Mega Man Maker Weapons Pack Thread

phunguy06
Discord: https://discord.gg/4uNSrqe / phunguy06#5940

Mega Man Maker Weapons Pack Thread

Post by phunguy06 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Hey there. I'm phunguy06, and today I bring you...

A mod three months in the making...

This is a cosmetic mod that sets out to replace most of the special weapons in the game with brand new ones. For some, this might provide a breath of fresh air for the game, since 1.7 most likely isn't coming out anytime soon.

As for the weapons themselves, I have included:
  • All Mega Man & Bass weapons
  • Most Mega Man V weapons (except Break Dash, sorry Pluto)
  • More weapons from MM7, 8 and 11
  • Weapons from the Mega Man X series
  • New charge shot types from MM7, MM8 and MM&B
  • Bubble Lead
  • And many, many more...
(All demade sprites were made by yours truly. Special thanks to Mighty, Raptarr8 and MarioPlayer64 for giving me suggestions when I had creative block.)

Take a look at the gif below to see some of what the mod has to offer!

https://imgur.com/nTCSZQA

And that's about it. If you find any bugs, or wanna suggest something to improve the mod, please let me know and I'll update the mod accordingly.

Download the mod here! Simply replace the data.win in your Mega Man Maker folder with the new one, and you're set! It might be a good idea to make a copy of your folder, just in case.

Have fun, and happy building!

Oh, and if you type 'loss' on the copyright disclaimer screen, something interesting might happen...
FAQ:
Are you horny?
no

Are you sure?
yes

The Mega Man Maker Weapons Pack mod is finished! Check out the thread here! Y'know, if you want to...

Burning EX

Re: Mega Man Maker Weapons Pack Thread

Post by Burning EX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:38 pm

Well I tried making what it says to do to play the mod, but when I trid to load, it would always appear error mesages at the begining and before the title screen appeard a final error mesage tha would make me close the game.

Can someone give me some help with this?

Sniperjojo

Post by Sniperjojo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:04 am

Okay, I have to say, I'm stunned with how many weapons this mod changed. It's crazy. The only thing I would request is to add in the last of the MMV (GB) Weapons- Break Dash (Or whatever it was called). It would likely replace Charge Kick in this case, given that Pile Driver has the whole explosion thing going on with it when you hit a wall. Then again, this mod being a COSMETIC mod, it doesn't have to be 100% accurate (Like with Grab Buster or Bubble Lead).
Also maybe add in Rebound Striker to replace Mega Ball I dunno
No funny memes here, go home.

yotubesocialhd2

Post by yotubesocialhd2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:57 am

Will there be a Mega Man Maker Bosses Pack?

Benelux

Post by Benelux » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:32 am

phunguy06 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:00 pm
Most Mega Man V weapons (except Break Dash, sorry Pluto)
Why is Break Dash excluded?

phunguy06

Post by phunguy06 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Benelux wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:32 am
phunguy06 wrote:
It was originally going to replace Pile Driver, but there were just too many sprites. It's for my own sanity, I hope you understand.
FAQ:
Are you horny?
no

Are you sure?
yes

The Mega Man Maker Weapons Pack mod is finished! Check out the thread here! Y'know, if you want to...

VirtualSwag
Discord: https://discord.gg/wW7Q83E

Post by VirtualSwag » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:18 pm

phunguy06 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:08 pm
Benelux wrote:
phunguy06 wrote:
It was originally going to replace Pile Driver, but there were just too many sprites. It's for my own sanity, I hope you understand.
why not replace charge kick with break dash?

phunguy06

Post by phunguy06 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 pm

VirtualSwag wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:18 pm
phunguy06 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:08 pm
Benelux wrote:

why not replace charge kick with break dash?
I guess I should explain this in more detail. Any special weapon that changes the player's sprites to something exclusive to that weapon (such as Pile Driver or Charge Kick) has different sprites for Mega Man, Proto Man and Bass. If you wanted to replace those sprites with new ones, you would have to go through each frame of animation and for each player's sprites and replace them all manually. To further complicate matters, these types of sprites use each playable character's colour palettes respectively (for example, Mega Man's default palette is blue and light blue), and those palettes get replaced with that weapon's unique palette. To do this though, the game uses even more sprites for the player's primary colour, secondary colour, and the outline. Since these sprites are all coloured white in the game files, and are thrown around randomly in the image files, this makes locating them extremely tedious when put up against a traditional white-and-grey transparency background. And you have to do it another two times for the other two characters. Here's an image of what all of that looks like for Pile Driver, with around 2-6 frames for each sprite.

Yeah, pretty crazy. That's why I decided not to do it. While Charge Kick does have fewer sprites, the Break Dash sprites would be too big to fit in the original thin sprites anyway. All this applies to other weapons that I have replaced, such as Flame Sword or Scramble Thunder (the shooting up + down sprites), but with those I just didn't need to replace the player sprites or I could just get away with a simple palette swap, as you'll see with the Flame Sword/Z-Saber. Hopefully that explains things, if you're confused or still have questions please let me know.
FAQ:
Are you horny?
no

Are you sure?
yes