Version 1.3.6

Report bugs and glitches you found
TREMIC1

Re: Version 1.3.6

Post by TREMIC1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:51 pm

For some reason, girees seem to reverse direction when they come into adjacent contact with quicksand.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Apparently the Footholder is moving even before the player's presence in the room, so that when the player arrives the Footholder can be anywhere and not in the original position, in case of long distances this is a problem and the player must wait for a lot of time. I know if has a near save point we can restart from cpoint, but some casual users dont know that and possible will dislike the level, but I'm not certain if it is a bug or not.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm
Apparently the Footholder is moving even before the player's presence in the room, so that when the player arrives the Footholder can be anywhere and not in the original position, in case of long distances this is a problem and the player must wait for a lot of time. I know if has a near save point we can restart from cpoint, but some casual users dont know that and possible will dislike the level, but I'm not certain if it is a bug or not.

(image removed from quote)
In older builds of Mega Man Maker, Footholders would only start moving once the player entered the same room as them. Ever since a certain update, they move regardless of what screen the player is currently located. As far as I'm aware, this design change was intentional, as many updates have went by with seemingly nothing done to attempt to reverse this new behaviour, but I don't seem to recall as to why the Footholder change was made to begin with.

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:25 am

Royalguard wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:37 am
boltgreywing wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:12 am
I want the magnet bug one to fly to the right, but I want magnet bugs two, three and four to fly to the left to try stopping megaman from progessing forward but I am unable to do this in the current engine build. Cause all the magnet bugs fly to the right when megaman is being carried.

Plus the same issue occurs when doing it from the opposite direction. Magentbugs should be able to be given a direction either left or right initially and proceed in that direction till they hit something.
You mean something similar to this?
@Royalguard: Something like this but I want to have a bit more control over the magnet bug so that I can have them go right without touching a wall. Say for example if the player were to land on a platform in the middle of the stage and try to get on the next one they would then have to wait to be carried all the way to the left before heading all the way to the right. If you attempt this trick of starting from the right side of the screen but going left with the magnet bug he flies off the screen instead of allowing him to carry you.

Also if you are falling after spawning on the screen to the right you fall to your death instead of the magnet bug reaching you. Its kind of why I say these things are still finiky.

Also I do like the idea for the sand but the problems is you can't put any objects in there. If you did the same thing with water you would run into the same issue where spikes would be unable to be added to the same location the water is at. The water needs more animation, also I think it be kind of nice if we could add the megaman x batton bat spawner to megaman maker. I think it would fit very nicely with this game.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:21 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm

(image removed from quote)
In older builds of Mega Man Maker, Footholders would only start moving once the player entered the same room as them. Ever since a certain update, they move regardless of what screen the player is currently located. As far as I'm aware, this design change was intentional, as many updates have went by with seemingly nothing done to attempt to reverse this new behaviour, but I don't seem to recall as to why the Footholder change was made to begin with.
Thanks for the answer. I cannot think of a reason why they changed that.

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 pm

I had a glitch where Top Spin instantly killed Pharaoh Man. It wasn't his weakness. We were right next to a wall so it may have pushed him into it. It's happened twice in a short time span but I've never been able to purposely replicate it.

Mega-zacsolo

Post by Mega-zacsolo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 pm

SMAAASH!!! Puppy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 pm
I had a glitch where Top Spin instantly killed Pharaoh Man. It wasn't his weakness. We were right next to a wall so it may have pushed him into it. It's happened twice in a short time span but I've never been able to purposely replicate it.
i had pharaoh man glitch into wall and didnt kill him same with megaman

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Mega-zacsolo wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 pm
SMAAASH!!! Puppy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 pm
i had pharaoh man glitch into wall and didnt kill him same with megaman
I think it's less that he's glitching into the wall and more that he's pushed out of the room that kills him. There were no adjacent rooms so the game probably just said he is out of bounds.

Putuk

Post by Putuk » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:06 pm

I've encountered an issue with Item-3 a number of times.

In addition to using it to scale walls, you can also use it to bounce across pits of spikes. However, sometimes when bouncing across spikes your character just suddenly dies. I'm no programmer, but if I had to wager a guess, it's probably because Item-3 wasn't really meant for this and sometimes gets confused about spike hitboxes.

This has happened to me on both a level dedicated to Item-3 I made and another level with a similar concept by someone else.

Terran Domizer

Post by Terran Domizer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 am

There is a glitch involving Dust Blocks.

When Mega Man crosses a Boss Door in either a single room or two connected rooms, the Dust Blocks at the other side will become invisible and indestructible after being hit by a weapon.

