Version 1.7.5

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.7.5

Post by WreckingPrograms » Fri May 21, 2021 9:27 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.7.5 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Error 500 = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Error 400 = Your profile.ini and user account data don't match, delete profile.ini and try to create the account or log in
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappears at the other side and now it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it.
>Error -70 while uploading = DM Goldstorm details on how you are connecting to the internet and other data about your PC
> HTTPControl error = restart your MMM client and re-attempt the download. This is likely due to a connection issue.
> "Cannot load buffer file at gml_Script_GME_LoadSong" error = Often, simply restarting your computer and trying again solves the issue. Other times, waiting about a day and trying again works. There is unfortunately no reliable fix.
> "Data structure with index does not exist" error = do the following. Go to %localappdata%/MegaMaker/Settings and delete the files BeatenLevels.sav, PlayedLevels.sav and VotedLevels.sav. Restart the game and it shouldn't crash anymore. Keep in mind that this means the game forgets what levels you have played, beaten or voted on.
Created this game, I guess.

AntiPiracyScreensAreStupid

Re: Version 1.7.5

Post by AntiPiracyScreensAreStupid » Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 am

The land sound still does not play all the time
Why is it called an oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food.

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:25 pm

You apparently die from standing on the elevator downwards landing on flat ground safely.
Just a few buds hangin' out

Hyenyaku
Discord: [T]ornado[H]yenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Wed May 26, 2021 2:52 pm

Astro Switches won't activate if Mega fall onto them from some certain heights.
THE MAD KAIZO LAND: #284657
ITEM-2 FUN KAIZO LAND: #289079
THE BLOODY BRUTAL KAIZO LAND: #297986
THE STORMY ACROBATIC KAIZO LAND: #308951
ASSASSIN CLIMBING KAIZO LAND: #350285
PRIMROSE SWAP KAIZO LAND: #368272
MAXIMUM IMPACT KAIZO LAND: #383036

Number46853

Can't post a level

Post by Number46853 » Sat May 29, 2021 1:02 am

From what I remember, this seems to be for multiple versions, but whenever I try to upload a level, it shows an error saying "this user does not exist. please try again," yet I put in an email and password, and even the icon. Anyone know how to help with this?
YOU DO NOT KILL CLOWN MAN, CLOWN MAN KILLS YOU!

DestroyerOfDestruction

Re: Can't post a level

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sat May 29, 2021 3:33 am

Number46853 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 1:02 am
From what I remember, this seems to be for multiple versions, but whenever I try to upload a level, it shows an error saying "this user does not exist. please try again," yet I put in an email and password, and even the icon. Anyone know how to help with this?
Log out and in
Former moderator and beta tester

Invintic

Moving Megaman to the edge of the editor map crashes the editor

Post by Invintic » Sat May 29, 2021 7:53 pm

Sorry if this has been found before, I'm new to the game and found this recently.

I was making a new level in the editor. I ended up moving Megaman to the edge of the editor map, which resulted in this error:

of Alarm Event for alarm 10
for object objBuilderPlacedObject:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [-16] out of range [12801] - -5.placedSomething(100013,-16)
at gml_Object_objBuilderPlacedObject_Alarm_10
############################################################################################
gml_Object_objBuilderPlacedObject_Alarm_10 (line -1)

I've done some further testing and found that this works with every character, and that it happens when Megaman is currently on the top or left edge, and moved along it. (I may be wrong, but I imagine it has something to do with Megaman's position being moved somewhere that is considered invalid or out of bounds)

Again, sorry if this is known already!

Number46853

Re: Can't post a level

Post by Number46853 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:21 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:33 am
Number46853 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 1:02 am
Log out and in
That worked, thank you.
YOU DO NOT KILL CLOWN MAN, CLOWN MAN KILLS YOU!

Chirin_Chironup

Post by Chirin_Chironup » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:00 pm

Bug on AMD graphics cards:

I'm pretty sure it's my graphics card, at least. Mega Man Maker seems to be running in slow motion.

Like, it's not lagging or anything, it's running at a solid FPS, it's just that everything moves twice as slow.

I think the game is running at half the intended FPS for me.

AceStar

Post by AceStar » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:03 pm

Even with the Magnetic Ceiling, the magnetic balls still loom over us!
Centaur Flash, Time Stopper, and Flash Stopper turn Bouncy Balls into Magnetic Ceilings if you hold jump. This doesn't work with Time Slow, however.
EDIT: Also, more a nitpick, but Rain Flush/Water Shield should be able to extinguish Flame Pillars akin to the other water weapons imo
You're gonna have a HARD time beatin' me!