WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.6.0

Post by WreckingPrograms » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Version 1.6 is finally released!

Download + changelog: https://megamanmaker.com/
Mirror: https://www.mediafire.com/file/b7ujrst4 ... 0.zip/file

Of course, you can also auto-update if you've already downloaded an earlier version.

Changelog:
New Features
-You can now build levels with other people online!
- Build with up to 8 players at once
- Create and search rooms on our server using the Server Lobby, or create your own server using Direct IP
- Secure your rooms with a password
- Allow players to edit your level, or only view and play it
-New bosses:
- Sheep Man
- Pump Man
- Blast Man
- Bounce Man
-New enemies:
- Cargou Q
- Kaona Geeno
- Pointan
- Sola 0
- Oshitsu Osarettsu
- Numetall
- Merserker
- Bari III head + body
- Mecha Pitchan
- Searchy
- Electro Guard
- Electriri + spawners
- Pipetto
- Anti-Eddie
- Air Stone/Fire/Nut
- Mash Burner
- Crunch Don
-New weapons:
- Thunder Wool
- Commando Bomb
- Water Shield
- Wheel Cutter
- Mirror Buster
- Screw Crusher
- Ballade Cracker
- Bounce Ball
- Pile Driver
- Scramble Thunder
-New gimmicks:
- 2x1 Weapon Barrier
- Horizontal Key Door
- Moving Cog
- Sheep Block and Spike
- Ice Block
- Moving Elevator
- Moving Elevator Vertical Stop Line
- Spinning Wheel
- Chemical Solution
- Fire Wall
-Added many tiles and backgrounds from several Mega Man games, including 10 and 11.
-Added new ladders, spikes, plates and water variations.
-Added new music from Mega Man 10 and Mega Man 11, as well as Duo's theme from Mega Man 8.
-Added three additional editor themes to choose from.
-Added a recents selection wheel similar to the favorites selection wheel. Activate this with Shift + Tab.
-In the editor, when hovering over an icon in the orange menu, a short description of this icon is shown.
-Added two new skins for the Conveyor Belt.
-Added profile icons for the robot masters of Mega Man 10 and Mega Man 11, as well as Mega Man's mugshot from Mega Man 11.
-Metal Man now has an option to allow for periodic flipping of the conveyor belt directions during his boss fight.
-Added the two winning levels from the Mega Man Maker Level Creation Contest 2019 as example levels: Climate Man by King WoWoWood and Wily Public Works by ilysm.
-Added three additional example levels: Blast Man's Hot Cave, Green Heaven and Wind City by AwaggKing and Ride it Right and Icy Parkour by Meka.
-Added the example level Developer Challenges by Goldstorm, AwaggKing, TimeLink, LF222, Elevenstorms, snoruntpyro, NMario84, Meka, Mors and Luigi1000 - made using multiplayer editing!

Changes
-Improved the visuals and stability of the auto-updater. Keep in mind that this does not apply when updating to 1.6 from a previous version.
-Updated Yamato BG 3 Alt's asset icon to match Yamato BG 3's.
-Updated the Obligatory Boss Rush level with the new Robot Masters.

