Version 1.0.4

Report bugs and glitches you found
Pantha35

Re: Version 1.0.4

Post by Pantha35 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:16 am

Mogu94 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 pm
Rush Jet despawns if you pause and unpause...not exactly great for levels that require you to stay on Rush and soar from left to right over a bottomless pit.
I completely forgot about that, but yeah, I had a section I paused to walk away for a amount...came back and fell to my death.

Minoru Leonardo

Post by Minoru Leonardo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 am

metalman wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:20 pm
Minoru Leonardo wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:57 pm
There's a really weird thing that happens when you use the Crash Bomber:
For some reason the weapon makes the collision detection with the ground really wonky and weird as shown in the GIF.
Looks like it's related to Pole's egg instead of Crash Bomber:
faxolu wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 am
If you create a square using 3 tiles and 1 pole egg, all the tiles under the pole egg become glitched and you go right through them when you destroy the egg.
Here's a stage showing the pole bug (making the stage unwinnable on the conditions set due to this, unless the eggs aren't destroyed), alongside the bug of big enemies like Stone Man getting stuck in 1x1 spaces (lower path):

ID: 88279
Right, the Pole eggs seem to be the problem, not the Crash Bomber. I've noticed this on other levels with them as well.
  1. Mount Springs [ID: - WIP -]
  2. Flying Kick Falls [ID: 75358]
  3. Ambersand Fortress [ID: 178033]
  4. Kyanite Veins [ID: - WIP -]
  5. Magnes Trials [ID: 84169]
  6. Kairos Core [ID: - WIP -]
  7. Boreas Bluff [ID: - WIP -]
  8. Odyssey Ridge [ID: - WIP -]

VanFanelMX

Post by VanFanelMX » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:58 am

Mogu94 wrote:
Rush Jet despawns if you pause and unpause...not exactly great for levels that require you to stay on Rush and soar from left to right over a bottomless pit.
That's normal in-game behavior.

KyrosQF

Post by KyrosQF » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:49 am

Unlisted v1.0.4 "Timer Pausing"

Pausing the game resets the counting of timers such as lasers, explosive platforms, grey appearing blocks etc.

Video showing this sets all lasers in room 1 to 1. All lasers in the boss room set to 5.

https://youtu.be/5VImID2D0HY
Level ID: 89423 (Will delete after its fixed)

EliteTheEevee

Post by EliteTheEevee » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:36 pm

A minor yet annoying bug is that the game sometimes shifts the horizontal position of invisible blocks. It's strange because upon reloading the level it may or may not fix the issue.

Yoshiatom

Post by Yoshiatom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:29 pm

I recently made a level showcasing various bugs in mega maker (ID: 34550) and so far only one bug in it has been fixed. Here's a list of all the bugs I eccountered making it:

Stacks of MM5 Falling platforms can cause Mega Man to warp on top of them rather than not letting him pass. (platfroms in this game are rather buggy in general...)

Placing a conveyer belt right next to another screen with one block of space left messes up screen transitions; effects include the transistion not happening, being delayed and letting the player control Mega Man before the transistion is finished.

I feel like the MM5 cannons (the ones that hide in the ground) shouldn't be effect by conveyers and should remain static like screw bombers are. They can also fall of ledges, which just looks werid.

Falling off of Spinning Gyro Man platforms and landing on other platforms often causes you to fall through or get stuck in other platforms.

When platform holders are set to "move" on top of themselfs, they should stay fully still rather than slighty shaking back and forth.

Ladders can act odd depending on where they're placed, in my level there's a set of ladders that can be climbed dispite there being missing sections, ladders that don't let climb down and one that causes Mega Man get stuck in his falling state.

Energy Elements placed at the edge of a screen can crash the game when trasinitioning to said screen; giving the following error message:

Code: Select all

of  Step Event0
for object objSectionSwitcher:

Variable objBossDeathTimerMegaman.sectionBottom(100037, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_playerDeactivateObjects
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_playerDeactivateObjects (line 0)
gml_Object_objSectionSwitcher_Step_0
Dust Man blocks can be placed outside boss doors, causing Mega Man to get stuck inside them.

And finally, bosses also act really oddly with platforms. In my level, for example, Bomb Man can fall through the MM5 platforms and instantly die, sometimes he even gets stuck in the corner of the screen.

There are plently of other bugs I've eccountered with the editor, but most of those relate to the platforms being really wonky at times, so hopefully improving that will also fix several other bugs with it.

Mittenz

Post by Mittenz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:03 am

All my levels online were deleted. I have them saved but what will happen if they get deleted again? Is there a way to recover them other than re-uploading them?
Their ID's were
ID: 68000
ID: 86687
ID: 85211

My only theory is that I left Mega Maker running in the background. I opened up another online game and played for about 20 minutes. Before closing that game, I switched back to Mega Maker and when I try to see if I got any thumbs up on my newest uploaded level, they were all gone.

Mega-zacsolo

Post by Mega-zacsolo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:15 am

Pantha35 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:16 am
Mogu94 wrote:
I completely forgot about that, but yeah, I had a section I paused to walk away for a amount...came back and fell to my death.
the game is like that every weapon once you press pause despawns (even the megabuster)

reprevo

Post by reprevo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:09 am

LuckyLeo wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 am
Hi, here the couple of bugs =)

-Collision calculation in 1.0.4 totally broken(gifs from 1.0.3|1.0.4)
ImageImage

-Oldschool sliding (down+jump) bugged, but it seems like feature ^^

-Stairs lock bug. Stairs at this position blocks klimbing down action, but you can use previous bug
I have experienced a similar bug to the second one, and it happened in v. 1.0.3

LunarHalcyon

Post by LunarHalcyon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:17 am

Tophat stomping an enemy close to a roof, and many other borderline instances, will warp you to the side of the roof, no matter how long it warps to take you there, or if it's open space or stuck-in-wall.

