Proposal: Link Weapon Analyses to Wiki's Weapon Pages?

Discuss your edits and propose your ideas for the Mega Man Maker Wiki and its pages here
D-Man

Proposal: Link Weapon Analyses to Wiki's Weapon Pages?

Post by D-Man » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:31 pm

I noticed that some weapon pages on the wiki are lacking in certain details, such as damage values, energy capacity, or object interactions. Others contain inaccurate information (Gemini Laser's page claims the weapon can pierce enemy shields).

As the author of the Weapon Analysis series on the forums, I have more in-depth coverage of certain weapons, and can add my findings to the pages that need it. But, would it be easier to just attach a link to the weapons that I've covered? This may come off as shameless self-promotion, but the information I post here is for every reader's benefit. Additionally, other wiki users can use the WAs as a reference point, and can also help in creating more accurate articles. Finally, I will attach a link to the corresponding wiki page in my Analysis page.

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Friend Code: SW-0335-5373-4233

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Re: Proposal: Link Weapon Analyses to Wiki's Weapon Pages?

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:50 am

Don't know what to say about this, but if you see a inaccuracy, you should repair it by all means.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:44 am

Not all of the weapon wiki pages are up to date with the most recent Mega Man Maker build.

If you notice any inaccuracies or changes in relation to weapon behaviour in the most recent MMM build that aren't reflective of the current wiki article, update the wiki article by correcting the inaccuracy.

Any additional unique weapon interaction information, be it missed at the time of the article's original writing, or the said interactable not being in the game at the time period of the article's original creation, update the wiki article with the missing information.

As far as the analyses go, I'd suggest going to the MMM Discord and discussing it in #Wiki. If for any reason you can't access the Discord, contact the moderator "Maese Juan 25" on the Wiki itself.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:06 pm

The page was corrected. I will watch out for the weapon pages.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:11 pm

I wholeheartedly support links from the Wiki to D-Man's weapon analysis threads. His threads espouse excellently detailed information which only enhances the MMM experience with knowledge of the weapons.