Version 1.2.3

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.2.3

Post by WreckingPrograms » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.2.3 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappear at the other side and it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it
Created this game, I guess.

Xion350

Re: Version 1.2.3

Post by Xion350 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:46 am

Loading https://megamanmaker.com/?level=174312 crashes with the following error. Do I need to re-upload it or something?
of Step Event0
for object objSuzi:

Variable objSuzi.beginStartDir(100514, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_objSuzi_Step_0
############################################################################################

Lil Oldman_YT

Post by Lil Oldman_YT » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:05 am

this error still appearing do i have to install the game again or something
of Step Event0
for object objSuzi:

Variable objSuzi.beginStartDir(100514, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_objSuzi_Step_0
############################################################################################

invinible

Post by invinible » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:28 am

If you even attempt to look at anything but the Mega Man Maker program when updating it than it will claim the updating process was used elsewhere and cancel out the update after a bit.

Mclovin

Post by Mclovin » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 am

The forklift platforms aren't working like they used to. Before this update, when the platforms were next to each other while scrolling up/down, you could walk/slide between them with ease. Now if you try to walk/slide between the platforms when they are next to each other while scrolling, you just fall right through the platforms. This changed my level from being fun and playable into a completely unplayable level.

Image: https://imgur.com/7gzgAAn

I can stand between the platforms though... If i take one step forward I'll fall through, something that didn't happen before

Image: https://imgur.com/PTKFtjp
Last edited by Mclovin on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:30 am

This error still happens,.

While they do follow the track, the platforms becoming "off track" here look unnatural.

EDIT: I was playing this level and, THIS still happens:
That platform was moving up and down.
Level ID: 177396

Currently using Mega Man Maker v1.2.3.
Wanna go for a ride?

ironhide1975

Post by ironhide1975 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:16 am

When loading levels in the editor (not from the main page.) the background of my level is still reflective of the last level and not the newly loaded one.

Here's an example...
Level 1 Loaded from the Main Page
The load Level 2 from Editor
when Level 2 should look like this...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Think about the bandwidth-evironment before forwarding this message....

redshift

Post by redshift » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:56 am

A change was made to the way e-tanks are saved after restarting the level, and I believe it is not functioning as intended. It used to be that when you hit "retry" in game, you kept whatever e-tanks you already collected, and they did not respawn in the level. Now you still keep your e-tanks after restarting...but they respawn again. I assume this was not intended.

Aze
Discord: Aze#7228

Post by Aze » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:36 am

Mclovin wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 am
The forklift platforms aren't working like they used to. Before this update, when the platforms were next to each other while scrolling up/down, you could walk/slide between them with ease. Now if you try to walk/slide between the platforms when they are next to each other while scrolling, you just fall right through the platforms. This changed my level from being fun and playable into a completely unplayable level.

I can stand between the platforms though... If i take one step forward I'll fall through, something that didn't happen before

The exact same thing happens with footholders.
These elevators are my signature level design gimmick, and now they're gone...
BRUTAL EDITION COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2677

Aze
Discord: Aze#7228

Post by Aze » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:24 pm

The Tama is not affected by the ice slasher, and neither are the fleas.
I've seen that the mm3 cannon has the destructible projectiles, and it's projectile is destroyed by the ice slasher, so knowing this I assume the yarn fired by the tame should be either frozen or destroyed.
I've also tested the mm4 and mm6 cannon with destructible projectiles, neither of those projectiles are destroyed.
BRUTAL EDITION COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2677

Snessy the duck

Post by Snessy the duck » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Mclovin wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 am

I think it has something to do with the moving platforms being rewritten in this update. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Also, this happened:

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

NMario84

Post by NMario84 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:34 pm

It should be noted that regarding Magnet Man, if there is no ceiling, or ceiling is too high for Magnet Man, when he jumps upwards high, he 'clings" on to nothing but air. This looks really odd.
Wanna go for a ride?