This video illustrates it:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztY2fJP ... e=youtu.be[/media]

I believe the cause is an error when loading the dust blocks while crossing the Boss Door. As one can see, the only blocks affected by the glitch are the ones that are on screen while the transition occurs.

Sabado Perpetuo

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Terran Domizer wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 am
There is a glitch involving Dust Blocks.

When Mega Man crosses a Boss Door in either a single room or two connected rooms, the Dust Blocks at the other side will become invisible and indestructible after being hit by a weapon.

This video illustrates it:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztY2fJP ... e=youtu.be[/media]

I believe the cause is an error when loading the dust blocks while crossing the Boss Door. As one can see, the only blocks affected by the glitch are the ones that are on screen while the transition occurs.

yes, I noticed it when I was creating a level too.

redshift

Inconsistency in off-screen dust man blocks

Post by redshift » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:13 am

When this game first came out, it used to be that dust blocks would not spawn off screen unless you had already seen them. During some update, this was changed, and now dust blocks block your path even if you have not yet seen them on screen (try this: build a blank level, put a dust block adjacent to the starting room, and lock the connecting edge. You will not be able to pass through). I don't personally like this update because it messed up several of my levels but that's an aside. I'm posting because in exactly one of my levels - and I cannot replicate this in any new level in the editor, nor in any of my other levels - the off-screen dust blocks are functioning by the old rules, and allowing the player to pass through them as long as he hasn't yet seen them. The level ID is 155872 and the blocks in question are two rooms above the main starting area (after teleporting) and can be accessed by jumping above the screen in the top right corner of the room below it (you jump from the room directly above the starting area). These particular dust blocks work on the old rules both in the editor and online. I don't understand why these are the only two dust blocks in the universe that play by an old set of rules. If someone could figure that out I'd be grateful.

MTZPyra
Discord: Pyra The Wolf™#2969

Post by MTZPyra » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:10 am

So uh... i was holding right, and then I held jump, and this happened. Getting soft-locked (or in Gay Baby Jail as some people call it.) happens randomly as far as I can tell.
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)
Ring Plateau MkII (220661)

MTZPyra

Post by MTZPyra » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:37 am

So, i got the item that automatically ends the level (Not the Party Ball), while on Rush Jet... and I could move after grabbing the circle. But when I jumped off Rush Jet, and then jumped again, the game crashed.

of Alarm Event for alarm 4
for object objMegaman:

Variable objBossDeathTimerMegaman.justStartedLevelMegaman(100162, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_playerCameraInit
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_playerCameraInit (line 0)
gml_Object_objMegaman_Alarm_4

ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)

Play Dash
Discord: 9888

Post by Play Dash » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:46 am

If you charge a shot then press the Windows button (the one with the logo), the charge shot will stay until you press shoot
You set the oil Bucket on fire, WreckingPrograms!
We only want Bucket!
#FireLuigi1000LetBucketStepIn

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Post by RandomCatDude » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:26 am

Play Dash wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:46 am
If you charge a shot then press the Windows button (the one with the logo), the charge shot will stay until you press shoot
That's because you released the key outside of the game so it never registered you releasing it. You can do this with many other keys, too.
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

Play Dash
Discord: 9888

Post by Play Dash » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 pm

MTZPyra wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:37 am
So, i got the item that automatically ends the level (Not the Party Ball), while on Rush Jet... and I could move after grabbing the circle. But when I jumped off Rush Jet, and then jumped again, the game crashed.

of Alarm Event for alarm 4
for object objMegaman:

Variable objBossDeathTimerMegaman.justStartedLevelMegaman(100162, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_playerCameraInit
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_playerCameraInit (line 0)
gml_Object_objMegaman_Alarm_4

Also happens when you do a win pose.
You set the oil Bucket on fire, WreckingPrograms!
We only want Bucket!
#FireLuigi1000LetBucketStepIn

MTZPyra

Post by MTZPyra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:28 am

From this image and the last post i made about pretty much the same thing, the collision seems to be messed up. SOMETIMES you like glitch into walls or above walls for some strange reason. Is the collision messed up or something? It's pretty solid sometimes, just saying SOMETIMES the player can walk through collision. Pretty odd.
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)

Mighty
Discord: Mighty#9997

Post by Mighty » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 am

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but water doesn't properly go through springs so underwater springs look just... bad.
b

MTZPyra

Re: Version 1.3.6 (Rush Coil?)

Post by MTZPyra » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 am

I placed Rush Coil on a Weapon Block, then destroyed it... this happened.
Somehow managed to get Rush Coil's teleporting animation glitched out, and it stays there until you switch your weapon off.
This is the original room.
Rush Coil defies gravity Part 2.
Also, Cossack Platforms don't work with Rush Coil.
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)