Version 1.7.0

Download and discuss releases of Mega Man Maker
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: Wecking#2152

Version 1.7.0

Post by WreckingPrograms » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Version 1.7.0 is released, our biggest update yet! Roll, Music Changer, new server features, Wily Wars soundtrack and much, much more!

Download + changelog: https://megamanmaker.com/
Mirror: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2r937cq0 ... 0.zip/file

Of course, you can also auto-update if you've already downloaded an earlier version.

Changelog:
New Features
-Roll makes her debut as a playable character!
- She can use her trusty Broom to attack and perform combos.
- She has the optional abilities to perform an invincible dodge roll and charge her broom attacks.
- Her animal friends Tango and Beat replace Rush Coil and Jet, respectively, and come with their own unique behavior.
-The much demanded Music Changer has been added, allowing you to change the level music mid-way through the level. You can do this using a stand-alone object or after a boss is defeated.
-The server code has been rewritten. This brings with it the following new features for the online mode:
- Level upload limit changed from 20 to 30
- Significantly faster load times in the online menu
- More level list sorting options
- Improved level searching functionality (read more here: https://api.megamanmaker.com/level/search/help)
- Scores are now split into upvotes and downvotes
- The ability to report levels
- The ability to reset your password. Please note that you need to register your email for this to work
- Improved randomness for Wily Challenge
- New options for Wily Challenge: customizable amount of lives and minimum level quality
- Difficulty tracking for levels; this will later be utilized for Wily Challenge
-New bosses:
- Fire Man
- Quick Man
- Yamato Man
- Freeze Man
- Splash Woman
- Strike Man
-New enemies:
- Telly Spawner (non-solid)
- Pipi
- Pipi Spawner
- Mole
- Mole Spawner
- Lantern Fish
- Scworm
- Atomic Chicken
- Atomic Chicken Spawner
- Sniper Armor
- Nitron
- Elec'n
- Bomb Flier
- Hologran
- Giant Springer
- Electric Gabyoall
- Ladder Press
- Helipon
- Ring Ring
- Battan
- Sea Mine
- Sea Mine Spawner
- Ratton
- Sumatran
- Bombier
- Jet Bomb
- Cocco
- V
- Hotchkiss'n
- Molier
- Submarine Flier
- Propeller Eye
- Skull Walker
- Brown
- Bunby Catcher
- Searchy Spawner
- Returning Machine Gun Joe
- Neo Heli Metall
- Molmole
- Molmole Spawner
-New weapons:
- Super Arm
- Bubble Lead
- Time Stopper
- Spark Shock
- Dust Crusher
- Gyro Attack
- Napalm Bomb
- Centaur Flash
- Yamato Spear
- Freeze Cracker
- Triple Blade
- Solar Blaze
- Command Selection
-New gimmicks:
- Super Arm Block
- Fire Wave Spawners (solids and edges)
- Fire Wave Relocator
- Fire Wave Shaft
- On/Off Switch
- On/Off Switch Timer
- On/Off Block
- On/Off Spike
- On/Off Ladder
- Acid Drop
- Needle Press
- Top Lift
- Top Lift Spawner
- Fork Block
- Steam
- Plantform
- Spike Platform
- Ice Wall
- Splash Woman Platform
- Concrete Lift
- Hornet Roll
- Jumpthrough Platform
- Soccer Ball Jet
- Fire Wall Modifier
- Bouncy Ball
- Fuse Rail
- Fuse Crawler Spawner + Exit
- Fuse Crosser
- Fuse Xtender
-New pickups:
- ?-Tank
-Added many backgrounds, tiles, ladders, spikes and water from Mega Man 1-11, as well as from Mega Man Powered Up.
-Added 8-bit renditions of the soundtrack from Mega Man: The Wily Wars.
-Added the following music: Mega Man 2 Wily 6, Robot Museum (Mega Man 7) and Kaze Yo Tsutaete (Roll's theme).
-Added the following boss music: Robot Master (Powered Up), Robot Master (Wily Wars), Wily Boss (Powered Up), Wily Machine (Powered Up), Bass (Mega Man 7) and Cut Man (Mega Man 8).
-Added new profile icons based on Roll's costumes from Mega Man Powered Up.
-You can now record GIFs in-game by pressing F7. You can stop recording by pressing F7 as well. GIFs are saved in %localappdata%/MegaMaker/GIFs and cannot exceed one minute in length.
-Keys and Key Doors can now take one of four colors. Unlocking a colored Key Door now requires one or more keys of that specific color.
-When playing a level online, the pause menu now shows its level ID.
-Push Block now comes in various colors.
-You can now put Petit Snakey on ceilings.
-You can now set Chill Blocks as damaged on spawn as an option.
-You can now set Oil in the fire state as an option.
-You can now change the speed of the Spinning Wheel.
-You can now set Electro Guard to face both directions.
-You can now set Searchy to use On/Off variants.
-You can now set Rain to use the Mega Man 4 Rain visual.
-Added new Game Over quotes to Wily Challenge.
-New example levels: Mecha Cavern Canyon by Mad Man, Wall Kicks Will Work and Blast from the Past by BushBacon, SkullSteam Factory, Scorchthaw Summit and Wily Airlines - Disaster Transport by Objectionable and Better Together by Objectionable, Meka, BigMaster and Mad Man.

