Version 1.3.2

Report bugs and glitches you found
WreckingPrograms
Site Admin
Discord: WreckingPrograms#2152

Version 1.3.2

Post by WreckingPrograms » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:26 pm

Report bugs/glitches found in version 1.3.2 of the game in this thread. Any and all bug reports are appreciated! Do not report bugs found in other versions here.

Please provide as much information about the bug as possible, such as:
  • A detailed description of the bug itself. What oddities did the bug cause?
  • What did you do to trigger the bug?. We need to be able to reproduce the bug to fix it. Screenshots, videos or GIFs would also help here but are not mandatory.
  • If you get an error message, post it. Usually these error messages show where exactly the problem lies, so they are very useful.
  • If your bug is related to the online mode and involved some kind of server error, post the error log. You can find the error log file in %localappdata% > MegaMaker > ErrorLogs. The structure of this file is year_month_day_hour_minute_second.txt. Please send the contents of this file if available.
  • A theory of the cause of the bug, if you have one. If you already have an idea of what caused your bug, it would save us a lot of time.
On top of this, feel free to include any relevant additional information about the bug. Thanks in advance, and happy game breaking!

Lists of bugs not to report
>Gray screen = Server is experiencing heavy load and can't load things up in time
>Persistence error = Server is experiencing heavy load and cannot handle your request at the moment
>Music still plays after closing the game = Open the task manager and end the game process
>Teleporter disappear at the other side and it works like a one-way teleporter = It's a pretty cool bug so we've decided to keep it
Created this game, I guess.

Lionel

Re: Version 1.3.2

Post by Lionel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Dear Mega Man Maker Creators,
I am currently facing a major issue when updating the game. If I choose to update from Mega Man Maker, in any way from the game, it will either show it updating, and then say a file is missing, or it will say their is an issue with the code. I uninstalled the game, and am redownloading it, but still thought I should alert you. I tested it multiple times, with the same results.
Sincerely,
Lionel

Cronos-Man

Post by Cronos-Man » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:54 pm

I seem to be having a bug where when ever start a level there is no music, and when I try to play music in the editor it freezes the game for a couple of seconds

edit: the no music bug seems to only happen when i have a boss in the start area with Mega Man, also the freezing is no longer accruing

NerdinaNutshell

Post by NerdinaNutshell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:10 pm

Lionel wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:45 pm
Dear Mega Man Maker Creators,
I am currently facing a major issue when updating the game. If I choose to update from Mega Man Maker, in any way from the game, it will either show it updating, and then say a file is missing, or it will say their is an issue with the code. I uninstalled the game, and am redownloading it, but still thought I should alert you. I tested it multiple times, with the same results.
Sincerely,
Lionel
I have the same issue

AwesomeCake39

Post by AwesomeCake39 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:12 pm

I have found a very annoying bug in the level editor. If you put a checkpoint between 2 areas that aren't connected, playtest it, hit the checkpoint then die, your game will softlock. You will still hear music, but the READY text won't pop up, therefore locking controls. Not even enemies load in. Please fix this.

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Super Arrow does not break super arrow barriers. I really need this to make my level possible. Can you please fix this?
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

G-Force huh? Sigh, it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. And don't expect me to clean up your messes.

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:03 am

Big Fish can be moved by Super Arrow.

EDIT: Also, sometimes door collisions don't go away when the door is unlocked.
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:59 am

1.)
You can STILL pass through platforms as Bass climbing ladders.
Level ID:
https://megamanmaker.com/?level=202311

It happens when Bass has double jump on.. Just spam jump and shot buttons while holding up.

2.)
If you attempt to to play a saved level with NO character (Mega Man, Proto Man, or Bass), you get a frozen screen.

3.)
Ring Man STILL throws his rings TOO early!

4.)
If you start a level with the player AND the boss in just 1 screen, the player has complete control during the boss intro.

5.)
if you have treble boost on during the boss intro, you'll start fighting with the weird floating Bass again.
This happens because of #4 bug I posted above.
Last edited by NMario84 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wanna go for a ride?

Papyrus Semi

Post by Papyrus Semi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:01 am

This is a simple one.
When I updated to 1.3.2, the water I used for aesthetic purposes in one of my levels started bleeding through the floors that were meant to stop it from entering the main play area. This didn't happen when I updated from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1. Also, I tried making the floors where the offending water was 2 blocks thick instead of 1 and removing the water, filling the area with blocks and then replacing the water. Also, as a note, I was using the Snake and Heat Tiles, if that helps.

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:09 am

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:57 pm
Super Arrow does not break super arrow barriers. I really need this to make my level possible. Can you please fix this?
I don't think it is supposed to. Super Arrow just attaches itself onto those boxes like it does normally on walls. That seems normal to me.
Wanna go for a ride?

