added in the update... that was the main reason I didn't like 1.4
I'm only a guy who wants to see Junk Shield in Mega Man Maker... that's it.

South Text

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Napalm Crusher wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:47 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 pm
LeonardMan wrote:

Honestly, I only care about the weapons added in the update... that was the main reason I didn't like 1.4
Same.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:32 pm

Weapons are my favorite subject as well, as anyone can tell by my amount of weapon suggestion posts. :)