Version 1.3.0

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.3.0

Post by WreckingPrograms » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.3.0 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappear at the other side and it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it
Created this game, I guess.

Play Dash
Discord: 9888

Re: Version 1.3.0

Post by Play Dash » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 pm

When making some options (Weapon Barrier and Boss Stuff, for example), the Mega Buster is never replaced with the special Pronto Man and Bass ones.
Last edited by Play Dash on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You set the oil Bucket on fire, WreckingPrograms!
We only want Bucket!
#FireLuigi1000LetBucketStepIn

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:14 pm

First of all, I STILL have this issue from previous version.

This STILL happens as well. Wrong background elements
Build -> Load Level -> [Load any one of your levels] -> Editor: Load another level = Background layer errors.

- Levels that I made to report bugs:
https://megamanmaker.com/?level=181817 - Damage Boost Wall Clipping

https://megamanmaker.com/?level=183917 - Unsure if this is a bug, or feature. But the Yambow enemies stop flying when they hit these falling blocks.
Wanna go for a ride?

Takatsuki

Post by Takatsuki » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm pretty sure the player should not be able to pass through ring man beams from below. This seems to occur with every character.

Xion350

Post by Xion350 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Relatively harmless, low priority bug here. But if you spawn Rush Coil or Proto coil and jump into it as Bass after a character swap, he'll still merge to Treble boost.

EDIT: Hm, on testing it some more I'm having trouble duplicating it again.

EDIT2: Here's one that's easier to duplicate, dashing into Treble at point blank range causes Bass to act normally but stuck in the falling animation.
Last edited by Xion350 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:42 pm

I grabbed a character change capsule (Mega Man into Proto Man) while using Charge Kick and the game crashed with this message:

Code: Select all

of Draw Event
for object objMegaman:

local variable primary(100001, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_drawPlayer
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_drawPlayer (line 0)
gml_Object_objMegaman_Draw_0
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Bass crashes the game if he changes into another character while in the middle of firing the Bass Buster.

Edit: Crash Log added
  • ############################################################################################
    FATAL ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Draw Event
    for object objMegaman:

at gml_Script_drawPlayer
    ############################################################################################
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    stack frame is
    gml_Object_objMegaman_Draw_0
Edit 2:
Same crash method, but this time with MetalMan conveyor belts and ProtoMan Item.
Last edited by Royalguard on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Post by RandomCatDude » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Not a bug, but you made a small typo in the changelog.

"-Addec character capsules to allow changing characters on the fly!"
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

BenPlusMM
Discord: Ben Plus!#6759

Post by BenPlusMM » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:59 pm

I had the error message copied, but it didn't register being copied, sooooo... no message.
I was playing a level, and I shot some Super Arrow blocks with Super Arrow and they didn't disappear. Then, I jumped up and when the next screen would've loaded, the game crashed. It said something about a moving platform.
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?
Currently no longer on hiatus.

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Post by RandomCatDude » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:03 pm

If you pause while a Rolling Drill Spawner opens or closes, the animation will continue going while paused, causing glitches.

If you step on the edge of a block towards quicksand, the player will sink a few pixels in the floor.

If you Alt-Tab out the game, then go back to the game. The cursor will end up stuck in the eyedropper form until you tap alt again.
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:03 pm

I'm guessing this isn't a bug, but just in case: Proto Man can charge his buster even if charging is disabled. I suppose the charging options are for Mega Man, but it would be nice to be able to disable charging period if you don't want it at all for the level but you still want to use Proto Man.
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

BenPlusMM

Post by BenPlusMM » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:12 pm

If you type in Level Name as your level name, the game prevents you from saving it with the "Please enter a name" text box.

