Version 1.4.2.1

Report bugs and glitches you found
Ivorobotnik

Re: Version 1.4.2.1

Post by Ivorobotnik » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:49 pm

I do not know if this is considered a bug but I still put it, I have been doing a level which is quite long (I try to make a level equivalent to a Castle of Wily in only one) and:

-Around 50 screens the lag began to appear in the editor from time to time sticking but not crashing.

-At 70 screens the game began to lag every time it was scrolled on linked screens.

-At 100 screens the game started taking a long time to load the level in the editor.

And now I have about 130 screens (plus one to test the utilities offered by the game and form ideas for good combinations of tile) and a slow down is noticed when playing the level (it does not matter if there is a lot of presence of enemies or if is null) and when starting the "ready" screen it takes more or less about 10 to 15 seconds before Megaman appears to play, I do not want to imagine how bad it will be if I continue to lengthen it (since I plan to advance it even more).

In the screenshot you can see the map of the level in the editor, I would like to add video for more sample of the problem but I have no possibility to do so.

I know that maybe they would not have assumed that people would do so long, but I would like to know if they could do something to avoid lag and slowdowns.

Sorry if my English is wrong, use a translator to write this. :)
Last edited by Ivorobotnik on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna do some shit in some place somewere (makes a new level in MM Maker or GD and deletes it just because doesn't have more ideas)

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Ivorobotnik wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:49 pm
Your image is broken. Go to imgur, post your image then right click and click open image in new tab and copy the address and paste it into the [img] section.

Anyways, I think it was said this won't be fixed.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

TREMIC1

Post by TREMIC1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:54 am

There seems to be an issue with quick lasers and screens with smooth transitions, particularly vertically placed lasers. Sometimes they won't load at all, even if they are supposed to appear in screens infront of the player.

They only appear after leaving and revisiting the area (removing that area from the camera's view and reloading it) It's almost as if they aren't properly recognized for loading.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:06 am

TREMIC1 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:54 am
There seems to be an issue with quick lasers and screens with smooth transitions, particularly vertically placed lasers. Sometimes they won't load at all, even if they are supposed to appear in screens infront of the player.

They only appear after leaving and revisiting the area (removing that area from the camera's view and reloading it) It's almost as if they aren't properly recognized for loading.
I remember yesterday, I made a smooth scrolling segment, with vertical lasers facing upwards and a Pooka raft, and Mega Man Maker completely froze up when the Pooka raft went over one of the vertical lasers.

No crash, no error message, just froze up.

Corndog

teleport bug involving magnet.

Post by Corndog » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:56 am

On this level "Quick Man - Mega Man 2 Plus, there is an area with several magnets. At the point shown, you are facing a magnet, with a pit under it. If you attempt to jump over the pit, you usually get sucked into the magnet to the right. If this happens, something strange happens, and you suddenly appear in the ceiling to the left

Last edited by Corndog on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mega Maker Puzzle Levels
https://twitter.com/megapuzzletime

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:27 am

Various glitches and crashes related to Boss Doors still exist in v1.4.0.

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object objBossDoor:

Unable to find any instance for object index '8' name 'objMegaman'
at gml_Object_objBossDoor_Step_0
############################################################################################

Note: This .gif file represents a version prior to 1.4.0, but all the glitches used in this level are still intact in 1.4.0.

Yoshi2018

Re: teleport bug involving magnet.

Post by Yoshi2018 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Corndog wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:56 am
On this level "Quick Man - Mega Man 2 Plus, there is an area with several magnets. At the point shown, you are facing a magnet, with a pit under it. If you attempt to jump over the pit, you usually get sucked into the magnet to the right. If this happens, something strange happens, and you suddenly appear in the ceiling to the left

How to make images work.

1. Post to imgur.
2. right click on image and click open image in new tab
3. copy address
4.paste into [img]
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

PoisonousGas

Post by PoisonousGas » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 am

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a Wood Man should be able to fly. He has no wings or anything that would enable him to do so. The Wood Man, of course, flies anyways because nice RMs don't care what humans think is impossible. >:]

Edit: Cut Man, Bomb Man, Spark Man, Toad Man, Charge Man, Napalm Man, Crystal Man, Knight Man, Wind Man and Spring Man also get affected by this setup:

*Cut Man flies from left to right and right to left without stopping and if you hit him he ca stop in midair to throw his blade and then get back to his flying pattern.
*Bomb Man jumps then when he reaches the same elevation of the platform he was and is in the air, he will start flying until he reaches ground. If he jumps a short distance he will fly slowly, if he jumps a longer distance he will fly faster.
*Spark Man do the same thing as Bomb Man but only for a while. He flies while using his attack and when he is going to shoot he frees himself from this oddity and starts doing his normal pattern.
*Toad Man gets his first rain dance sprites all messed up. He uses his "duck" and "dab" sprites instead of the "dance" sprites.
*Charge Man just do what he normally do... but now he doesn't care about gravity.
*Napalm Man gets his first missile launch sprites all messed up. He uses his "napalm throw" and "pointing" sprites instead of the "missile launch" sprites.
*Crystal Man jumps shoots his crystals and when he reaches the same elevation of the platform he was he flies until he reaches ground. He will do his normal pattern but with the flying...
*Knight Man just freezes on his "preparing to throw mace" pose and will stay frozen until he dies.
*Wind Man just lands on air on his first landing...
*Spring Man jumps and when he reaches the same elevation of the platform he was he flies until he reaches ground. Then he jumps again and fly until he reaches the middle of the screen, punches you and gets frozen in his jumping pose until he dies.
Somebody once told me that Rock is gonna Roll me...
I ain't the sharpest Metal Blade in the shed...

Image´ I'm already hyped for 1.5. >:]

Lum

Post by Lum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am

This left-to-right boss door is messed up.

The left half of is non-solid. Mega Man just walks through it.
But the right half is solid when touched in this unintended way, and won't open.

I know MM appears to be facing the wrong direction in the picture, it's to show he is not stuck.

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

Post by MegaFan13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:53 am

Can't Slide On Icicle Teck Ice Spike/b]

As I was creating an ice themed level I was about to create a secret path that has an icicle teck drop his ice spike onto the ground so you could slide into a 1 x 1 hole in the wall which would bring you to a secret path, I went and tested it out and it didn't let me slide then the block disappeared and I landed on the spikes below then died. I thought I made a mistake and tried it again but I still could not slide. Apparently you can't slide on them so this is either a bug or not. I believe you should be able to slide on them cause it would make for some great secret paths
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

Luigi

Post by Luigi » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:27 pm
in version 1.4.1 had an interesting effect that the fan very close stops the player from jumping, but now the player acts like he is on air, and this brokes battles against Bubbleman for example.

The issue with the fans has been resolved and will be in the next update.

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

Post by MegaFan13 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:02 am

Luigi wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:38 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:
in version 1.4.1 had an interesting effect that the fan very close stops the player from jumping, but now the player acts like he is on air, and this brokes battles against Bubbleman for example.

cool, could you maybe tell us what ur doing for the update? :D maybe? No? awwww.... :cry:
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

GamerFromTheWeb
Discord: GamerFromTheWeb#9001

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 am

Bass can't fire his weapon with Treble Boost when the energy is depleted. I don't know if this is a feature but it worked pre-1.4 and it also worked in MM10 so I have no idea why they changed it.
like all my levels and subscribe to my youtube channel or you will get the zero virus at 3 am in a chuck e cheese

im back baby

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:59 am

Luigi wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:38 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

BenPlusMM
Discord: https://discord.gg/a9XqaZ6 / Ben™ #6759

Post by BenPlusMM » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:20 am

IT IS THE SPOOKY MONTH

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 am

But why on earth would you do that?
I'm a dolphin that likes playing around with beach balls, though I prefer to pounce on my buddy.
He seems to love it when I do that to him. I don't mind at all. It shows that we're best friends.

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:19 am

NMario84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 am
But why on earth would you do that?
Why not?

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 am

Because they're intentionally breaking stuff in the level editor only to find bugs that will most likely not be fixed ever.
I'm a dolphin that likes playing around with beach balls, though I prefer to pounce on my buddy.
He seems to love it when I do that to him. I don't mind at all. It shows that we're best friends.

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 am

NMario84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 am
Because they're intentionally breaking stuff in the level editor only to find bugs that will most likely not be fixed ever.
Same glitch as the video, but with one boss door instead of many. (Identical crash message)

Not be fixed ever? I would hope they intend to try and fix boss doors eventually. They are terribly glitchy in their current state.

* They can be used to clip into or through walls.
* They can be used to transition multiple screens horizontally, instead of only one like normal
* They can be used to temporarily break collision detection, to do things such as walking through solid walls.
* They can be used to make bosses glitch out and function strangely. (There has been a .gif in the forum for the last few days of the levitating Wood Man glitch caused by Boss Doors.)
* They can be used to make the player's location become unreadable, leading to a crash.

BenPlusMM
Discord: https://discord.gg/a9XqaZ6 / Ben™ #6759

Post by BenPlusMM » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:50 pm

IT IS THE SPOOKY MONTH