Fixed Bugs
-Rain Flush cannot destroy destructible enemy projectiles.
-Attempting to grab a ladder that has an Astro Gate on top of it can make you clip.
-When clearing a level on a horizontally connected screen, rain visuals sometimes disappear.
-When spawning a Mega Ball inside a solid moving platform, it sometimes spawns on the other side of it.
-Concrete Man sometimes falls through jumpthrough platforms, like ladders or Footholders.
-Certain weapons, like Mega Buster and Mega Ball, can slightly overflow their ammo count when using an M-Tank under specific circumstances.
-During a screen transition, water under ceilings reveals its top layer.
-Improved stability of boss weapon drops.
-Flame Man's sprite for standing and first frame of shooting has some missing pixels for his hand.
-Changing the direction of a conveyor belt in-editor has a slight delay before the other conveyor pieces are affected. This can have weird side effects.
-The hashtag sign in a Wily Challenge game over message is incorrect.
-Destroying a Dust Block or Pole Egg below water, with a solid, non-tile object below it, will cause the water to stop flowing through this object.
-If Bass fires his buster during Treble Boost, his back flames don't animate.
-Spring Man can be magnetized before his fight starts.
-Jewel Satellite projectiles which are outright destroyed do not have explosion effects to show that.
-Jewel Satellite does not apply the right speed to a reflected hammer by Hammer Joe when reflected up close.
-Concrete Shot does not turn into a block when touching a jump through platform.
-Water sometimes doesn't tile correctly when a section becomes used or unused, or when its connection type is changed.
-Boss doors connecting vertical sections will stay locked if you fight another boss earlier on in the stage and have a boss suppressor on the screen where the vertical section goes to.
-Clicking OK on certain message boxes in the editor will immediately place your selected asset.
-Wood Man's falling leaves do not get removed when he is defeated.
-Metal Man will still take extra damage from Metal Blade if it is selected as a weakness, but that weakness is disabled.
-Ring Man will not throw his 2nd ring while jumping when using time slow.
-Ring Man gets stuck on springs not being able to do anything.
-Mega Man using the Jet Adapter gets stuck flying up when hit by Concrete Man's Concrete Shot.
-Mid-Bosses use wrong explosion effect when killed by Hornet Chaser.
-Water columns mysteriously breaks when Dust Blocks are destroyed with an Astro Button under them.
-Fighting Hard Man or Grenade Man at the very top of the level can crash the game.
-Blocky will phase into ground when they walk into a formed concrete block.
-Wily Challenge should now be less likely to hang upon a failed connection.
-Hammer Joe's projectile's animation is not affected by Flash Stopper or Time Slow.
-Rush Coil and Treble can get stuck in ceilings under specific circumstances.
-During Astro Man's intro, if you scroll him off-screen by falling down far enough, the game may softlock.
Created this game, I guess.

Blast Man
Discord: Play Dash#9888

Re: Version 1.6.0

Post by Blast Man » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gamer/Pixel Artist a.k.a Play Dash (yes, that's 12 year-old me's account here before i done a dumb thing, wow i was a dummy back then) | Twitch: Play_Dash

Mega Man Maker X mod thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8816

DAS

Post by DAS » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:58 pm

1.5 was a huge update, and this looks to be even bigger.
I do things.

SSBU Jigglypuff player for Lucky7
I also play Splatoon 2 competitively now

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:05 pm

WreckingPrograms wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:40 pm
New Features
-You can now build levels with other people online!
- Build with up to 8 players at once
- Create and search rooms on our server using the Server Lobby, or create your own server using Direct IP
- Secure your rooms with a password
- Allow players to edit your level, or only view and play it
Um...Mr. WreckingPrograms? I think you forgot THE MID-LEVEL MUSIC CHANGER!?

Building my level with other people online so that they can troll me and ruin my ideas? No thanks. I'm sorry, but I believe such feature to be unnecessary.

On the other hand, I'm glad to have Sheep Man and Pump Man. :) Not exactly the bosses I wanted the most, but I still welcome them as good alternatives over Spark Man and Bubble Man. And while I didn't exactly need Bounce Man, I'm okay with his addition because of his unique theme.

As for weapons, THANK YOU for Thunder Wool and Scramble Thunder! :D Now I can shut up about requesting more electric weapons for a while, and I appreciate the inclusion of Water Shield. :)

The 2x1 weapon barrier and horizontal key door are great to finally have, but I don't understand why it took you guys so long to add them. :|

And... That's all I have to say. I was waiting on this update so that I can have my levels change music mid-gameplay when the player enters a thematically-different area, but it seems you've never played a metroidvania level before... :( Instead I got "online play with friends because social gaming is awesome and we laugh making mistakes together"...