InUniverse

Post by InUniverse » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:05 pm

NMario84 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:34 pm
It should be noted that regarding Magnet Man, if there is no ceiling, or ceiling is too high for Magnet Man, when he jumps upwards high, he 'clings" on to nothing but air. This looks really odd.
Looking at the original game, he actually does look like he's sticking to the ceiling with his head magnet. The way he rises doesn't give much credence to this theory, but the behavior is bound to be simple due to NES stuff. Other robot masters near this era hang in the air when they fire (metal man and needle man), but they hang in the air for much less time at once.

It's food for thought, I suppose.
Image ImageImage

NMario84

Post by NMario84 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Can you explain to me what THIS is about?

Look closely, it seems like its either a color error, or 1 Mega Man on top of another Mega Man? I don't know what to say about it other than it DOES look like weapon MegaMan on top of Mega Buster Mega Man.

Its noticeable when you have different weapons. ANY weapon will do.
Wanna go for a ride?

Minoru Leonardo

Post by Minoru Leonardo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:47 am

Code: Select all

of Create Event
for object objPlayLevel:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6128,3040] out of range [6801,0] - -5.placedImageIndex(100329,196099040)
at gml_Object_objPlayLevel_Create_0
Got this error while fidgeting with time bombs and walking bombs (walking grenade enemies).

EDIT:
Hard Man + head dive on springs = Boss stuck. (This is a gif, notice the bubbles)

Minor thing: when quick selecting energy and life pickups it does end up in the wrong tab in the top UI.

EDIT 2:
Going quickly through hard screen transitions make Crash Lifts to behave oddly (the lift is not really in the tracks).
Last edited by Minoru Leonardo on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  1. Mount Springs [ID: - WIP -]
  2. Flying Kick Falls [ID: 75358]
  3. Ambersand Fortress [ID: 178033]
  4. Kyanite Veins [ID: - WIP -]
  5. Magnes Trials [ID: 84169]
  6. Kairos Core [ID: - WIP -]
  7. Boreas Bluff [ID: - WIP -]
  8. Odyssey Ridge [ID: - WIP -]

Luigi

Post by Luigi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:22 am

1) Fan fiends which are meant to face right he a tendency once uploaded online to face left.

2) New bosses in 1.2 aren't able to break blocks of their type. (Wood man's leaf shield cant break leaf shield blocks, hard man's fists cant break hard knuckle blocks and magnet man's magnets cant break magnet blocks.)

3) New weapons still have a tendency to not get deflected by NULL type weapon blocks.

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:56 pm

I haven't checked v1.2.3 yet, but the balls of yarn thrown by the cat miniboss should disappear after the cat is defeated.
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

AKX_MEDIA

Post by AKX_MEDIA » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Soemthing is up with the Suzy enemies. Deleting all or some from a level sometimes fixes the problem.

Bagl Stix

Post by Bagl Stix » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:24 pm

I found a glitch with the charge kick. Download the video here, no virus: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jq56z58iu ... 7%20AM.mp4
If you don't trust me, basically there is a long line of enemies and blocks above. The first time I charge kick all the way through it works fine. When I respawn them while charge kicking I go straight through them! When I try again it works fine on about 3/4 of them but I pass through the ones that aren't on screen.

kirkyeehee

Post by kirkyeehee » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:05 pm

of Draw Event
for object objMainMenu:

Data structure with index does not exist.
at gml_Object_objMainMenu_Draw_0

(I also get this error if I abort the above error several times)
Unbalanced surface stack. You MUST use surface_reset_target() for each set.

I have been getting this exact same error ever since I upgraded my PC. I keep getting it whenever I try to either search a level ID, search for a random level, or whenever I try to browse a stage.

For what it's worth I've tried deleting the game and downloading a fresh copy, as well as double checking and re adding the game to my firewall. Still no luck. Whatever is causing this issue seems to have to do with loading some specific asset when searching for a stage.

My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB DDR4 Ram

I'm also on Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) updated to the Fall creators update (Version 1709)

I've created a video letting my channel know about not being able to play the game and I showcase all the ways this error occurs in the video. I'll post it here in case it's able to help you in any way: (You can skip to 1:10 to start seeing the bug/error.)

This video is from version 1.1.3, but the exact same thing is still happening in 1.2.3
https://youtu.be/ykiTnhqFUVw

(Sorry for using the same report from each older version, but the problem is still exactly the same, so I just copy/paste the bug report to let you know it's still happening to me)