Modding in 1.16.3

Zuger123

Modding in 1.16.3

Post by Zuger123 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:24 am

Hi, I wanted to replace the "sprBassStand" sprite with my own costum sprite. First, i edited the "sprBassStandPrimary", "sprBassStandSecondary" and the ""sprBassStandOutilne" sprite so that the weapon color palette doesn't appear in the game. Then, I exported the "sprBassStand" and edited it. I changed it size which was 21x26 to 22x35, because my custom sprite is a little bigger. After that I imported my custom sprite, saved the data.win and finally opened the game to verify if everything had gone well. This was the result.

I don't know how to fix this. So I'll be uploading these images so you can know in detail the changes I made. Maybe this information is important.

If someone could help me I would really appreciate it. I use Undertale Mod Tool and I'm modding MegaManMaker 1.16.3
Thank you. :D

UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Re: Modding in 1.16.3

Post by UlticraftMTT » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:39 am

This is a document that contains info on how to properly replace sprites. You'll have to change sprite margin to move your character out of the ground. Also if you want weapon palettes, you'll have to make primary, secondary, and outline whitemasks for the primary color, secondary color, and outlines of your character that match your new sprite. Character modding is extremely difficult.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MLB ... sp=sharing

Also, 1.7.5 is moddable with a new pre-release of Undertale Mod Tool that released recently. You can't add things like First Impact did yet though. Unless you want to add your own features, i recommend moving your mod to 1.7.5. If you add anything or make major changes to existing content (especially puzzle oriented things like Bari III or Push Blocks), it would be a good idea to disable online level uploading too.
creator of Mega Man Maker Plus, 1/2/9/10 SFX Mod, and the (other) Game Boy mod

Coming eventually: