Version 1.5.3

Report bugs and glitches you found
hunterdynamo

Re: Version 1.5.3

Post by hunterdynamo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:01 pm

This bug happens when using MM5 lifts. The character spinning animation is cut short if they come in contact with another lift. However, it specifically only happens when touching another lift when traveling to the right.
This gif shows how if you encounter a lift from left to right nothing happens, but in case it is from right to left the spinning animation stops and restarts.

I found the next bug when creating a Gemini Man based metroidvania level. I intended to have the Gemini Laser as a weapon to break through Pole Eggs in the ceiling, but it didn't work as intended.
The Gemini Laser weapon has a bug that makes it unable to pierce through eggs.
The next gif shows the bug in action.

It is interesting to note that after the laser is done reflecting and tries to travel out of the screen it gains the capability to destroy eggs.
In addition, another exception renders it able to pierce through eggs:

You can notice how if coming from the left, the laser will not break the eggs. However, if shot from the right, it immediately pierces through them. Studying the bug a bit made me realize the only portion of the eggs susceptible to Gemini Laser shots are the upper and right parts. If hit from the left or bottom the laser will treat the egg as a wall and bounce off of it.

In this last gif I would also like to point out how the splash animation is repeated when Proto Man falls into the water-filled bottomless pit, as if he was getting out of water again. This happens whenever the screen to the bottom is not filled with water, even if in the editor it is not filled with anything at all.

Thank you all for this incredible game!

Dragy

Post by Dragy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Hello guys, just registered here for a common problem.

1.5.2 just runs fine for me and I never had any performance issues in the past. Now after downloading 1.5.3, the game runs like 50% slower than it usually should and I want to know if anyone found a solution for that.

Besides that, I like the 1.5 update and I'll create and share dozen of more levels in the future. Just want to say good job to the developers.

KennyMan666
Discord: KennyMan666#1335

Post by KennyMan666 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:32 pm

VyperXPN wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:46 pm
Please forgive my screen capture program. Fraps fucking sucks dick.
Just a piece of advice, do yourself a favour and get OBS Studio - it's the best screen capture program out there these days. And completely free!

GWAI

Post by GWAI » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:02 am

KennyMan666 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:32 pm
VyperXPN wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:46 pm
Please forgive my screen capture program. Fraps fucking sucks dick.
Just a piece of advice, do yourself a favour and get OBS Studio - it's the best screen capture program out there these days. And completely free!
Weird way of spelling XSplit out there, Raiden.

KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:30 pm

GWAI wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:02 am
Weird way of spelling XSplit out there, Raiden.
Does XSplit actually do anything that OBS Studio doesn't anymore? I'm a speedrunner and basically the entire speedrunning community, including big live marathons like GDQ, use OBS Studio these days. (but for some added weirdness, apparently XSplit is a gold sponsor of OBS, meaning they donate at least $20k a year to them...)

Anyway, to not continue this derail, I accidentally found another oddity regarding the by me and others previously reported slowdown issue - while I get proper speed in fullscreen mode, if I am in fullscreen and alt-tab out of MMM and then back in again, the slowdown occurs even in fullscreen. It goes back to proper speed in fullscreen if I switch to windowed and then switch back to fullscreen again. So... that's a thing.

Should also mention that while the editor and gameplay are slowed down, I'd say roughly half speed or so, the music plays at proper speed everywhere.

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:34 pm

My game crashed while playing a MM1 boss rush level. The level ends with an energy element behind four key doors, and you beat the robot masters to get the keys. Once I got the fourth key, the game crashed. It was immediately after I beat Cut Man, though, so it might just be because I got the key without letting it spawn or something?
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

LunarHalcyon

Post by LunarHalcyon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:33 pm

Is it possible these keys are interacting with cutblades (can they grab items like ringrangs can?). Then, their scripted event is being intercepted by being caught in grab by rangs, and that causes this crash?

This seems to happen with cutman a lot.
LunarHalcyon Member: ShadyRounds(⚫͡ ͜ʟ⚫¬)

MMLegends OceanTower | 131129
-BossBattle- DodgeballMan | Pt1 69799 Pt2 69691
MatrixMan -Puzzle- | 84526
Breaching Hazards | 102487
Elevator Action NES | 159204
Donkey Kong Classic | 194746

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Jewel satellite deflects off a reflecting yoku block even if it's not there. As long as it touches the space where it is, whether it's spawned in or not, it'll still come off.

Okay yes alright okay

I now have an absolutely horrifying™ poorly made hockey mask for October.

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:28 pm

Holding the right arrow button after entering a teleporter causes the player to glitch through the screen and die.

Jase Vendor
Discord: Jase-Vendor#4906

Post by Jase Vendor » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:32 am

Whoops, crashed on a 4 boss room with two screens after defeating 1 and dying, seem to to be something related with picking up weapon capsules before dying in testing, i noticed i had weapons that bosses were assigned to drop yet i hadn't defeated any.

of Step Event1
for object objWeaponCapsule:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,2] out of range [1,1] - -5.weaponCapsuleCollectedCheckpoint(101065,2)
at gml_Object_objWeaponCapsule_Step_1
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_objWeaponCapsule_Step_1 (line -1)

Found another bug when i hit the play button too after restarting.

of Create Event
for object prtBoss:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,200] - -5.enableBossWeaknessSecondary(100416,-1)
at gml_Object_prtBoss_Create_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_prtBoss_Create_0 (line -1)
called from - gml_Object_objTornado_Create_0 (line -1) - <unknown source line>
called from - gml_Script_instance_create (line -1) - <unknown source line>
gml_Object_objPlayLevel_Create_0
Don't bother with me if you find me disgusting.
I'm on Discord!

KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:41 am

Found a somewhat easy way to wall clip. Put oil on top of a conveyor belt that pushes you into a wall, then walk in the direction the belt isn't pushing you. This will wedge you slightly further into the block you're being pushed against, and then jumping will clip you into the floor.

Demonstration

Works in both directions.

sbq92

Post by sbq92 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:24 am

Hitting a Brain Break directly with Flash Bomb appears to do nothing.
Wood Mania: 210378
SotN Entrance: 208059
Jungle Base Infiltration -Revamped-: 112280
The Metal Conquest: 92368
Ridley V1 -Long-: 89791
Construction V2: 51433

TheoNeoGames

Post by TheoNeoGames » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:33 am

I found this glitch while playing a level called "Time Paradox" by KR-Drive using Cutman as the boss. I reached the boss and my game crashed and gave me this error message:
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object objBossControl:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,1] out of range [1,1] - -5.bossMusicSelectedType(100426,1)
at gml_Object_objBossControl_Step_0
stack frame is
gml_Object_objBossControl_Step_0 (line -1)