Version 1.2.1

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: Wecking#2152

Version 1.2.1

Post by WreckingPrograms » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.2.1 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappear at the other side and it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it
Created this game, I guess.

Hiro-sofT
Discord: @Hiro-sofT#1420

Re: Version 1.2.1

Post by Hiro-sofT » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:23 pm

These are always moon walking, which shouldn't be happening... also... he doesn't want to fall into that one gap there...

And the already mentioned Footholder shaking and Elecblock timing issues still exist... always want to make timing based levels... but these glitches are always keeping me off from Mega Maker. When do they get fixed?

These Wheel guys are also going insane when comming into contact with the Crash Man plattforms.

Aze
Discord: Aze#7228

Post by Aze » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Just when you thought the crash platforms were fixed this happens...
this happened when I died at that section, and it appears to happen only in this section.

Also the big cat minibosses are not affected by ice slasher even though they have the frozen particles around them, they fire the yarns and possibly flea.
BRUTAL EDITION COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2677

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:54 pm

Aze wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 pm
https://i.imgur.com/G9b1WFh.gif
this happened when I died at that section, and it appears to happen only in this section.
https://i.imgur.com/0HLqFJs.png
WOW.... That certainly IS a weird bug.... I also noticed one time when I was messing around with the tracks that the platforms would go off the track at times. Not sure what causes it.

EDIT: Screen Shot and set up of why they go off track.
Just a few buds hangin' out

biolizardshadow

Post by biolizardshadow » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks Mega man maker team for partially fixing my lag issue that I reported earlier. :D

DrFault
Discord: DrFault#8578

Post by DrFault » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:29 pm

If you defeat a boss and scroll horizontally via a boss gate immediately after it explodes, the level won't complete.
Whatever you're thinking, it was probably magnets.

NMario84

Post by NMario84 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 pm

DrFault wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:29 pm
If you defeat a boss and scroll horizontally via a boss gate immediately after it explodes, the level won't complete.
To add on to this, the game "soft locks" into a never ending looping door entrance.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Error message loops (softlock)

Happened when trying to access my profile shortly after playing a level online.

60Four

Post by 60Four » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:17 pm

I'm having issues with Crash Lifts as well. Mine are disappearing completely from the level while I'm playing. I figure it might have something to do with exiting and re-entering rooms where they are, but I'm not sure.

I took a video of it in action. It's just raw footage, so I'll annotate below.

https://youtu.be/FBzx-qfu-24

At 3:50, you can see me enter a room with 2 lifts on one track. I exit that room, fight the Hot Dog, grab Hyper Bomb, and re-enter the room with the lifts at 4:15. One of the lifts disappeared.

At around 4:55, I re-enter a room I previously visited that had 1 lift on one track. It has disappeared as well. This prevents me from being able to reach the locked door above.

And around 5:10, I enter the room with the 2nd checkpoint to find a lift just... hovering and jittering. You can see at 3:20 that there was never a lift there before they disappeared...

So yeah, I'm not sure what's going on, but my level is kinda busted in the meantime.

Xion350

Post by Xion350 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Aze wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Also the big cat minibosses are not affected by ice slasher even though they have the frozen particles around them, they fire the yarns and possibly flea.
I had this happen too, only seems to happen online. They only seem to mess up by going back and forth when they spawn on the screen you do. They started working again when I checkpoint in another area that they're not in.

Lennon

Game-breaking crash bug

Post by Lennon » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:26 am

This is game-breaking, and it seems like something that should be fixed.
https://youtu.be/8fa3T_cx-Ik

IrateChocobo

Re: Version 1.2.1 - E/M Tanks Versus Weapon Pick-Ups and Keys

Post by IrateChocobo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 am

Why is it that whenever I collect an E-Tank or an M-Tank and then die (or re-spawn at Checkpoint), I still have my Tank?

Yet whenever I collect a Weapon Pick-Up and/or a Key, and then die (or re-spawn at Checkpoint), I will lose the Weapon and/or Keys?

Is this a glitch, or it is supposed to work like this? If it IS supposed to work like this, doesn't this seem counterintuitive?

Xion350

Re: Version 1.2.1 - E/M Tanks Versus Weapon Pick-Ups and Keys

Post by Xion350 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:03 am

IrateChocobo wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 am
Why is it that whenever I collect an E-Tank or an M-Tank and then die (or re-spawn at Checkpoint), I still have my Tank?

Yet whenever I collect a Weapon Pick-Up and/or a Key, and then die (or re-spawn at Checkpoint), I will lose the Weapon and/or Keys?

Is this a glitch, or it is supposed to work like this? If it IS supposed to work like this, doesn't this seem counterintuitive?
It works that way because it would be possible to break levels if you kept keys or weapons after checkpointing.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:54 am

One bug that's giving my level some trouble is about the Search Snake weapon. It should be able to slither through one-tile passages, but it appears to have a hitbox bigger than that, and that's impeding me from making a certain puzzle in my level.

I triggered the bug by creating a labyrinth of sorts with various possible upward paths to shoot the snake through, mostly 1 tile wide. Shooting the snake into a narrow path caused it to spin and glitch out of the room.

Like I said, I theorize the bug is caused by the Search Snake having a hitbox bigger than 1 tile.

NMario84

Post by NMario84 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:28 am

Here's how the logic of keys & checkpointing work from my understanding

- Obtain Key -> Checkpoint -> Die: You save the key.

- Checkpoint -> Obtain Key -> Die: You lose the key.

- Obtain Key -> Use the key on key door -> Checkpoint -> Die: No more key. Door remains unlocked.

- Obtain Key -> Checkpoint -> Use the key on key door -> Die: Key saved in inventory. Door is locked again.

azrael4h

Post by azrael4h » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:42 am

https://youtu.be/5XW0aJPwdvg

Komasaburo tops do not track Mega Man properly, instead they fall and turn away from him, regardless of which direction they came from, if they have an option to do so. Video in link demonstrates this.

A minor issue, at best, but worth noting. The tops should turn toward Mega Man, not away, as otherwise the threat is eliminated.

Aze
Discord: Aze#7228

Post by Aze » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am

So yeah hot dogs die instantly if hit with leaf shield.
BRUTAL EDITION COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2677

Uber duber

Post by Uber duber » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 pm

I've seen that happen in other fangames, so could also be like that in MM2.
#Trioforthewin

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Uber duber wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 pm
I've seen that happen in other fangames, so could also be like that in MM2.
Well, in MM2 you never get to use Leaf Shield on the Hot Dogs because they only appear in Wood Man's stage and stages cannot be revisited in that game. However, it is wrong from an Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors perspective because Fire should be strong against Wood, not weak to it.

Uber duber

Post by Uber duber » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Try using cheats and see what happens.
#Trioforthewin