[ACCEPTED] Should The Forum Rules be updated?

Suggestions that have been answered will be archived here, with an [ACCEPTED], [DENIED], or [RESOLVED] tag.

Update Forum Rules ?

Yes
27%
No
33%
Bruh
13%
Bork
7%
Who cares
20%

Total votes: 15

Uranus
Discord: Uranus#7544

[ACCEPTED] Should The Forum Rules be updated?

Post by Uranus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 pm

Title, I think it should
I'm now a forum mod, Talk to me or the other moderators if you have any issues.

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Re: Should The Forum Rules be updated?

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:32 am

Explain why.
Crossing a dangerous river

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:13 am

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:32 am
Explain why.
Ok then

One rule that needs to be added is that the forums are english only since Awaggking has locked some threads that aren't English (ignore this)

One rule that needs to be altered is the advertising rule since it could cause confusion, let me explain

I'm not going to deep into since (might get locked or final warning) but rollerc locked a thread (level showcase) that I think was a false lock, WreckingPrograms never said links to a video are advertising and even encouraging it in the tips on posting levels. Not going further then that

Also the rule to not discuss bans should be added in since some threads have been locked due to this

In conclusion I think the rules should be changed since its outdated and unfair to users who have just joined then get a warning then banned
Last edited by Uranus on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pm me to do so

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:17 pm

Uranus wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:13 am

Ok then

One rule that needs to be added is that the forums are english only since Awaggking has locked some threads that aren't English

One rule that needs to be altered is the advertising rule since it could cause confusion, let me explain

I'm not going to deep into since (might get locked or final warning) but rollerc locked a thread (level showcase) that I think was a false lock, WreckingPrograms never said links to a video are advertising and even encouraging it in the tips on posting levels. Not going further then that

Also the rule to not discuss bans should be added in since some threads have been locked due to this

In conclusion I think the rules should be changed since its outdated and unfair to users who have just joined then get a warning then banned
KRISHNA's thread was locked because he already was banned from the Discord server for spamming those levels and a Mega Man X Dive Facebook page despite being told not to.
Crossing a dangerous river

Goldstorm
Discord: Goldstorm#0037

Post by Goldstorm » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:27 pm

You need a "meh" option.
One rule that needs to be added is that the forums are english only since Awaggking has locked some threads that aren't English
There is a rule already in place regarding this, but I personally think it needs to be made clearer:

6) Be mature
Show general maturity. Use normal English whenever possible (dont typ liek dis) and do not purposely start arguments. The forums are English only.

It is clearly stated under Rule 6, but it probably deserves a proper number rule, OR some bold text.
Personally I think this falls under the general maturity rule. I don't think one is needed. Be respectful of peoples personal privacy.

Please discuss.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 pm

I think the rules should at least be a little clearer.

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:17 pm
Uranus wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:13 am

Ok then

KRISHNA's thread was locked because he already was banned from the Discord server for spamming those levels and a Mega Man X Dive Facebook page despite being told not to.
His wasn't doing it on the forums though

Why ban on forum if you did nothing on the forum

pm me to do so

Goldstorm
Discord: Goldstorm#0037

Post by Goldstorm » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:27 pm

Uranus wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm

As per rule 6, I will not discuss other members banning's. :^ )

V1ralGam3r
Discord: #1787

Post by V1ralGam3r » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Goldstorm wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:27 pm
Personally I think this falls under the general maturity rule. I don't think one is needed. Be respectful of peoples personal privacy.
Sad as it is to say, I think we may need to actually make it an official rule. The past few times I've logged on, posts complaining about bans and/or the people involved were on front display, and it's kind of a mood killer to be greeted with shit talking.

It's like one of those "no pooping on the floor" rules - shouldn't have to be said, but people didn't see it blatantly told and so did it anyways because it's "not in the rules".
Knight needs caffeine badly.

rollerC
Discord: rollerC#5125

Post by rollerC » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Goldstorm wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:27 pm
Uranus wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm

As per rule 6, I will not discuss other members banning's. :^ )
Goldstorm, no. He’s asking a question that deserves answering. This does not fall under General Maturity.

First, I’d like to explain why I think a specific rule against making threads regarding bans is unnecessary. These threads are often just complaining about being banned, which is immature and should be clear enough that it falls under General Maturity. However, every so often, one of these threads will reveal clear moderation abuse to either the moderator in question or the rest of the team, leading to action that unbans or otherwise exonerates the member who made the thread. That’s why I believe these threads shouldn’t be banned outright.

As for the KRISHNA lock, you do have a point. Advertising isn’t against the rules on the forums. I gave him a warning because he was warned three times on the Discord to not advertise his videos and servers, and then he went to do it on the forums instead, despite him knowing that his actions were inappropriate. That said, they aren’t technically against the rules of the forums at the moment.

I think a good rule to have would be something that prohibits “jumping ship”, that is, if you are banned on the Discord, don’t do the same things that got you banned in the server here, and vice versa. And perhaps a rule that limits thread regarding banning to the Community Feedback subforum so that if people have legitimate issues, they can voice them there rather than just complaining about being justifiably banned in a general forum.

I’ll pass these recommendations on. Also moving this thread to Community Feedback, please put these sorts of threads there in the future. Quoting you guys so you’re aware:
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 pm
I think the rules should at least be a little clearer.
Uranus wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 pm
Title, I think it should
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:32 am
Explain why.
V1ralGam3r wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 pm
pee

rollerC
Discord: rollerC#5125

Post by rollerC » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:28 pm

A new rule has been added regarding "jumping ship", please check out the Rules topic.
pee