Version 1.6.3

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.6.3

Post by WreckingPrograms » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:15 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.6.3 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Error 500 = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Error 400 = Your profile.ini and user account data don't match, delete profile.ini and try to create the account or log in
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappears at the other side and now it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it.
>Error -70 while uploading = DM Goldstorm details on how you are connecting to the internet and other data about your PC
> HTTPControl error = restart your MMM client and re-attempt the download. This is likely due to a connection issue.
> "Cannot load buffer file at gml_Script_GME_LoadSong" error = Often, simply restarting your computer and trying again solves the issue. Other times, waiting about a day and trying again works. There is unfortunately no reliable fix.
> "Data structure with index does not exist" error = do the following. Go to %localappdata%/MegaMaker/Settings and delete the files BeatenLevels.sav, PlayedLevels.sav and VotedLevels.sav. Restart the game and it shouldn't crash anymore. Keep in mind that this means the game forgets what levels you have played, beaten or voted on.
Created this game, I guess.

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Re: Version 1.6.3

Post by supersmashgaming » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:18 pm

In the Wily Challenge, where collect 1-ups on top of each other it doesn't register and add it to the count. My health refill, it just doesn't add the 1-ups.
Find all keys REMAKE Original By: Bily195 ID: 232686
Mega Man NETA 1-2 ID: 306709
Banzai Woman

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm

supersmashgaming wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:18 pm
In the Wily Challenge, where collect 1-ups on top of each other it doesn't register and add it to the count. My health refill, it just doesn't add the 1-ups.
Where you already at your lives limit? If I recall correctly you can gain any lives higher than your starting amount.

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm
supersmashgaming wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:18 pm
Where you already at your lives limit? If I recall correctly you can gain any lives higher than your starting amount.
No. I was playing Long-Normal which has a limit of 50 lives if I remember. I, at that point in time, was at 44 lives.
Find all keys REMAKE Original By: Bily195 ID: 232686
Mega Man NETA 1-2 ID: 306709
Banzai Woman

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:32 am

Ladders do not interact very well with sand:

First, I land on the second tile down. This is partly because of the screen transition, as without sand, I will end up placed similarly, but none of the ladder would be solid at that time.
The rest is, I assume, because the sand dropping me as if there were no ladder tile present there.

At the top of the ladder, I'm trying to climb down, but it doesn't go anywhere, I just get stuck.
I then jump up to land on the top of the ladder, which can be done just fine, but I didn't wait long enough to see it in the gif.
I try climbing down again, to no avail.

Strangely, I am actually able to slide on the ladder using down+jump (possibly because I am counted as being in the sand, which you can slide in), which seems to clip me through the solid a little.
After a couple tries, I'm free!

At the bottom , I can climb down off of a ladder into the sand just fine, but trying to climb up when I'm in the sand...
Well, Mega is struggling, and it's honestly kind of morbid. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not sure if this technically qualifies as a "bug", but there it is.
This has probably been in as long as sand has been a thing, so forgive me if this is old news.
My guess is that these interactions are not intended to play out this way, though.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 pm

I'm bumping this glitch again because as I recall I've reported it since 1.4
Stacking 2 X-Boxes and let them fall from the height of 7 blocks will create a weird collision effect if Mega Man stand on them.
THE MAD KAIZO LAND: #284657
ITEM-2 FUN KAIZO LAND: #289079
THE BLOODY BRUTAL KAIZO LAND: #297986
THE STORMY ACROBATIC KAIZO LAND: #308951
ASSASSIN CLIMBING KAIZO LAND: #350285
PRIMROSE SWAP KAIZO LAND: #368272
MAXIMUM IMPACT KAIZO LAND: #383036

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:34 pm

The following oddities happen with Crunch Don and weapons:
  • Direct hits with Hyper Bomb kill it instantly despite normally dealing 4 damage.
  • Point-blank Fire Storm and Thunder Beam shots also do this (actual damage is 8 units altogether).
  • You cannot pass through it while on Oil Slider's board, despite it not using projectile attacks.
  • If a single Air Shooter hits it, it will do 3 damage, whereas hitting 2 or 3 at once will make them do 2 damage each.
  • Atomic Fire does more damage for all its charge states (4, 5, and 10, respectively). Also, touching the hammer with an attached full charge will not remove it, while also doing no damage.
  • Needle Cannon cannot stick to the hammer.
  • Bouncing on it with Top Spin "destroys" the hammer, and can be walked into safely.
  • Hard Knuckle does not bounce if it touches the hammer. It also deals 5 damage.
  • Damage done with Flash Stopper to it while time is stopped will only register once time unfreezes.
Some of these may be intentional, but idk. There's also more, but this post is getting too long.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:48 pm

D-Man wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:34 pm
The following oddities happen with Crunch Don and weapons:
  • Direct hits with Hyper Bomb kill it instantly despite normally dealing 4 damage.
  • Point-blank Fire Storm and Thunder Beam shots also do this (actual damage is 8 units altogether).
  • You cannot pass through it while on Oil Slider's board, despite it not using projectile attacks.
  • If a single Air Shooter hits it, it will do 3 damage, whereas hitting 2 or 3 at once will make them do 2 damage each.
  • Atomic Fire does more damage for all its charge states (4, 5, and 10, respectively). Also, touching the hammer with an attached full charge will not remove it, while also doing no damage.
  • Needle Cannon cannot stick to the hammer.
  • Bouncing on it with Top Spin "destroys" the hammer, and can be walked into safely.
  • Hard Knuckle does not bounce if it touches the hammer. It also deals 5 damage.
  • Damage done with Flash Stopper to it while time is stopped will only register once time unfreezes.
Some of these may be intentional, but idk. There's also more, but this post is getting too long.
Crunch Don seems pretty broken in general.

