Version 1.3.1

Report bugs and glitches you found
Raniero

Re: Version 1.3.1

Post by Raniero » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Maybe this bug bug is present in the older versions (that contain the "magical" ability to copy a tile with ALT button) as well, but when you have selected the teleporter (it doesn't matter if if the first teleporter or the end of the teleporter) and then press ALT button to copy a tile, and select a tile, the game crashes :c

Slash7

Post by Slash7 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Bass still cant shoot downwards and double jump at the same time
407743 Knight Man Fortress

Bassnium Z - 325076 Part 1, 325079 Part 2; 324724 entire level but long loading time

310710 GET DEM KEYZ
302538 Construction Factory
183547 Area MD1 - Metroidvania based level

Jase Vendor
Discord: Jase-Vendor#4906

Post by Jase Vendor » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Jase Vendor wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:06 am
Seems like Super Arrow is a bit broken, game crashes when you are on it in a certain way, and it destroys itself, i did it with it stuck to a locked door, dunno if it works on other tiles.

of Step Event0
for object prtMovingPlatformJumpthrough:

Unable to find any instance for object index '109234' name '<undefined>'
at gml_Object_prtMovingPlatformJumpthrough_Step_0
############################################################################################
Actually i did some more work, it seems if multiple Super Arrows land in the same spot and you're on them, it causes the game to crash when one is deleted, seems the game doesn't know which one you should be on.
Don't bother with me if you find me disgusting.
I'm on Discord!

DrFault
Discord: DrFault#8578

Post by DrFault » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:10 pm

I've been running into this bizarre glitch while creating my level;

Just going through this section of the level and suddenly, all inputs stop responding; i.e I can't do sh*t. It's really annoying and it happens consistently.

I don't know how you could fix this but it's really annoying and it's preventing me from being able to submit this level, so I would appreciate if it could be fixed somehow.

https://youtu.be/8PKqwLmeisc

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 pm

DrFault wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Just going through this section of the level and suddenly, all inputs stop responding; i.e I can't do sh*t. It's really annoying and it happens consistently.

I don't know how you could fix this but it's really annoying and it's preventing me from being able to submit this level, so I would appreciate if it could be fixed somehow.

I already reported this earlier. V
NMario84 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:37 am
Bass -> Treble Boost -> Fly -> Weapon cycle Right or Left button -> land on the ground -> Slide/Dash

You get LITERALLY frozen. NO movement what so ever. Can't even pause the game.
An additional note. You can NOT pause menu in the game while flying with treble boost.

This needs to be fixed ASAP, as it is literally annoying when I want to speed run through a level..
It's a bug that NEEDS to be fixed ASAP
Just a few buds hangin' out

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Post by RandomCatDude » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:07 pm

DrFault wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:10 pm

After Treble Boost is used, dashing causes a softlock. Oh and the pause button is borked
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

Woctor Dialy

Post by Woctor Dialy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Im not sure if its intended or not but the super arrow does not destroy the super arrow weapon barrier. I figure it should.... because why else have them?

Bucket
Discord: Bucket#4801

Post by Bucket » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 pm

I suppose I should start posting bugs here as part of my application.

Wall Blasters have weird editor hitboxes, as you cannot build 1 block above them.

When Tackle fire isn't equipped as your current item, you can drag it from the bottom of the screen.

Similar to the old Bass Buster glitch, you can defeat Skull man by standing there using Perfect Freeze.

Changing weapons while a Ring Boomerang is carrying an item causes the item to float in the air, unable to be recollected by the Ring. Even worse, if this is done on a weapon energy spawner, you can potentially permanently disable the spawner for that life if you get the energy in an unreachable area.

Spawning Treble in Dust blocks, then removing the Dust blocks disables that Treble from enabling Treble Boost. Conveyor Belt isn't necessary.
h

warlic
Discord: warlic#6223

Post by warlic » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:36 pm

Holding the fire button for the top spin while climbing a ladder can cause animations issues.
Greetings and salutations, good sir or madam.

TREMIC1

Post by TREMIC1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:51 pm

--I don't know if its intentional or not, but Robot Masters/some objects don't make splashes when entering or exiting bodies of water, while the player, does.

--Toad Man doesn't move into his jump/evading phase after hit with a charge shot by Protoman. The same goes when hit by Bass, Rapid Fire

NMario84

Post by NMario84 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:56 pm

Not really a "Bug" but maybe if Mega Man or Proto Man is currently sliding in 1 gap tunnels, then you pick up a Bass power up while continue sliding, Bass could be using his sliding frames instead?

