Version 1.3.0

Report bugs and glitches you found
8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: Version 1.3.0

Post by 8JKN4 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:05 pm
I can't take a screenshot of it because it wouldn't quite prove the glitch and I don't know how to create GIFs,but a correctly timed jump after a Bass dash sends him like double the distance further.
It happened in a stage I'm currently making with Bass as the playable character,so no ID either.
At least it's not harmful like the crashes or the wall-clippers that trap you.
Found another glitch in NMario's 1.3 addition museum,ID 201539.
In the boss fight against good ol' Ring Man(who I was hoping to be added by the way,so thanks!),he started walking to the other side of the screen like he does normally,but this happened...for some reason.
I took these three screenshots of it,and as you can see,Ringy started forever walking there and got rekt by my drills.
It can probably be prevented by enclosing the screen,and likewise it could have happened because of the open screen.Maybe the level had to have some screen in the side and the blocks blocked Ring Man which made him continuosly walk forever.
At least the Bass dash glitch is good.I think you guys should check if it also works for Proto Man

I found yet another glitch yesterday but it went by too fast for a screenshot,and only after it happened I thought:"Hmmm,I should have took a screenshot.."
Basically in the Drill Bomb mini-stage in the stage I'm making,there are three Girees after a Yoku Block section.Two of them go offscreen,but if you want to for some reason,you can bring the third one with you to the door before the room you get the drills in.Then this happened:
Probably the boss doors aren't as solid for enemies as they are for players,but what can I do?
Last edited by 8JKN4 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turnip

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:33 am

If you go into a boss fight while flying as Bass, Bass will revert back to his "normal' jump/fall frames, but while still flying.
Wanna go for a ride?

InUniverse

Post by InUniverse » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:35 am

Skull Man's description is missing a colon.
Image ImageImage

warlic
Discord: warlic#6223

Post by warlic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:37 am

https://i.imgur.com/4LdzaLf.png

I do believe something has gone horribly wrong here.

For reference, Forte is currently flying via the Gospel Boost, and the sprite appears to be broken. Moreover, when firing, he would "face" upward.
Greetings and salutations, good sir or madam.

SamuraiSushislice

Post by SamuraiSushislice » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:40 am

I don't see this anywhere, so yeah. If you go into a boss room with Treble Boost, you can fly around freely and shoot at the boss while it's charging up. Does nothing, but that can happen.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:41 am

BenPlusMM wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 pm
If you change to the Bass Buster while transforming into Treble-Bass, Bass' sprites are glitched and you can still fire 8 ways. You can do this with any weapon. With most weapons, you can still use them, and their energy will be drained instead of Treble Boost's. With Time Slow, the music won't slow down. With Charge Kick, you can't use it at all. With Oil Slider, you can ride the oil slick in mid-air, allowing for faster flight, and, when ammo runs out, a stored oil slick. With the utilities, you will find that they all still work, with the exception of Item-1's tangibility.. (Bonus: Bass Buster turns into Mega Buster when Treble is waiting.) With Pharaoh Shot, if you fully charge and then wait for ammo to run out, the bullet will stay above your head FOREVER. Until you switch weapons. With Wind Storm, you can still bounce off of the bullets. With Brick Drop, you play the normal "Hand, not Buster" animation. With Shine, you have the glitched sprite effect, but when you use Shine,, the correct sprite is loaded for the duration of the button press. With Nado, it seems like Treble-Bass might undo, but it doesn't. That's my analysis on how broken Treble Boost is.
And I thought my "infinite slide" glitch was hilarious...
Your "Treble Boost hybrid weapon" glitch is on a whole other level.

Dive Boost is best boost.

I know its probably just a glitch, but I'd love for this to become an official feature. :lol:
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:48 am

As Bass, if you hold the attack button while entering a Skull Man boss room, he will never react to you and you'll just keep shooting at him until he dies.

Also, Atomic Fire's weapon colors are still incorrect:
https://imgur.com/b6xPoVS

EDIT: All I was doing was jumping up the mini "staircase" and I got launched into the ceiling:
https://imgur.com/UVzC7qX
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

InUniverse

Post by InUniverse » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:21 am

BenPlusMM wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 pm
If you change to the Bass Buster while transforming into Treble-Bass, Bass' sprites are glitched and you can still fire 8 ways. You can do this with any weapon. Etc, etc.
You can """climb""" ladders during this.
Image ImageImage

NMario84

Post by NMario84 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:33 am

When you press start to pause, the NEW enemas (at least their animations) are not effected by the pause.
Wanna go for a ride?

TREMIC1

Post by TREMIC1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:36 am

When using Bass' rapid fire on Skull Man, Skull Man won't react and will simply take damage until an "opening" is presented.

InUniverse

Post by InUniverse » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:47 am

If your main weapon is locked, pressing L and R at the same time to switch to your main weapon causes you to switch to the nothing weapon continuously. It doesn't really effect anything. I'm not sure if it works on earlier versions.