Changes
-You can now hold 99 keys of one color at once, as opposed to 7.
-Keys are now shown on the top right of the screen instead of next to the health bar.
-The Eyedropper tool (activated by holding Alt) now copies the properties of the selected asset. To use the old behavior, hold Shift while copying the asset.
-Giree spawners now alert you before spawning the Giree with a little light effect.
-You can now skip the Wily Challenge intro by pressing jump, pause or Enter.
-Shell'n projectiles now put out fire from Oil.
-Time Bomb and Jet Platform now show numbers on the sprite in the editor.
-Updated the profile icons for Block Man, Blast Man and Bounce Man, Impact Man and Torch Man.
-Updated the example level Obligatory Boss Rush with Roll and multi-key doors.

Fixed Bugs
-Improved the stability of moving platforms.
-Decreased the likelihood of clipping into walls in various instances.
-In the online menus, one may occasionally come across an 'Undefined response from server' error.
-In the online menus or Wily Challenge, the game may occasionally freeze when trying to communicate with the server. Most of these should no longer happen.
-When accessing the online menus, or when closing the game, the game may crash with a 'Data structure with index does not exist' error.
-When moving a screen containing Crash Lifts, then playing the level, the game may crash.
-Ring and Dive BGs are in the wrong order in the asset list.
-In the online level menu, once a button on the bottom has been selected with the keyboard or controller, clicking a different button will bring up the wrong menu.
-Various enemy projectiles can be frozen by Ice Slasher but do not stop moving.
-Shade Man cannot destroy Noise Crush Weapon Blocks or Barriers.
-When a Fire Met is placed under or over oil, said oil is set on fire while it's despawned.
-When moving toward their destinations, Rotating Platforms and Footholders end at a slightly different position than they should.
-Thunder Wool can crash the game under specific circumstances.
-Placing conveyor belts on the very left or right of the level causes a crash.
-If Bass fires a weapon, then switches to Bass Buster immediately after, he does not aim his arm correctly.
-Brain Break removes Pile Driver's hitbox, causing the weapon to sometimes not hit it or other enemies.
-When Time Slow is active, Concrete Man jumps less horizontal distance than normal.
-Magnet Man's magnetizing animation does not slow down during Time Slow.
-During Time Slow, Magnet Man jumps less horizontal distance than normal and is unable to fire his second Magnet Missile.
-If Ice Man ascends during Time Slow, he does not shoot his second Ice Slasher.
-When standing on a jumpthrough solid while overlapping another jumpthrough solid, the player gets stuck in a constant jumping state.
-Crash Lift rails may sometimes autotile incorrectly.
-Enemies jumping on stacked jumpthrough solids may fall through the lower platforms.
-If Bass uses Treble Boost in a slot that contains Power Adapter for Mega Man, then touches a Yashichi, the Yashichi does not refill his weapon energy.
-When entering a search term on the online level list, you can still press left or right to scroll through it. If left and/or right are mapped to letter keys, this may trigger while typing.
-In the tutorial, when you are asked to enter a level name or to save your level, you can still click other icons in the toolbar, some of which leading to a softlock.
-Danger Wrap does not explode upon hitting a destructible enemy projectile.
-Hot Dog sometimes shoots too many fire balls when respawning.
-Yamato Spike (alt) faces left instead of right when placed against a left wall.
-Spine, Garyoby and Cyber Gabyoall move in the wrong direction when placed on a Sheep Block.
-Bokazurah's projectiles cover less distance during Time Slow.
-Hard Man's jump covers less distance during Time Slow.
-Destructible enemy projectiles can absorb Danger Wrap's explosion.
-If Gyoraibo touches a solid moving platform while it is shooting its missile, the game will hang.
-Water Wave cannot douse Oil below it if shot from far away.
-If you change weapon while holding out Mirror Buster, you keep holding out your buster while sliding.
-Crunch Don's hammer breaks apart Jewel Satellite when hit.
-Cyber Gaboyalls are stopped by the player's held Mirror Buster shield.
-Laser Trident does not properly show up behind certain objects such as plates and Yoku Blocks.
-Mirror Buster's cooldown after reflecting an attack is faster than in MM10's version.
-Tornado Blow does not spawn two tornados properly.
-Due to the above, Tornado Blow has a shorter time when the player has lowered gravity.
-Enemy projectiles do not play the explosion effect or enemy hit sound when killed by shield weapons such as Leaf Shield, Skull Barrier, Star Crash, and Plant Barrier.
-Water Shield does not pop when it hits a protected enemy or enemy projectile.
-Health items can refill your health after you reached 0 hp and died, keeping you alive through certain instant death cases if collected on the same frame.
-When scrolling a Gockroach S Nest on-screen during Flash Stopper, its solid collision may not appear.
-Sola 0 can fall through jumpthrough platforms.
-Fire Wall can kill bosses before they spawn.
-Fire Wall can kill bosses outside the current section.
-When jumping off-screen, Anti-Eddie is still affected by springs.
-Joe Classic's grenades may clip if thrown close to a wall.
-If a Life is carried by an item-grabbing weapon and the player switches weapons, the Life may render incorrectly.
-Hot Heads may clip when turning around near walls.
-If the player dies during a boss intro, and the boss is playing the Mega Man 8 boss intro theme, the boss theme will still play when the boss fight starts.
-In the editor, Weapon Blocks/Barriers set to Proto Jet will appear as Rush Jet.
-While using Perfect Freeze, if you keep holding the shoot button after a boss is defeated, the sound will keep playing.
-Wall Teck always starts moving down when loaded in from a disconnected screen.
-If Concrete Man touches his own Concrete Shot block and a Spring at the same time, he may clip downward.
-If a Spring bounces Wood Man close to a ceiling, he may clip.
-Wood Man does not end his jump when landing on a Spring.
-Crystal Man's health bar color is different from how it is in Mega Man 5.
-Brain Break rapidly turns around on jumpthrough or moving platforms.
-Tsurannatori groups up incorrectly.
Created this game, I guess.