Apparently the edge of Crunch Don's arm has a hitbox that instantly destroys Ice Blocks placed too close. Someone should probably fix that.

Joe7

Post by Joe7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 am

Thunder wool dosent stun fire met despensers like its supposed to. And the weird thing is I think it did at one point, and stopped working after one of the following updates.

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:24 am

- Got this when I attempted to check my profile and see how my levels were faring. After I restarted the game, it says my profile is null. All my levels are gone. What the hell happened? please help!!!

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:28 am

- Okay...... they are inexplicably back all of a sudden..... crazy bugs..... they should all be exterminated! :evil:

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:24 am
- Got this when I attempted to check my profile and see how my levels were faring. After I restarted the game, it says my profile is null. All my levels are gone. What the hell happened? please help!!!

It was a connection issue. Restarting the game should work. It actually is one of the bugs not to report.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 am

- Sorry.... I actually looked at that 'after' I posted and noticed how stupid I was :oops: . Yeah, won't happen again. :|

Filibuster22

Post by Filibuster22 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:32 am

Not sure if it has alread been reported but Bounce Man got stuck in a cracked block for good after doing his butt slam move and was only able to release himself with the super move.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm

More weird interactions with Crunch Don:
  • Ring Boomerang sometimes deals 4 damage per hit against it.
  • Dive Missile does not explode when touching the hammer, and does 1 damage. If it hits the face, it deals 4 damage.
  • All shield weapons cannot damage the hammer except Jewel Satellite. When used against it, it will remove each jewel individually and deal 4 damage for each of them.
  • Rain Flush instantly kills it.
  • Drill Bomb does not explode upon touching the hammer. If it hits the face, it will explode normally, but deal 8 damage altogether.
  • Fully charged Pharaoh Shots do 3 damage instead of 4. If the charge is still above the player's head, it will deal 1 damage.
  • Water Wave will pass through the hammer if it's the ground traveling wave.
  • Charge Kick can "destroy" the hammer just like Top Spin.
  • Wind Storm cannot pass through it, and can deal double damage if the winds are fired rapidly together.
  • Charged Wild Coils will deal 1-2 damage if they touch the hammer.
  • An uncharged Noise Crush hits multiple times, dealing a total of 10 damage if it touches the hammer. A charged Noise Crush will instantly kill if it does the same.
  • Danger Wrap does double damage upon contacting the hammer.
To be continued...

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:40 pm

The fixing of Pile Driver's collision with wall has potentially made some uploaded level unbeatable.
While PD from 1.6 to 1.6.2 could plug and explode deeply inside the wall if Mega stand next to it, 1.6.3 Mega will be repelled.
Breakable objects that stay at a 2-block deep position inside the wall have become untouchable.

I'll give a level as the example of becoming unbeatable. This one: #381421
Look at 3:27 in the following video. The final boss battle of this level has now become a softlock with the new collision handling of PD.
THE MAD KAIZO LAND: #284657
ITEM-2 FUN KAIZO LAND: #289079
THE BLOODY BRUTAL KAIZO LAND: #297986
THE STORMY ACROBATIC KAIZO LAND: #308951
ASSASSIN CLIMBING KAIZO LAND: #350285
PRIMROSE SWAP KAIZO LAND: #368272
MAXIMUM IMPACT KAIZO LAND: #383036

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:03 am

Hopefully the Crunch Don Bug Series Finale:
  • A kicked Mega Ball will do the same amount of damage as an unkicked one to the hammer.
  • Tornado Hold's propeller will disappear on contact with the hammer, even after it's activated.
  • Flash Bomb will only strike once when it touches the hammer.
  • Thunder Claw does double damage to the face, and instantly kills when hitting the hammer.
  • Flame Sword can only hit once against the hammer. You can get 4 hits in on the face.
  • Laser Trident does double damage.
  • Charged Magma Bazooka shots deal less damage on the hammer, even if all three connect.
  • Commando Bomb's explosion hits more than twice, resulting in an instant-kill.
  • Ballade Cracker does not explode on contact.
  • Bounce Ball does not rebound off of Crunch Don. Hitting all three shots at once will deal a total of 5-6 damage.
  • Scramble Thunder's electric field does not form upon contact. It does double damage as well.
  • Contacting Crunch Don while using Nado will knock you out of it, even if the shoot button is being mashed.
  • Perfect Freeze shots will be erased when touching the hammer/arms.
  • All charge states of Power Adaptor's punches deal 2 damage.

quavosh1994

Post by quavosh1994 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:43 pm

There is one issue that extend not just to this version. I have 75hz monitor so its 25% more FPS than in regular 60hz. So... guess what, the game on that monitor runs 25% slower. If i switch to my old 60hz monitor everything is fine. So i just want to acknowledged this for devs and ask if someone knows an easy way to fix this. I am aware that this is gamemaker issue cuz its framerate is fixed with game speed.

PS. I am not sure if it counts as bug, but it happens in 1.6.3 an its apparently an issue, so my apologize if this reply is posted wrong.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:04 pm

Used Thunder Wool on Astro Man while he was attacking when he sticks his hands down and sends his circling orbs down, game crashed.

of Step EventobjThunderWoolThunder
for object prtEnemy:

Unable to find any instance for object index '275443' name '<undefined>'
at gml_Object_prtEnemy_Collision_cfdf9583_ef4a_42e5_9543_db9fabc2fdff
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_prtEnemy_Collision_cfdf9583_ef4a_42e5_9543_db9fabc2fdff (line -1)

Rexl

Post by Rexl » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:11 am

Tom Daddy td doesn't appear if you put it on the air, However it appears if you return.