Version 1.2.2

Download and discuss releases of Mega Man Maker
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.2.2

Post by WreckingPrograms » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Version 1.2.2 is released, fixing bugs (mainly regarding Crash Lifts) and adding some new victory poses. You can also change the screen size with F1-5 now.

Download + changelog: https://megamanmaker.com/
Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gyyutknvq ... v1_2_2.zip

Of course, you can also auto-update if you've already downloaded an earlier version.

Changelog:
New Features
-Mega Man now has different victory poses for when he's in the air, sliding or climbing a ladder.
-You can now use F1-5 to switch between different screen sizes at any moment.

Changes
-Made the connection timeout for the random level option longer, so it should fail less often.

Fixed Bugs
-Crash Lifts that start vertically sometimes mess up when playing an online level.
-Crash Lifts can get stuck on edges after Time Slow is used.
-Off-screen Crash Lifts sometimes go off their rails.
-Press is not affected by Flash Stopper.
-Press is not affected by Time Slow while moving up.
-Time Man can destroy non-Time Slow blocks when said block belongs to your currently equipped weapon.
-Your level card shows a very large negative number for your average score if you have no levels.
Created this game, I guess.

Lord Ventor
Discord: 6509

Re: Version 1.2.2

Post by Lord Ventor » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Yeah, yeah, the game doesn't break as much now when we use a neat gimmick,
BUT WE HAVE NEW VICTORY POSES?? :o :D
  • Sewer Crisis: 173728

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:54 pm

New victory poses should have been with v1.2.0 but neat update though! Thanks. :D
Wanna go for a ride?

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 am

Lord Ventor wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 pm
Sigh... wrong priorities this time. Currently I'm in a love-hate relationship with Mega Man Maker... I want to love it. It's amazing. Lots of tiles, lots of enemies, lots of weapons, great music from several games, many great gimmick that you can use together to create unique challenges. Now you can even make Metroid style levels thanks to the keys and weapon capsules. But I just started to make my level with huge enthusiasm. I always wanted to create a Metroid style level and I always had to do some tricks for that. Now, it's possible the legit way.

But then when I finished a room with crash lifts and elecbeams, I ran into two glitches. Still the global(?) timer is off, beams got desynced, the lifts just simply disappeared after reentering the room. And there are many more glitches, performance issues, etc... It still feels like an early beta or alpha and that makes me sad and disappointed, because Mega Man Maker is such a wonderful tool and a joy to build levels. But just started to feel like... disinterested. In a way that I follow the updates, I try them out, but I didn't make any levels since months, waiting for the update that will make possible to achieve what I want to. A fun Metroid style level, a really long one, a fun one. Not so hard, but something like an adventure. Exploration. It's actually possible now! But... no, not really. I got frustrated!

I love Mega Man Maker! I hate Mega Man Maker... I wish I could help the developers in coding and stuff... Sadly, many things should be rewritten from scratch including the collision code, object (de)activation, level storage format, etc...

It's still very broken...

darkhog

Post by darkhog » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Had to download it manually, since autoupdater in 1.1.3 didn't kick in and I don't play MM all the time, especially now that Jazz Jackrabbit is on GoG, but I think this is amazing. Also I think that they should keep adding neat stuff like victory poses as long as neat stuff doesn't overshadow bug fixes. Thing is, some bugs are harder to fix than others (speaking from experience), so it's good to have a list of easy to implement and not likely to go wrong features to calm people over while wrestling with these harder bugs.
Mah Levalz: 8083 | 53656 | 175944

Protomen are red
Megamen are blue
Bass is so weak
And Wily is too

ironhide1975

Post by ironhide1975 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Two Bugs I Found in the Editor
1) Loading a new level from within the editor my background was changed to the previous level's background.
2) Loading a prior level all my NOTHINGS in the weapon selector were changed to Silver Tomahawks

Actually looks like every time I load a prior level all my weapons are either messed up or wrong/missing. Please check this out guys.

ironhide1975

Post by ironhide1975 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Wow this really random.. sometimes I'll load a level and the weapons are fine. Other times nothing...

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Joe wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 am
Lord Ventor wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 pm
Sigh... wrong priorities this time. Currently I'm in a love-hate relationship with Mega Man Maker... I want to love it. It's amazing. Lots of tiles, lots of enemies, lots of weapons, great music from several games, many great gimmick that you can use together to create unique challenges. Now you can even make Metroid style levels thanks to the keys and weapon capsules. But I just started to make my level with huge enthusiasm. I always wanted to create a Metroid style level and I always had to do some tricks for that. Now, it's possible the legit way.

But then when I finished a room with crash lifts and elecbeams, I ran into two glitches. Still the global(?) timer is off, beams got desynced, the lifts just simply disappeared after reentering the room. And there are many more glitches, performance issues, etc... It still feels like an early beta or alpha and that makes me sad and disappointed, because Mega Man Maker is such a wonderful tool and a joy to build levels. But just started to feel like... disinterested. In a way that I follow the updates, I try them out, but I didn't make any levels since months, waiting for the update that will make possible to achieve what I want to. A fun Metroid style level, a really long one, a fun one. Not so hard, but something like an adventure. Exploration. It's actually possible now! But... no, not really. I got frustrated!

I love Mega Man Maker! I hate Mega Man Maker... I wish I could help the developers in coding and stuff... Sadly, many things should be rewritten from scratch including the collision code, object (de)activation, level storage format, etc...

It's still very broken...
After reading this person's post, I have no choice but to agree with him. The main priority (aside from fixing bugs) now that Metroidvania levels are possible is to find a way to mitigate the slowdown that big levels have, which I can only guess is a memory management thing that needs to be optimized.

As for me, I've just finished building THE BIGGEST Megaman Maker level to date! A metroidvania with about 160 screens of content! (about only 16% of the potential maximum size of a Megaman Maker level, I might add). It has as much slowdown as you expect.

Since we have a map grid of 50x20 screens (for an overwhelming grand total of 1000 screens!), WreckingPrograms should have expected someone crazy enough would pop up in the forum someday and make a huge level. I'm still going to upload my newest behemoth of a level, hoping that it will play better in future updates.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:17 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:00 pm
As for me, I've just finished building THE BIGGEST Megaman Maker level to date! A metroidvania with about 160 screens of content! (about only 16% of the potential maximum size of a Megaman Maker level, I might add). It has as much slowdown as you expect.

Since we have a map grid of 50x20 screens (for an overwhelming grand total of 1000 screens!), WreckingPrograms should have expected someone crazy enough would pop up in the forum someday and make a huge level. I'm still going to upload my newest behemoth of a level, hoping that it will play better in future updates.
Large levels where built long before Metroidvania levels where a thing, trust me, I've played some of them.
Think there is roughly 250+ screens in this level.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:17 am
Large levels where built long before Metroidvania levels where a thing, trust me, I've played some of them.
Think there is roughly 250+ screens in this level.
Well, I'm stunned :shock: ...And considering how much my 160-screen level lags, I can't even imagine how taxing it must be for the engine to play THAT!
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!