Also, two of the bugs I reported in the 1.2.4 thread are still active:
  • Hari Harry and Cannon's destructible projectiles destroy Hyper Bomb and Crash Bomb projectiles outright instead of causing them to detonate. Additionally, the new Met Cannon and Bomb Thrown enemies have projectiles that also destroy bombs instead of detonating them.
  • Pausing the game during a Killer Bullet's explosion causes the explosion's duration to extend proportionally to the length of the pause.
Last edited by InUniverse on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

NMario84

Post by NMario84 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:08 am

Collecting an E-Tank before checkpoint, hitting restart, the E-Tank re-appears, and you can keewp doing this until you reach 9 E-Tanks
Wanna go for a ride?

warlic

Post by warlic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:07 am

Obtaining the "Fire Storm" while using the Forte Boost will have the fire palette on the Forte Skin sprite, and the firing/energy consumption will be tied to the "Storm" instead of the boost.

Note that there is no energy bar on the left, as "Fire Storm" is infinite in this level.

Post Scriptum: This glitch is wonderful, and perhaps should be officially implemented in some capacity, as the possibilities for unique level designs would be astounding.

warlic

Post by warlic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:17 am

Moreover, this glitch can create visual oddities with weapons such as the "Top Spin" or "Oil Slider".

warlic

Post by warlic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:27 am

sbq92 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:48 am
As Bass, if you hold the attack button while entering a Skull Man boss room, he will never react to you and you'll just keep shooting at him until he dies.

Also, Atomic Fire's weapon colors are still incorrect:
https://imgur.com/b6xPoVS

EDIT: All I was doing was jumping up the mini "staircase" and I got launched into the ceiling:
https://imgur.com/UVzC7qX
Moreover, he will do nothing as he is slowly obliterated if caught in a "Leaf Shield".

MTZPyra
Discord: Pyra The Wolf™#2969

Post by MTZPyra » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:42 am

Right facing Hot Dogs turn Left when i try to upload level.
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)
Ring Plateau MkII (220661)

ParallelEnder
Discord: ParallelEnder#9141

Post by ParallelEnder » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:55 am

The bug I have to report is that Tama apparently despawns at pixel perfect timing, just like how the key door despawned.Image

Napalm Crusher

Post by Napalm Crusher » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:26 am

I was making a battle with bubbleman, and using water wave to his bubble attack crashed the game, giving me the following message
of Step EventobjWaterWaveBubble
for object prtEnemy:

Pop :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,101] - -1.waterWaveIDs(100762,-1)
at gml_Object_prtEnemy_Collision_77
############################################################################################

please fix it
I'm only a guy who wants to see Junk Shield in Mega Man Maker... that's it.

South Text

Play Dash
Discord: 9888

Post by Play Dash » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:37 am

Minoru Leonardo wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:33 pm
Small thing, but the weapon/health generators only creates them upwards. This can cause funky things like an energy capsule getting stuck in the ceiling, but if there's no hard surface they simply won't do anything.

Maybe you can make so you can set them to create capsules downwards too?

EDIT: I've come across a weird softlock in the Online Menu. While trying to browse "My Profile" I got the "Error" window that would persist until the game was forced to close.

EDIT²: The Numerical Keyboard input, especially Enter, seems to not work at random in the game's menus for some reason.

EDIT³: Found a coloring glitch here:
Notice how the weapon block colors don't change. This happens even if you start as Bass or Proto Man instead of using the character switch capsule.
Royalguard wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 pm
This glitch is... AMAZING! :lol:

Disable slide for Mega Man, and have Bass/ProtoMan dash/slide into a MegaMan Item.
That is one of the most amusing glitches I've seen. It reminds me of a mechanic in a Mega Man fan-game I saw once.
Its related to the Mega Buster icon dosen't change bug i posted earlier.
You set the oil Bucket on fire, WreckingPrograms!
We only want Bucket!
#FireLuigi1000LetBucketStepIn

Play Dash
Discord: 9888

Post by Play Dash » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:42 am

Play Dash wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:37 am
Minoru Leonardo wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:33 pm
Small thing, but the weapon/health generators only creates them upwards. This can cause funky things like an energy capsule getting stuck in the ceiling, but if there's no hard surface they simply won't do anything.

Maybe you can make so you can set them to create capsules downwards too?

EDIT: I've come across a weird softlock in the Online Menu. While trying to browse "My Profile" I got the "Error" window that would persist until the game was forced to close.

EDIT²: The Numerical Keyboard input, especially Enter, seems to not work at random in the game's menus for some reason.

EDIT³: Found a coloring glitch here:
Notice how the weapon block colors don't change. This happens even if you start as Bass or Proto Man instead of using the character switch capsule.

Its related to the Mega Buster icon dosen't change bug i posted earlier.
Edit: I removed the wrong issue.
You set the oil Bucket on fire, WreckingPrograms!
We only want Bucket!
#FireLuigi1000LetBucketStepIn