StarDustman

Post by StarDustman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:59 am

(Sorry for such a long post)

I was trying to make a level focusing on Proto Man's reflection ability, but when reflected Bomb Thrown's projectile collided with another one, the game crashed, leaving this message below:

of Step EventobjShineProjectile
for object prtEnemyProjectile:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,9999] out of range [1,46] - -1.enemyDamage(100171,9999)
at gml_Object_prtEnemyProjectile_Collision_9
############################################################################################

I did the same thing(make two projectiles hit with each other) on a new level, and this time no crash happened. In my level mentioned above, Proto Man had no weapons so that he will be forced to proceed only with his own shield, and I assumed that it might be the cause of that crash. I tested some situations and found those things below:

・This bug can occur when Proto Man with no weapons reflected a projectile(named proj. A) that can be destroyed by default buster(namely Cannon's and Bomb/Rock Thrown's) and it collided with another projectile(named proj. B) of the same kind.
・Generally, when a reflected projectile hit an enemy, the enemy seems to take the same damage as Proto Man will from the original projectile(Double Damage has no effect). In this case above, however, the damage proj. B takes seems to refer to the power of the weapon Proto Man is equipped with at the moment of reflection, not the power of proj. A.
・For example, Rock Thrown's rock does 5 or 6 damages to Proto Man and can be destroyed with 2 buster bullets. When Proto Man is equipped with Proto Buster, proj. B isn't destroyed by proj. A(after that proj. B can be destroyed with 1 bullet). When equipped with Rolling Cutter, proj. B is destroyed by proj. A.

Therefore I concluded that, when Proto Man has no weapons, the damage proj. B takes from proj. A cannot refer to anything and the game crashes. I also found that swiching weapons while reflected projectiles are still in the air makes them disappear.
I am Japanese, so please excuse me for my poor usage of English.

Pika Luigi

Post by Pika Luigi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:39 am

When I used Time Stopper as Bass when there was a lot of Tackle Fires on-screen, the game crashed. I couldn't replicate it again, but here's the error message that popped up:
of Draw Event
for object objTimeSlowEffect:

Fatal Error: Can not create vertex buffer of size 65536 bytes
4463 vertex buffers allocated with total size of 318304 KB
at gml_Script_draw_circle_width
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_draw_circle_width (line 0)
gml_Object_objTimeSlowEffect_Draw_0
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

Play Dash
Discord: 9888

Post by Play Dash » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:09 am

Pika Luigi wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:39 am
When I used Time Stopper as Bass when there was a lot of Tackle Fires on-screen, the game crashed. I couldn't replicate it again, but here's the error message that popped up:
of Draw Event

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
Your'e game just lagged a lot.
You set the oil Bucket on fire, WreckingPrograms!
We only want Bucket!
#FireLuigi1000LetBucketStepIn

Pika Luigi

Post by Pika Luigi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:13 am

Play Dash wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:09 am
Pika Luigi wrote:
of Draw Event

stack frame is
Oh, good to know, thanks!
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

Play Dash
Discord: 9888

Post by Play Dash » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:16 am

Pika Luigi wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:13 am
Play Dash wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:09 am
Pika Luigi wrote:
of Draw Event

stack frame is
Oh, good to know, thanks!
Next time just don't use Time Stopper with lots of enemies in the screen.
Also, in the 1.3.1 thread, i already said theres a bug when Bass falls into a Boss Door with a small energy container, damaged: The game crazes and crashes.

Crash Log:
of Step Event0
for object objBossDoorVert:

Unable to find any instance for object index '8' name 'objMegaman'
at gml_Object_objBossDoorVert_Step_0
You set the oil Bucket on fire, WreckingPrograms!
We only want Bucket!
#FireLuigi1000LetBucketStepIn

scremer

Post by scremer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:21 am

of Step EventobjMegaman
for object prtEnemyProjectile:

Variable objRingProjectile.xspeed(100098, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_prtEnemyProjectile_Collision_8
this error pops up after I: 1. created the level; 2. put the ring man; 3. put the proto man without weapons; 4. started to play, hit several rings, the ring man came up to me and a mistake flied out. sorry for my english, I'm Russian.

Megamanvwxyz

Post by Megamanvwxyz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:52 am

This still happens now also includes 1x2 weapon barriers.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3790&start=60#p22340
Hi! I like shooting lemons! They kill robots and are easy to shoot!

warlic
Discord: warlic#6223

Post by warlic » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:47 am

Entering a room within stopped time will not allow teleporting enemies to spawn, and their invisible hit-boxes shall still exist. (I am unsure if this is an intentional carry over)

Prior to any input upon forming the Gospel Boost, Forte will not hover, he will merely float in place, unmoving. Furthermore, certain times Forte will begin to veer in certain directions with any input.

Crystal Man's jump to fire occasionally warps him when jumping up in proximity to a block
Greetings and salutations, good sir or madam.

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Not a major bug, but if the player start position is on top of a ladder, the player will fall through the ladder as though it's not solid after teleporting in. This doesn't occur if you spawn above the ladder, just right on the top.

EDIT: Also, here are a few screenshots to help show how messed up weapon capsules and weapon blocks currently are:

1) The weapon capsule should have the Proto Buster icon and the weapon block should have the Pharaoh Shot icon. In this screenshot, Proto Man currently has no weapons/utilities at all.

Grabbing the weapon capsule fixes the weapon block's icon.

2) The weapon capsule should change color to match Mega Man upon switching characters.
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

Megamanvwxyz

Post by Megamanvwxyz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Having a boss on the same screen as a character when you first start a level, lets your character move freely during the boss intro, performing a slide or dash locks the character's movement until the boss intro is over. Also if Proto Man is the selected character, and a boss is on the same screen as him during level start, the boss music will play during the ready text, after ready text cycle is over the level music will begin to play instead of the boss music continuing.
Hi! I like shooting lemons! They kill robots and are easy to shoot!