*sigh* I should just have released my levels on 1.5 instead of waiting for the update. I'm sorry, but I won't squeeze much out of this one... :(

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:45 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:05 pm
The 2x1 weapon barrier and horizontal key door are great to finally have, but I don't understand why it took you guys so long to add them. :|
What we need now is vertical Weapon Capsules, Character Capsules, and Weapon Removers. :lol:

ZepperFang

Post by ZepperFang » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:48 am

Uh, new stuff to explore... focused on MM10 and 11... ok.
Honestly, I was more satisfied with 1.5 release than with 1.6. I don't know, it still misses a couple of features (already reported by users) and... well... :?

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:52 am

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:45 am
LeonardMan wrote:
What we need now is vertical Weapon Capsules, Character Capsules, and Weapon Removers. :lol:
You talk as if I just said something stupid :| What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you never need to make a door horizontal because your character had to travel a section vertically? Why do you treat my comment as a fucking joke?

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:48 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:52 am
Royalguard wrote:
LeonardMan wrote:
You talk as if I just said something stupid :| What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you never need to make a door horizontal because your character had to travel a section vertically? Why do you treat my comment as a fucking joke?
My comment was implying that its humorous that the MMM developers forgot to add in vertical Capsule variants when adding in the horizontal Door and Barrier variants. I actually really want vertical variants of the various Capsules. I wasn't trying to offend you in any way.

Nickelasse

Post by Nickelasse » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:52 am

Awesome! It will be interesting to play around with the new tiles, just gotta get home from my shift! :)

Also: I just want to spread some more positivity and say the mega man maker staff is doing an outstanding job adding so much cool stuff in each patch, sacrificing a lot of your own free time for our entertainment. This seem to escape some people...

Anyways. Im excited to try out the new version.

Building easier levels made me realize how difficult it is to keep a stage "light" yet interesting at the same time. It is a fun challenge projected to the creator rather than to the player. ;)

Pika Luigi

Post by Pika Luigi » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:40 am

I like the idea of editing a level with another person or two :D And though eight people working at the same time might get a bit chaotic, larger level projects could be finished much quicker and have many different user styles contained in a single level. :)

Thank you for the update as always, and I look forward to working with the new assets. (And perhaps actually finishing one of my projects :lol: )
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:48 am
LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:52 am
Royalguard wrote:
My comment was implying that its humorous that the MMM developers forgot to add in vertical Capsule variants when adding in the horizontal Door and Barrier variants. I actually really want vertical variants of the various Capsules. I wasn't trying to offend you in any way.
Oh... :( My apologies.

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Hell yeah! :D
This is pretty awesome, I can't wait to mess with all the new stuff!
And yet... Work beckons. :cry:
But soon...
SOON...

Luigi

Post by Luigi » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:38 pm

I am glad you guys will enjoy what 1.6 has to offer despite for some people not getting exactly what they wanted. We do have a long and specific talk when deciding features like this and I hope for those waiting for a specific feature that they can wait a bit until it is time for it.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:50 pm

Luigi wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:38 pm
We do have a long and specific talk when deciding features like this and I hope for those waiting for a specific feature that they can wait a bit until it is time for it.
Maybe I'm just being ignorant and asking for something that is harder to pull off than it seems? A block that swaps the music while the level is playing with another song from Mega Man Maker's list (no custom songs) sounds simple from my viewpoint as a player, but I ignore how the engine handles it...

memelord69

Post by memelord69 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:53 pm

MM10 endless BG 9 and 13 are throwbacks to MMBN4 lol that hit my nostalgia hard
Triple Weapon Troubles 396416
Assault on the Citadel 391765
Disastrous Factory 391968
Fighting Infernal Flames 392650
Magic Bouncing Ball 307148
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 257962
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:30 pm

Chill BG 3 states: "There's not a lot of ice here. Reminds me of a certain Mutos' first stage."

Are they referring to Blizzack Staggroff from Zero 1?

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Friend Code: SW-0335-5373-4233

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 pm

I'm actually really surprised that MM11 Chain Blast didn't make it into the weapon roster. I thought for sure it was a shoo-in at the Blast Man announcement because it's practically already in the game. 😐