[DENIED] Proposal: Re-add the forum users section on the forum page on the wiki.

Suggestions that have been answered will be archived here, with an [ACCEPTED], [DENIED], or [RESOLVED] tag.

Should we re add the forum users section in the forum page on the wiki

Yes
No votes
No
14%
Look Uranus you just want recognition because you have 1000 posts
86%

Total votes: 7

Uranus

[DENIED] Proposal: Re-add the forum users section on the forum page on the wiki.

Post by Uranus » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:51 pm

I'm surprised why it was removed. I'm thinking that maybe we could put it back in but with fewer members or something idk
I've now reached 1000 posts!!! I'm a forum classic now :D :D :D

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Re: Proposal: Re-add the forum users section on the forum page on the wiki.

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:23 am

The sentence originally had a wrongly made link. First, it put double square brackets for external links when you actually put only one, and later to a Wiki page that doesn't exist not will ever do.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:59 am

If you are speaking about a forum user full section, the answer is no. I don't see a single good reason to allow it. It will clog the page with people that has not any notable or relevant role in the game or the community and will encourage creating articles about them when there is currently nothing that can be added about them that can explain anything about the game's history. It is also untenable to have a section with over 6000 accounts, including malicious ones or alts, which is not worth documenting. Even if we had a broader community staff, tracking the users is very demanding for

Main namespace articles should focus on documenting things relevant to Mega Man Maker. I fail to see why adding a section for all users would achieve that purpose.

I forgot to mention that there are weak criteria to select them.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am

Couldnt we just have a select amount of users that have had contributed to the forum in some way or another

pm me to do so

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 pm

I was the one that removed the "Users" section from the forums wiki article back in November 17th 2018, as I felt it was redundant due to lacking any form of practical use towards the goals of the Wiki.

In my opinion, the only user accounts deserving of notable promotion and documentation on the Wiki are developers, beta testers, and community staff, both current and former.

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:03 pm

People that aren't in the development or community teams but helped with important features for the game or the platforms may have an article in the Wiki. Here qualify D.R. Page (assistance with music loops) or MegaBoy (ideas for the website's design).

The administration and roles section lists members that were asssigned team roles in the forums. The users listed in the old Forum users list never have had any role so far and they do not apply for the special category mentioned above, so they shouldn't have pages or be listed for now.

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Yeah this ideas poop, you can lock this now

pm me to do so