Version 1.7.4.1

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Discord: Wecking#2152

Version 1.7.4.1

Post by WreckingPrograms » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:11 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.7.4.1 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Error 500 = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Error 400 = Your profile.ini and user account data don't match, delete profile.ini and try to create the account or log in
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappears at the other side and now it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it.
>Error -70 while uploading = DM Goldstorm details on how you are connecting to the internet and other data about your PC
> HTTPControl error = restart your MMM client and re-attempt the download. This is likely due to a connection issue.
> "Cannot load buffer file at gml_Script_GME_LoadSong" error = Often, simply restarting your computer and trying again solves the issue. Other times, waiting about a day and trying again works. There is unfortunately no reliable fix.
> "Data structure with index does not exist" error = do the following. Go to %localappdata%/MegaMaker/Settings and delete the files BeatenLevels.sav, PlayedLevels.sav and VotedLevels.sav. Restart the game and it shouldn't crash anymore. Keep in mind that this means the game forgets what levels you have played, beaten or voted on.
Created this game, I guess.

AceStar

Re: Version 1.7.4.1

Post by AceStar » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:10 pm

Splash Woman still has odd interactions with Centaur Flash. Her sprite freezes as it should but she attempts to keep moving even against walls. This does not affect her out of water, does not effect Bubble Man, and Time Slow/Time Stopper/Flash Stopper don't trigger this glitch.
You're gonna have a HARD time beatin' me!

AceStar

Post by AceStar » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:43 am

Probably more an oddity than a glitch, you can stun-lock Quick Man if you set Jewel Satellite as an immunity. This is likely due to Jewel Satellite's 'internal hitbox' being slightly larger than the weapon's damaging/contact hitbox, I guess? There's only a tiny area (like, pixel perfect) where you can do this, so I wouldn't consider it major.

AceStar

Post by AceStar » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Needle Press loses its hitbox during Time/Flash Stopper.

AceStar

Post by AceStar » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:38 pm

If an Anko is defeated by Spark Shock, the death explosions all group up in the centre. This is a very minor bug but I'm just compiling bugs I've discovered while played.

UBERMAN2014

Post by UBERMAN2014 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:07 am

While I was testing out my level, I noticed the music stopped as soon as I entered a miniboss area. The catch though is that I didn't even place a music changer in that screen. Is that even a bug?

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:57 pm

These bugs I found previously and reported are still present (just tested) in this version.

Question: Should I not mention these if I have previously reported them in a different version?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discovered several RM weapons pass through the reflective weapon blocks.

Here are the ones I discovered.

Magnet Beam also passes through reflective weapon blocks.

Laser Trident
Solar Blaze
Black Hole Bomb
Thunder Claw
Flame Sword
Star Crash
Ring Boomerang
Leaf Shield

Hyper Bomb still interacts with MM10 Chill blocks incorrectly. Hit detection will pass through one chill block and damage another behind it.

MM10 Pointan will go through screens if the player spawns nearby. Even if the screens are disconnected.

AceStar

Post by AceStar » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:45 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:57 pm
Laser Trident
Solar Blaze
Black Hole Bomb
Thunder Claw
Flame Sword
Star Crash
Ring Boomerang
Leaf Shield
Personally, I think most of these weapons should pass through reflecting blocks, given as they don't 'tink' off armoured enemies or immune bosses, they just pass through them. Leaf Shield and Star Crash are definitely weird though, that shouldn't happen.

LJ2007@

Post by LJ2007@ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:16 pm

This error that I am going to report, is serious (seriously)
It happens that in online mode when entering a level it is loaded, but it never finishes loading, so it is impossible to play it, it is not the weight of the level, it happens that in my last level "Frozen Caves" due to the great weight it had , this level to start took about 40 seconds to start, now it takes all the time (it never starts) Any level with any type of weight is unplayable since these are loaded an infinity of time.
It is not my computer, since this error did not happen before.
After a while away from MM, I think it's time to go back

Banan4302

Post by Banan4302 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:20 pm

I can't jump the Tango on ice!

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:18 pm

AceStar wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:45 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:57 pm
Laser Trident
Solar Blaze
Black Hole Bomb
Thunder Claw
Flame Sword
Star Crash
Ring Boomerang
Leaf Shield
Personally, I think most of these weapons should pass through reflecting blocks, given as they don't 'tink' off armoured enemies or immune bosses, they just pass through them. Leaf Shield and Star Crash are definitely weird though, that shouldn't happen.
Defeats the purpose of the blocks allowing weapons through them.

The reflective blocks are meant for map creators to prevent players from cheesing levels by limiting weapon usage in certain screens/areas without having to strip players of those weapons.

All other tiles can allow those weapons through like they always do... If we want those weapons going through just use the regular tiles... Why even bother having reflective blocks if they don't reflect? It's the whole point of reflective blocks. 😐 This bug ruins certain levels in that the blocks were incorporated into level design and thus making some levels super cheese-able because the blocks do not work on all weapons.

Blueroseman

Post by Blueroseman » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 pm

Before this version, there was no more problems regarding Splash Woman's platform behaviours, but now it returned affecting even the crash lifts.

This is somehow especific, if you do the experiment in the gif above, put the vertical Punch Blocks with the same number(1-1) or one number in difference(2-1) you get the result in the left, anything else results in the Push Block not reaching the Jumpthrough Platform.

Gage

Post by Gage » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:52 pm

The game crashes when you make edits to a boss in online editor.

AceStar

Post by AceStar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:24 am

Crunch Don, a generally glitchy enemy, doesn't react correctly with some weapons. Dive Missile, Crash Bomber, Drill Bomb, and Ballade Cracker don't explode on contact, Dust Crusher doesn't split into 4 pieces on contact, and Hard Knuckle doesn't bounce off on contact. Hyper Bomb, Danger Wrap, Flash Bomb, and Napalm Bomb act as normal.
EDIT: Tornado Hold doesn't drop and open up on contact as well.
Fire Mets have janky reactions with Water Wave and Oil, but I can see why this happens and it's more just an odd mix.