BenPlusMM

Post by BenPlusMM » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 pm

If you change to the Bass Buster while transforming into Treble-Bass, Bass' sprites are glitched and you can still fire 8 ways. You can do this with any weapon. With most weapons, you can still use them, and their energy will be drained instead of Treble Boost's. With Time Slow, the music won't slow down. With Charge Kick, you can't use it at all. With Oil Slider, you can ride the oil slick in mid-air, allowing for faster flight, and, when ammo runs out, a stored oil slick. With the utilities, you will find that they all still work, with the exception of Item-1's tangibility.. (Bonus: Bass Buster turns into Mega Buster when Treble is waiting.) With Pharaoh Shot, if you fully charge and then wait for ammo to run out, the bullet will stay above your head FOREVER. Until you switch weapons. With Wind Storm, you can still bounce off of the bullets. With Brick Drop, you play the normal "Hand, not Buster" animation. With Shine, you have the glitched sprite effect, but when you use Shine,, the correct sprite is loaded for the duration of the button press. With Nado, it seems like Treble-Bass might undo, but it doesn't. That's my analysis on how broken Treble Boost is.
Last edited by BenPlusMM on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupraMayroBross92

Post by SupraMayroBross92 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 pm

pretty sure i was doing a screen transition and had a character capsule on the other side when this happened:

of Draw Event
for object objSectionSwitcher:

at gml_Script_drawPlayer
stack frame is
gml_Object_objSectionSwitcher_Draw_0
My levels
The Collapsing Tower | ID: 9557
Metal Man's Twin | ID: 22463
Sky-High Construction | ID: 29164
Sweet Slides | ID: 30523
Magnet Beam Madness | ID: 78667
A Tribute to Mega Man 2 | ID: 185294
How Many Weapons Can You Find? | ID: 185490

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 pm

This glitch is... AMAZING! :lol:

Disable slide for Mega Man, and have Bass/ProtoMan dash/slide into a MegaMan Item.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

BenPlusMM

Post by BenPlusMM » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Disable slide for Mega Man, and have Bass/ProtoMan dash/slide into a MegaMan Item.
You can't slide into 1-block spaces with Mega Man using this...

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:00 pm

If the level does not have a boss, but you start the level with Proto Man or Bass, the icon STILL is Mega Man.

If you start the level with Proto Man or Bass with no robot master encounter, the icon SHOULD be either Proto Man or Bass.

If you place a Health or Weapon generator box in a level, the sound effect STILL plays even off screen.
Wanna go for a ride?

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:05 pm

I can't take a screenshot of it because it wouldn't quite prove the glitch and I don't know how to create GIFs,but a correctly timed jump after a Bass dash sends him like double the distance further.
It happened in a stage I'm currently making with Bass as the playable character,so no ID either.
At least it's not harmful like the crashes or the wall-clippers that trap you.
Hell Man: hotter than Heat Man, deader than Skull Man. Hell yeah.(Mugshot by MP64)

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:09 pm

BenPlusMM wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:56 pm
Royalguard wrote:

You can't slide into 1-block spaces with Mega Man using this...
You can softlock MegaMan doing this if you aren't careful, as you are unable to manually cancel the slide.

MegaMan taking damage, grabbing a ladder, or possibly interacting with other specific objects, will however end the slide glitch.

MegaMan carries over the hitbox size from Bass' dash, so MegaMan can't fit into 1-tile spaces.

Minoru Leonardo

Post by Minoru Leonardo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Small thing, but the weapon/health generators only creates them upwards. This can cause funky things like an energy capsule getting stuck in the ceiling, but if there's no hard surface they simply won't do anything.

Maybe you can make so you can set them to create capsules downwards too?

EDIT: I've come across a weird softlock in the Online Menu. While trying to browse "My Profile" I got the "Error" window that would persist until the game was forced to close.

EDIT²: The Numerical Keyboard input, especially Enter, seems to not work at random in the game's menus for some reason.

EDIT³: Found a coloring glitch here:
Notice how the weapon block colors don't change. This happens even if you start as Bass or Proto Man instead of using the character switch capsule.
Royalguard wrote:

That is one of the most amusing glitches I've seen. It reminds me of a mechanic in a Mega Man fan-game I saw once.
Last edited by Minoru Leonardo on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
  1. Mount Springs [ID: - WIP -]
  2. Flying Kick Falls [ID: 75358]
  3. Ambersand Fortress [ID: 178033]
  4. Kyanite Veins [ID: - WIP -]
  5. Magnes Trials [ID: 84169]
  6. Kairos Core [ID: - WIP -]
  7. Boreas Bluff [ID: - WIP -]
  8. Odyssey Ridge [ID: - WIP -]