Firehawke

Re: Version 1.0.9

Post by Firehawke » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:50 am

Firehawke wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:50 am
I'm getting the following error trying to access any levels I've uploaded:

of Draw Event
for object objMainMenu:

Data structure with index does not exist.
at gml_Object_objMainMenu_Draw_0
############################################################################################
With the assistance of WreckingPrograms, we found I had a corrupted %appdata%\MegaMaker folder.

Fix steps:

1. Open %localappdata%\MegaMaker in explorer.
2. Move the levels folder out to your desktop.
3. Delete the MegaMaker folder completely.
4. Start Mega Maker and sign in with your existing account.
5. Exit and restore the Levels folder back to where it was.

You'll have a fresh profile and you'll keep your existing level creations. It's not a bad idea to backup the Levels folder on occasion as well.

Xane123

Post by Xane123 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:18 am

I've found a couple glitches myself when making my first levels, so I decided to sign up to the forums to explain them all in hopes they'll be fixed. I also uploaded a demo level to allow all three to be tried. Click this link to try out my demonstration level.

• If a teleporter leads you to a second teleporter placed at the very top of a screen with no level areas above it, Mega Man will be shot out above the level, walking on invisible floor three tiles high from the screen he was just on. This can be tried in Xane Castle when Mega Man gets launched to the top of the castle as I didn't know about the "one-way teleport glitch" then.

• The Search Snake flies really fast to the left off the screen if it tries to move up a top-right tile that is only one tile above the surrounding ground. In the demo level, throw some of the snakes to the right of the small raised section and they will appear to disappear, but if you stand close enough to it, you'll see the snakes appear on the left side of the screen for a split second.

This doesn't happen with top-left tiles or upper transition tiles with raised areas of 2+ tiles. Here's a video of this particular glitch from when I first encountered it.

• Last, if there's a tile one tile after a horizontal screen transition, Mega Man can walk off the screen. When the transition happens this way, Mega Man can still move around, no enemies/items appear in the next section, and a lot of tiles don't have collision beyond a certain point. In the demo level, walking into the small opening will trigger the glitch but jumping through avoids it.

EDIT: Forgot about another glitch; If a Shield Attacker is placed in a horizontal-scrolling area, like if it's off the screen to the right and Mega Man's coming from the left, the Shield Attacker will sometimes go through the right wall if it's off-screen. I suspect collision isn't enabled off-screen, as the last glitch above showed me, so to the enemy, there's no wall there until I approach and then it's through the wall. This is why in Xane Castle the screen does a transition right at the beginning; Otherwise, it'd be less of a leap of faith off the right side of the screen.

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Post by RandomCatDude » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:38 pm

skyred250 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 pm
Dear Mega Maker team,
Please explain.
mega-maker.com/MegaMaker/openlevel/152281

Sincerely,
skyred250
Alright, WHO PUT ACID AND LSD INTO MY DRINK!?
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

RandomCatDude

Post by RandomCatDude » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:10 pm

sofiabovino wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:36 am
The old glitches and crash by attempting to access features that don't exist. Legal Steroids
Legal Steroids? What? We're talking about glitches here, not steroids.
Last edited by RandomCatDude on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:47 pm

RandomCatDude wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:10 pm
sofiabovino wrote:
The old glitches and crash by attempting to access features that don't exist. Legal Steroids
These advertising accounts are becoming more creative...
Last edited by Royalguard on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

RandomCatDude

Post by RandomCatDude » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:47 pm
RandomCatDude wrote:
sofiabovino wrote:
I reported them. Hopefully it is dealt with.
Last edited by RandomCatDude on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaiff

Post by jaiff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:59 pm

Got a game crash when I had just beaten a boss fight and was in a teleporter at the moment the game was about to play the level end theme where megaman freezes and then blinks off the screen. I think the error is caused because the game is trying to find megaman on the screen but cannot because hes currently being teleported. Unfortunately because my game crashed, I don't have the name of the level it happened in, it was some random level I got in online play. However I do have the crash log stuff. Hopefully y'all will know what to do with it.
of Alarm Event for alarm 1
for object objTeleporter:

Variable objBossDeathTimerMegaman.sectionBottom(100037, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_playerDeactivateObjects
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_playerDeactivateObjects (line 0)
gml_Object_objTeleporter_Alarm_1

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:25 pm

RandomCatDude wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 pm
Royalguard wrote:
RandomCatDude wrote:

Might want to remove the url from your posts quoting the person, like I did with mine, just saying. Don't want anyone accidentally clicking on it.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

RandomCatDude

Post by RandomCatDude » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:25 pm
RandomCatDude wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 pm
Royalguard wrote:

Might want to remove the url from your posts quoting the person, like I did with mine, just saying. Don't want anyone accidentally clicking on it.
Thanks, I've done just that, also, it seems they HAVE been dealt with! Hooray! Now, back to the glitches!

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 pm

I suspect reporting more 1.0.9 glitches at this point is futile. I doubt they'll be doing any more bug fixing before 1.1 is released.
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

RandomCatDude

Post by RandomCatDude » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:07 pm

sbq92 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 pm
I suspect reporting more 1.0.9 glitches at this point is futile. I doubt they'll be doing any more bug fixing before 1.1 is released.
Yeah, I guess...

JCvgluvr

Post by JCvgluvr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 pm

I was really hoping that previous stage-breaking glitches would be fixed by this new version. I'm sad to see this isn't the case. I suppose it's time for me to consider this amazing project dead.

Thanks to the devs for making something with such promise, devoted to the abandoned Blue Bomber. It's a shame that we couldn't enjoy this promise to the fullest, but I'm pleased that we even got this much.