Version 1.0.4

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.0.4

Post by WreckingPrograms » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.0.4 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappear at the other side and it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it
Created this game, I guess.

Diamond Wolf
Discord: Diamond_Miner33#9310

Re: Version 1.0.4

Post by Diamond Wolf » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:24 pm

I've seen less extreme variations with two levels at once, but this...

Each one has its own ID too. Removing all duplicates should in theory free up a good chunk of server space.

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

melchiore12

Post by melchiore12 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 pm

The laser countdown (which now has ticking sound before activated) seem bugged if the game triggering auto-pause (such as picking energy/ weapon) or even press pause (weapon select screen, etc).
the bug is resetting the countdown back to zero.
IE: laser A need 3 sec to activated, if during the 1st or 2nd ticking sound we press start/pause, or pickup energy/ weapon refill which cause autopause (except at full energy/ weapon). the ticking resetted, and count it down back from zero...
this bug isn't randomly trigerred.

i also found that sometimes the "instant death" laser need a few milisecond to exactly killing the blue bomber. causing megaman can still walk/ slide through the beam, instead immediately explode when touch the beam.
this bug is happens randomly.

hope this helps.. sorry, i don't have image/ video for this bug.

VanFanelMX

Post by VanFanelMX » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:08 am

Items clipping through walls AND transitions.

The pointer on the right is a small energy pellet that was there on the upper screen and fell through after killing an enemy and transitioning, the "extra live" in the second pointer just fell after an enemy was killed as well, this seems to affect mostly fixed power-ups (the ones we manually place in the level), this bug was present in 1.0.4 and still persists in 1.0.4.1.

Diamond Wolf

Post by Diamond Wolf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:13 am

@melchiore12 That seems to apply even if the beams are active - except that the old beams don't go away.

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

Diamond Wolf

Post by Diamond Wolf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:42 am

I try to update, AVG tells me that the updater may be dangerous, I tell AVG that I trust the updater, then I get an "Access denied" message, followed by MM closing. So much for automatic updates :/

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

faxolu

Pole egg bug

Post by faxolu » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 am

If you create a square using 3 tiles and 1 pole egg, all the tiles under the pole egg become glitched and you go right through them when you destroy the egg.

Fusioneko

Post by Fusioneko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYjRhzi ... e=youtu.be

This level is no longer possible in 1.0.4, as charge kick changes seems to affect it beyond just double jumping, not sure if this is intended. But it seriously was super cool to do, and wasn't really related to double jump? apparently it was? but it was the case scenerio- I've tried to jump then dash again, but the new changes make levels like these now incompleteable.

:( I loved this level too.

thatisjustgreat

Post by thatisjustgreat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:00 am

Egg placements appear to remove collision property of adjacent tiles under certain circumstances when destroyed. I have created a level that attempts to demonstrate when this happens. ID: 83723

lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 am

I think I may have found a bug.

If you place those tadpole eggs next to a wall or floor, the wall or floor that's next to the tadpole eggs are no longer solid. You can walk and fall through them. You can test it out in my level, Submerged Cavern: 76937

https://youtu.be/Ku52eDDm7xQ

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 am

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but countdown bomb platforms won't activate if you jump the exact frame you land on one.

Due to complications playing MMM on either of my devices, I will be less active than usual.

My silly suggestions:
Toggle: Robot Masters Obey/Ignore Gravity Gimmicks
Separate Weapon Blocks For Buster Variants
Playable Sniper Joe

Fusioneko

Post by Fusioneko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:31 am

Royalguard wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 am
Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but countdown bomb platforms won't activate if you jump the exact frame you land on one.

can confirm. I did this once in 1.0.3

Serkaidemor

Post by Serkaidemor » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:04 am

I have a question: Should bugs reported in other threads that were not fixed in this version be posted again?

I suggested this in another thread, but it would be nice if there was a thread listing aknowledged/WIP bugs so we know what not to report.

Diamond Wolf

Post by Diamond Wolf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:28 am

Notice the (not main) Buster energy.
The empty Buster is the same overcharged one.

Firing got rid of the excess energy with one shot. This amount of excess energy can vary - I fired one shot from a fully-charged Buster to get rid of the top bar, picked up a Big Energy, and this still happened.

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

KaedeLanyo

Post by KaedeLanyo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:56 am

Using Charge Kick, while entering a boss door which has a boss in the other side, and a conveyor belt at the entrance, then holding Jump, makes you moon jump.

Jack Rost

Post by Jack Rost » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 am

Funny, I start recording bug and find another one.

S.Snake weapon must always move down if there no block, but I see that's depend on S.Snake position near to corner which means that just skip corner because of the speed

This's really strange bug
Last edited by Jack Rost on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LuckyLeo

Post by LuckyLeo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 am

Hi, here the couple of bugs =)

-Collision calculation in 1.0.4 totally broken(gifs from 1.0.3|1.0.4)
ImageImage

-Oldschool sliding (down+jump) bugged, but it seems like feature ^^

-Stairs lock bug. Stairs at this position blocks klimbing down action, but you can use previous bug

Ann-PC

Post by Ann-PC » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello, i got a little Bug with Stoneman.

In the Level Collapsing Mine (84496) I use him to make the Screenshake and Bossmusic Play.
Somehow, however, he seems to keep breaking out of his Cage from time to time.
It is not very consistent, he gliches trought walls into the level on more than one point and i found no way to stop it.
It isn't happening in every playtrougth and is hard to pinpoint for me what exactly is going wrong...

Mega-zacsolo

Post by Mega-zacsolo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:42 pm

ladder floor clipping still possible

Minoru Leonardo

Post by Minoru Leonardo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:57 pm

There's a really weird thing that happens when you use the Crash Bomber:

For some reason the weapon makes the collision detection with the ground really wonky and weird as shown in the GIF.
Last edited by Minoru Leonardo on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  1. Mount Springs [ID: - WIP -]
  2. Flying Kick Falls [ID: 75358]
  3. Ambersand Fortress [ID: 178033]
  4. Kyanite Veins [ID: - WIP -]
  5. Magnes Trials [ID: 84169]
  6. Kairos Core [ID: - WIP -]
  7. Boreas Bluff [ID: - WIP -]
  8. Odyssey Ridge [ID: - WIP -]