I've noticed this too, and does seem to me like a fresh issue in 1.0.4.1
LunarHalcyon Member: ShadyRounds(⚫͡ ͜ʟ⚫¬)

MMLegends OceanTower | 131129
-BossBattle- DodgeballMan | Pt1 69799 Pt2 69691
MatrixMan -Puzzle- | 84526
Breaching Hazards | 102487
Elevator Action NES | 159204
Donkey Kong Classic | 194746

checkered_vile

Post by checkered_vile » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:54 pm

So I'm not entirely sure if it was intended or it just wasn't written in, but if you are using the Nado and swap weapons real quick then back to Nado, you can just fly away into infinity. If it is intended, OK, but a lot of levels I've played are totally broken if you know you can do this. Figured I'd chime in.

JCvgluvr

Post by JCvgluvr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Just wanted to add to the choir pointing out the tad pole egg glitch. My latest level, Crash Bomb Blowout, was really screwed over because of it. Working around the glitch was hell. I did the best I could to work around it, but people may still encounter some problems, I bet.

Dranius7

Post by Dranius7 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Spikes that sit on top of walls will kill Meagman.

Here, if megaman walks into the short wall, he is killed by the spike above. Perhaps making the spike collision boxes slightly smaller than a full square would fix it, or maybe giving spike collision a lower priority than wall collision?

Also, spikes that are irregularly shaped (like the bone spikes shown) still have the entire square as the collision box.
The ideal would be for the spike sprite itself to be the collision box, but i know that would take extra coding for each different shape of spike.

Nodever2

Post by Nodever2 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Under the yellow MM4 Cossack platforms, if you jump on them they will fall to the floor. If you get off of the platform, it will rise to the ceiling.

This is normal. However, if you get under the platform as it rises to the ceiling and hold jump, you will float up with the platform. I have made a short video showcasing this behavior.

https://youtu.be/psBPvat2GLk

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Not sure if this has been reported anywhere as it's small but I find it pretty annoying:

When clicking on an menu item along the top in the editor, if the item you click is over top of the screen break icon it will register the click and change the screen break. I've had my screen breaks change on me before and I only just now realized that's what was going on.
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Not sure if this is a glitch or intentional behaviour, but sometimes when placing teleporters, their teleport destination will go out of bounds beyond what the level designing grid allows.

Warping to these out of bounds places seems to warp Mega Man to a few block upwards off screen of the farthest left tile of the top left most screen.

Also not sure if this is a glitch or intentional behaviour, but doing a high jump on a spring while Shine is activated causes you to jump really high into the air. Shine high jumping off a spring while underwater can even make Mega Man jump almost four and a half screens into the air vertically, which is hilarious.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Bluespheal

Post by Bluespheal » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:43 am

I found a bug just a few minutes ago, it is triggered when you are inside a green laser and use the plant shield to absorb any type of bullet, the laser timer will reset and the laser will go off again on top of the previous, making the draining as twice as fast, this can be repeated until your health drains extremely fast.

Hylian Phoenix

Post by Hylian Phoenix » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:44 am

This isn't exactly a bug, but it's possible to make checkpoint traps that upon death make a stage both unwinnable, and nearly impossible to exit.

http://imgur.com/a/antFW

The setup on the left makes the checkpoint unavoidable, and could easily be made even worse by lowering it one block and placing a conveyor under the screen. If a player dies after activating either checkpoint, there is very little time given to pause and exit the stage. This could easily be rectified by allowing the player to pause before Mega Man respawns, or adding a button to exit a stage at any time without the need to pause first.

acidjackal

Post by acidjackal » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:57 am

There's a pretty significant bug regarding loading levels with the same name. It looks like if you play a level with the same name as a level you've already played in the same session, the game will load the earlier-played level rather than the one you're trying to play. I'm running the Level Design Challenge in the level design subforum, and we thought people were cheating by submitting duplicate levels when we were just running into this bug.

If you want to test this out, these two different levels have the same name (The Tower of Time): 40627 and 47834.

Someone in the Level Design Challenge topic made a pretty good guess about the cause: the temp folder that the levels are stored in might not be loading new levels if they share the same name as other levels from the same session.
Hey, I'm running a Level Design Challenge! Check it out here!

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:29 am

acidjackal wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:57 am
There's a pretty significant bug regarding loading levels with the same name. It looks like if you play a level with the same name as a level you've already played in the same session, the game will load the earlier-played level rather than the one you're trying to play. I'm running the Level Design Challenge in the level design subforum, and we thought people were cheating by submitting duplicate levels when we were just running into this bug.

If you want to test this out, these two different levels have the same name (The Tower of Time): 40627 and 47834.

Someone in the Level Design Challenge topic made a pretty good guess about the cause: the temp folder that the levels are stored in might not be loading new levels if they share the same name as other levels from the same session.
Can confirm, this happened to me when playing multiple different levels online all named "Flying Battery".

Stone Man in "Rubble" state can apparently glitch and fall through springs.

Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.