Version 1.0.9

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.0.9

Post by WreckingPrograms » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.0.9 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.
Note that not a whole lot of bugs were fixed compared to 1.0.5.3 since this was a small update we made just for fun. We saw your bug reports and hope to fix most of them in 1.1.0. Duplicate reports are therefore not necessary, so please only report new findings.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappear at the other side and it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it
Created this game, I guess.

CheapPopMan

Re: Version 1.0.9

Post by CheapPopMan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm having a weird issue with my controls where even when I reconfigure the controller to my specifications, it will revert back to different controls from what I set in the options menu. What will then happen is that some inputs will only count as a light press, and hitting enough buttons will cause the weapons menu to pop up for no reason. I have no idea why I'm having this problem now but it's been happening ever since I downloaded this update. I have tried a couple of other controllers (one connected at a time) to see if it's just the controller but it happens regardless.

Post by 2405722119 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Switch the weapon to Perfect Freeze and press the attack key. Use the fast switching weapon key without releasing the attack key. Perfect Freeze Zizi Zizi Zi Zizi noise will continue, until you switch back to Perfect Freeze

There is also a way to reproduce this bug, pausing while pressing the attack key

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 pm

I can confirm the above post's bug report. Very easy to reproduce.

Also, not sure if this is currently an issue in 1.0.9 (or actually an issue at all), but when choosing "Restart Stage", E-Tanks and M-Tanks you've collected remain collected (i.e., they are in your inventory and they are gone from the level). Maybe this is intentional, but I had just assumed "Restart Stage" was intended to fully reset everything and bring you back to the start.
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

Dranius7

Post by Dranius7 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:09 pm

Bosses pass through floors/walls if they hit a spring during the boss fight intro, until the health bar finishes filling. This results in the boss going outside of where it should be if there is a ceiling in a boss room with spring floors.

Image Image

Hiro-sofT
Discord: @Hiro-sofT#1420

Post by Hiro-sofT » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:14 pm

PLEASE FIX THE OBJECT TIMERS! A LOT OF LEVELS ARE STILL BROKEN DUE TO THIS!

Excuse me writing this all in caps but these are bugs that latterly are destroying most of the levels that are involving timings. Why putting new stuff in, when the old stuff is still heavily broken? Why? I don't get it!

We are not talking about stuff that is hard to break in the game (it's extremely easy to pull off)... its stuff that should be simple to fix and the errors still exist since the first version 1.0.5. (With this version being released at the 13 Aug, this makes it almost an entire month). What confuses me even more is that these glitches didn't exist earlier and begin to happen in V.1.0.5.

Please... this is such a huge deal breaker for me and my friends... I enjoyed the game until this happened and it turns me away from the game because I'm no longer able to make timing based levels.

Here is a .gif to show you guys the issue again (the elecblocks are one example of it. You can still make them go off sync by resetting the room for example):
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-299 ... inally.gif

skyred250

Post by skyred250 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Every time I play an online level, after I finish it, my game crashes and has a report with this text:

of Draw Event
for object objMainMenu:

Data structure with index does not exist.
at gml_Object_objMainMenu_Draw_0
############################################################################################

And gives the options: "Abort, Ignore, Copy, Clear."

Abort cancels the game, and Ignore gives this message:

The same thing happens when I try to open an already played level.
It is a major inconvenience.
Please fix :$

Fawfulbug2000

Post by Fawfulbug2000 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:54 pm

https://mega-maker.com/MegaMaker/openlevel/118176

Experience the glitches for yourself!

13JLRS

Post by 13JLRS » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Join us in Let me level with you : https://discord.gg/zsmWu96
A FLOWER ON THE TOP OF THE WATERFALL | ID: 283763
BIPOLAR MAN | ID: 273561
CAMOUFLAGE MAN | ID: 207168

Dachimotsu

Post by Dachimotsu » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:38 am

I get this error every time I close the game or try to access the server.

of Other Event: Game End
for object objGlobalControl:

