Version 1.7.4.3

Download and discuss releases of Mega Man Maker
WreckingPrograms
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.7.4.3

Post by WreckingPrograms » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 pm

Version 1.7.4.3 is released, fixing even more bugs from the previous versions.

This is intended to be the final version of 1.7, unless major issues are found.

Download + changelog: https://megamanmaker.com/
Mirror: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9kwjhjt9 ... 3.zip/file

You can also auto-update the game from a previous version.

Changelog:
Changes
-Battan's collision with other moving platforms and others Battans has been slightly improved.

Fixed Bugs
-The player can stick to a ceiling if a Bouncy Ball is placed next to it.
-The player may not be able to climb down a ladder when next to another ladder.
-The player may get stuck on the top of the screen when climbing a ladder that is one tile away from the border of the section.
-Super Arrow can be shot to the other side of a tile.
-Napalm Bomb can be shot to the other side of a tile.
-If a Battan is carrying another moving platform, it may disappear upon hitting a Spring.
-Battan may be blocked by a moving platform it's carrying when jumping.
-Enemies and bosses are sometimes not able to jump off jumpthrough moving platforms.
-When climbing a ladder to the top, the player can be teleported above a jumpthrough platform that is one tile above the ladder.
-Fire Wall Modifier's neutral position can change the way the Fire Wall moves in certain cases.
-After being affected by a Fire Wall Modifier, a Fire Wall still plays its sound effect after it moves outside the section.
-When adding a new favorite but not choosing an asset, the game may crash upon selecting the empty favorite on the Favorite Wheel.
-Item-2 is able to push enemies and certain objects other than Push Block, Soccer Ball and placed Super Arm Blocks.
-Fire Wall does not kill bosses properly during their intro animation.
-Beat does not despawn on screen transitions, creating various exploits.
-Letting go of Mirror Buster from Command Selection while sliding as Roll can get you stuck.
-Fuse Laser Crawlers may not appear if they are spawned at the edge of the screen.
-Push Blocks moved by a jumpthrough moving platform may pass through enemies without pushing them.
-Crash Lift is no longer able to carry a Push Block on the ground.
-Fans pushing the player down do not work when the player is standing on a jumpthrough platform.
-If the player kills a Brown and dies at the same time, the game may crash.
-When riding a Falling Platform to the ground, the player may not be able to slide until they jump.
-If a Yoku Block is placed under another Yoku Block, it may kill the player when spawned inside of then, even if the other Yoku Block is not yet active.
-Sliding under a horizontal Key Door with Tornado Hold under it may crash the game.
-Sliding under a horizontal Key Door with a Fan pushing you up may clip the player under the floor.
-Spiked Jet Soccer Ball's damage collision will return to its starting position if it falls off screen.
-Shade Man's intro animation plays too quickly.
Created this game, I guess.

Blue_Bummer

Re: Version 1.7.4.3

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:59 pm

Thanks again Wrecking and Dev team. 👍

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Wow, there were a lot of big bugs.

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:13 pm

I should learn not to take these minor updates too seriously. One of my biggest flaws in the development team has been that, and I am exhibiting it even when I sat this update out. However, I am trying to control it.

Given that the fix would be a 1.7.4.3 update, I didn't expect a decently large list of bugs. Congratulations on fixing them, however.
Former moderator and beta tester

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sun May 02, 2021 4:55 am

Thanks for the update! :D

EDIT: Wait: They ACTUALLY fixed the stick to ceiling bug with bouncy balls? i was told that was going to stay!
I guess some minds DO change. :P:
Just a few buds hangin' out

UBERMAN2014

Post by UBERMAN2014 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:47 pm

Wait, was the key bug have been fixed? I haven't caught up with the updates lately since that bug. And oh, the BGM still stops sometime after playing a while. Can that be ever fixed for 1.7.4.4?
Astro Man - Seeing Stars: 513293
Go Go Proto Man: TBD
Perfect DiVE: WIP
Uber Adventure 1:TBD; 2:TBD; 3:WIP; 4:WIP
Uber Quest: TBD

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sun May 02, 2021 5:22 pm

UBERMAN2014 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:47 pm
Wait, was the key bug have been fixed? I haven't caught up with the updates lately since that bug. And oh, the BGM still stops sometime after playing a while. Can that be ever fixed for 1.7.4.4?
At least in my experience, the bug is hard to replicate or to identify, so I am not sure if it will be fixed.

LJ2007@

Post by LJ2007@ » Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm

Please, stop creating intermediate updates now, the bugs that are reported are not really serious or seriously affect the game, it is good that the developers want to correct the errors and prove that their projects are perfect through intermediate updates, but this time in 1.7 this they are taking it too far, which no one is really starting to like.
In my opinion, I prefer that they focus on MMM 1.8 and not keep releasing intermediate updates from 1.7.
Please
After a while away from MM, I think it's time to go back

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed May 05, 2021 2:53 pm

LJ2007@ wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm
Please, stop creating intermediate updates now, the bugs that are reported are not really serious or seriously affect the game, it is good that the developers want to correct the errors and prove that their projects are perfect through intermediate updates, but this time in 1.7 this they are taking it too far, which no one is really starting to like.
In my opinion, I prefer that they focus on MMM 1.8 and not keep releasing intermediate updates from 1.7.
Please
So you'd rather the game stay bugged and some content broken so you can get more content faster? 🤨

If they don't fix the bugs they won't go away on their own. Building on top of bugs will only make things harder to fix later. :roll:

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Wed May 05, 2021 3:46 pm

I am also tired of minor updates that allegedly are the latest versions of 1.7, but if bugs are serious enough, I would rather get them fixed sooner, or else it may be hard to fix or attract levels made unbeatable.

UBERMAN2014

Post by UBERMAN2014 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:56 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:46 pm
I am also tired of minor updates that allegedly are the latest versions of 1.7, but if bugs are serious enough, I would rather get them fixed sooner, or else it may be hard to fix or attract levels made unbeatable.
LJ2007@ wrote:
Please
I would really want to have a proper stable 1.7.5. When was the last time we had a stable release? 1.5.5.1? 1.6.3?
If the bugs keep persisting, just focus on fixing them completely before you release the fix as a whole and not patching it bit by bit.

LJ2007@

Post by LJ2007@ » Fri May 28, 2021 4:16 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:53 pm
LJ2007@ wrote:
Please
So you'd rather the game stay bugged and some content broken so you can get more content faster? 🤨

If they don't fix the bugs they won't go away on their own. Building on top of bugs will only make things harder to fix later. :roll:
Everything has a solution in life:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12545
After a while away from MM, I think it's time to go back

UBERMAN2014

Post by UBERMAN2014 » Sat May 29, 2021 11:19 am

I would really want to have a proper stable 1.7.5.
It might not be stable as I hoped for, but it's worth the salt.