LeonardMan

Re: Version 1.7.0

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:35 pm

For the second time since 1.5 I underestimated this dev team, and for the second time they shut me up. They did everything I thought was impossible or that they would never do!

Learn from my mistake, everyone! Never tell a programmer that he can't do a thing, because he WILL prove you wrong and do that exact thing!

As for me, I am now going to get all of my old levels and re-work them into what they were meant to be since the very beginning...

CommanderShramp
Discord: Czech-boi#2781

Post by CommanderShramp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:55 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:35 pm
As for me, I am now going to get all of my old levels and re-work them into what they were meant to be since the very beginning...
Same here, im taking down all of the levels i have up right now and going to do some updates to the stuff i have made.
JOIN THE CRUSTACEAN CLAN TODAY

Makername: ghostnappa

" I DIDN'T ASK TO BE BORN, DADS!": Cell

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:55 pm

Updater is frozen at 10751kb and won't go any higher. What do I do?

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Will my game be ruined if i close the window completely and try updating again? I'm not good with this sort of stuff :oops:

WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: Wecking#2152

Post by WreckingPrograms » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:09 pm

Tyler-bot wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:02 pm
Will my game be ruined if i close the window completely and try updating again? I'm not good with this sort of stuff :oops:
Nah, just close it and try again. If it still doesn't work, you can always download the update manually from our website.
Created this game, I guess.

Mega Pokebattlerz
Discord: Mega Pokebattlerz#4489

Post by Mega Pokebattlerz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:13 pm

EVERY NES WEAPON IS HERE!

I'm curious as to what they did to Centaur Flash to differentiate it from Gravity Hold though.
ded

CommanderShramp
Discord: Czech-boi#2781

Post by CommanderShramp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:27 pm

Mega Pokebattlerz wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:13 pm

I'm curious as to what they did to Centaur Flash to differentiate it from Gravity Hold though.
From what i could see in the Q&A stream, your cannot take damage from spikes for a short amount of time.
JOIN THE CRUSTACEAN CLAN TODAY

Makername: ghostnappa

" I DIDN'T ASK TO BE BORN, DADS!": Cell

Pika Luigi

Post by Pika Luigi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:23 am

Wahoo! 1.7 is here!
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:15 pm

CommanderShramp wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:27 pm
Mega Pokebattlerz wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:13 pm

From what i could see in the Q&A stream, your cannot take damage from spikes for a short amount of time.
Centaur Flash temporarily stops time and makes the player temporarily invincible.
Crossing a dangerous river