Just seems weird that Bass goes into his dash frames from a previous slide frame from Mega Man or Proto Man. Bass apparently does have slide frames in Mega Man Maker as evidenced by the fact you can make him use Charge kick.

DrFault
Discord: DrFault#8578

Post by DrFault » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:10 am

NMario84 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:37 am
Bass -> Treble Boost -> Fly -> Weapon cycle Right or Left button -> land on the ground -> Slide/Dash

You get LITERALLY frozen. NO movement what so ever. Can't even pause the game.
An additional note. You can NOT pause menu in the game while flying with treble boost.

This needs to be fixed ASAP, as it is literally annoying when I want to speed run through a level..
I actually had the same issue in my own level. I sometimes even trigger it when I forget about the glitch all together. This really needs to be fixed
Whatever you're thinking, it was probably magnets.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:17 am

NMario84 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:56 pm
Not really a "Bug" but maybe if Mega Man or Proto Man is currently sliding in 1 gap tunnels, then you pick up a Bass power up while continue sliding, Bass could be using his sliding frames instead?

Just seems weird that Bass goes into his dash frames from a previous slide frame from Mega Man or Proto Man. Bass apparently does have slide frames in Mega Man Maker as evidenced by the fact you can make him use Charge kick.
If MegaMan/ProtoMan sliding while changing into Bass would cause Base to use slide sprites until the slide animation ends, shouldn't the opposite also be true?

Bass dashing while changing into MegaMan/ProtoMan should cause MegaMan/ProtoMan to use dash sprites until the dash animation ends.

Would be a very small detail, but it would make character transitions between Bass and MegaMan/ProtoMan seem a lot less visually jarring.

NMario84

Post by NMario84 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:42 am

Yea I suppose that's true... While they wouldn't have someone elses move sets, the character transitions would make much more sense that way.

azrael4h

Post by azrael4h » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:00 am

https://youtu.be/xj3zp6Y1OHU

Video is the same, but I have confirmed it is still happening on v1.3.1. Placing Proto Man and trying to play a level causes MMM to crash with the error shown in the video. Video comments have someone else claiming the same problem as well.

Pika Luigi

Post by Pika Luigi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:57 am

If you use Ice Slasher on a Gyree doesn't stop its spinning animation. Also, I'm not sure if this is intended, but you aren't able to freeze Mummira heads after they are thrown.

Also, Blockies can be clipped through walls by Rolling Drills if the bottom of the Blocky isn't in the path of the drill.
Last edited by Pika Luigi on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

leaftenant

Post by leaftenant » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:13 am

Hi, first day user and member of this board. So, apologies if I didn't notice this bug mentioned prior.

Playing MMM in windowed mode with a controller. I pause the game and tab out to another window (eg: Discord), and when I tab back into MMM, my A/B and Start buttons no longer register any input in game; however, my directionals all still work (both analog and directional pad). I have replicated this bug on the start screen, and in the maker mode.

Unplugging and replugging the controller without running a new instance of MMM does not fix it.

Note: I have tried my controller on various other games to ensure that it was not just my controller bugging out after encountering this glitch (w/o unplugging), and my controller worked normally on all other games.

Thank you.

Pika Luigi

Post by Pika Luigi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 am

Bucket wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Similar to the old Bass Buster glitch, you can defeat Skull man by standing there using Perfect Freeze.
You can do the same thing with Quick Boomerang and the Needle Cannon. He won't budge.
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Post by RandomCatDude » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:27 am

leaftenant wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:13 am
Hi, first day user and member of this board. So, apologies if I didn't notice this bug mentioned prior.

Playing MMM in windowed mode with a controller. I pause the game and tab out to another window (eg: Discord), and when I tab back into MMM, my A/B and Start buttons no longer register any input in game; however, my directionals all still work (both analog and directional pad). I have replicated this bug on the start screen, and in the maker mode.

Unplugging and replugging the controller without running a new instance of MMM does not fix it.

Note: I have tried my controller on various other games to ensure that it was not just my controller bugging out after encountering this glitch (w/o unplugging), and my controller worked normally on all other games.

Thank you.
The game likely got stuck thinking you were still holding ALT. Try tapping ALT and it should fix itself.
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

meganoob646

Post by meganoob646 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 am

Bass got frozen when you switch from trebble to another weapon while flying and then slide. Can't open the menu either. This glitch is broken. please fix asap
Actually pretty noob at classic Megaman, but still wants to make levels