Data structure with index does not exist.
at gml_Object_objGlobalControl_Other_3
############################################################################################
I do Let's Plays on my Youtube channel! Check me out at Dachimotsu!
Games LP'd so far: Final Fantasy 1-4, Undertale, Ape Escape, Phantasy Star, Resident Evil DX, OFF
Currently Playing: ActRaiser

axellspite

Post by axellspite » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:30 am

Crashes my game

Got this bug, https://gyazo.com/193beda07823203cec1d137a4b88041a while i was streaming, twice. once at 2:04:30 and again at 2:15:00 https://www.twitch.tv/axellspite/manage ... /highlight

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Post by RandomCatDude » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:56 am

Mini-croakers are glitchy around ladders, it seems.
The one that's stuck in the wall jumped on the bottom-right ladder while hugging the wall, and teleported there when it hit the wall. When it jumps again, it falls to the bottom of the screen, weird.
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Did any of the staff fix the problems in the last build or is no one really looking at the issues attached here?

I am just a bit concerned is all as it doesn't feel like the staff is taking the issues in the game seriously.

I can understand that it takes time but at least gives us a time frame of when these issues will be fixed.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Bolt Greywing

x=/=x

Post by x=/=x » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Normally, if you don't update Mega Maker, you can't go online, If you click on a level link, although you start on the enter password screen, saying "no" to the update option kicks you out. But, there is a small window of time when you can CTRL+V in your password and enter it before the dialogue asking you to update shows up. The "loading level" dialogue closes the update dialogue, and using this you can access online levels on a old version, which allows you to beat levels with old glitches and crash by attempting to access features that don't exist.
FATAL ERROR
unknown opcode
read next post for details

Jrem781

Post by Jrem781 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:46 pm

I am receiving this error message when playing an online level. This has been a problem since update 1.0.5 and it prevents me from playing the majority of the online content. I can't even play my own level online.

of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object objHTTPControl:

DoAdd :1: undefined value
at gml_Object_objHTTPControl_Alarm_0

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:44 am

Bomb Man can apparently make Mega Maker crash.

Bomb Man slid off the corner of a platform when landing from a jump, and Mega Maker instantly crashed when Bomb Man touched the ground.

Level from screenshot: Sky Factory (ID: 129518)
Royalguard wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm
Unpopular Opinion:
I think Shadow Man is one of the most fun, satisfying, and well designed bosses in the entire Mega Man series.

Fati98

Post by Fati98 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 am

The HP and ammo capsules sometimes give you more HP or ammo than they used to give.I mean when you pick up a small HP capsule it may can nearly full your HP bar.Ammo capules has the same issue.
I hope I can describe what I want to say in English. :D
Also it would be nice if you play some of my levels.(They could be hard)
-Frozen Base:https://megamanmaker.com/?level=226818
-Shining Quarry:https://megamanmaker.com/?level=226793

Slash7

Post by Slash7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Megaman 5 Green Falling Blocks Bug

When megaman takes damage he cannot detect the falling blocks and goes through them
302538 Construction Factory

294599 Protoman Shield Strike

183547 Area MD1 - Metroidvania based level

188249 Mega Adventure

Mitzos

Post by Mitzos » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:20 pm

my controlls are not working with a dualshock 4... (i use DS4Windows)
i started up a level, and jumping and shooting were on the same button, and sliding and shooting were ALSO on the same button, so i go change the controlls... it doesnt work. it seems like everything is fine while configuring, but as soon as i start up a level, its the same as before... i cannot reconfigure the buttons... my square and circle button just keep the shooting ON TOP of what i configure it to be... so, unplayable for me.. (no, i will not use a keyboard, and dont have any other controllers ^^)
so basically i cant play the game...

EDIT: omg i just played an example level of the game with keyboard.... OMG IS IT BUGGED OUT!!! haha. no fun to play. fix ur game pls. (i dont need to explain the bugs people are stating themselves, like wall glitches etc...)

Iacobus

Post by Iacobus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:44 am
Bomb Man can apparently make Mega Maker crash.

Bomb Man slid off the corner of a platform when landing from a jump, and Mega Maker instantly crashed when Bomb Man touched the ground.

Level from screenshot: Sky Factory (ID: 129518)
I had the same issue happening while playtesting this boss arena and also in my last level with Bomb Man on top of Time Bombs (which I had to remove to prevent the error). It seems to be related to any boss with projectiles standing on special blocks.