Best of Feedback and Suggestions 2018

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Zephadus

Best of Feedback and Suggestions 2018

Post by Zephadus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:01 am

Happy belated New Year everybody!

So I got this crazy idea to compile a list of all the best suggestions I've seen from last year.
Hopefully it will bring some much-needed attention to some features that have so far not been implemented.
Some of these will be my own suggestions, but as with all of them on the list, feel free to discuss!
Share your comments, criticisms, concerns, and possible improvements!
Now, without further ado...

Feedback and Suggestions 2018

Non-Solid Telly Spawners
Currently the Telly Spawners are a solid block which continually spawns Telly enemies.
This makes it impossible to create Heat Man's level, for example, which features passable Telly Spawners in a precarious platforming-heavy portion of the level.
Additionally, spawners could be added for other enemies, or a generic enemy spawner with an enemy select interface.

Upgrade Capsules
Effectively the same as Weapon Capsules, only it would change player abilities.
2x Damage is more of a downgrade, and I don't know why you'd pick it up willingly, but hey, what do I know?
Maybe it could toggle the 2x Damage off?

Level Subdirectories
Originally a thread about adding levels to a list of favorites, but with how often users delete their uploads, downloading the levels for local play is more reliable - the only problem being that all those levels crowd each other out, and makes it difficult to find your own levels.
For this reason, subdirectories to break up the madness would be a welcome addition.

Enemies Hold Items
There are a few topics in this thread, but we already covered Telly Spawners, and we hear about Super Arm all the time.
Instead, let's talk about hiding items inside enemies!
Could be a Key, Weapon Capsule, or whatever, and would help prevent players from just tanking hits.
See also this topic.

Bubble Lead
Just add it already.

Yoku Block Skins
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
And there are many, many more in the thread.
Brought up again more recently here.

Toggleable Energy Balancer
Sometimes you just wanna play oldschool!
Should be toggled client-side, not likely to be done per level.

More Decorative Tiles
We have various Wily, Cossack, and Mr. X plates, but where are all the other do-dads?
Most notably absent are the large snake bodies from Snake Man's level, but there are also a variety of fans, vents, computer gubbins, and so on that feature in other levels, which are not represented yet.

More Tellies
There are Telly variants that would be nice to have. Also, I'm on about the spawners again. Take the hint.

Auto-Scroll Rooms
Probably won't happen, but would be pretty cool to be able to add segments that auto-scroll.

Disconnected Tiles
Automatically stitching tiles together is usually great, but sometimes it's nice to be able to use tiles differently.
I make an example in this thread, but there are many more possibilities.
For example, the green girders of Hard Tile, with the rock portion immediately adjacent, without becoming more rocks.

More Door Options
Bigger doors, smaller doors, fake doors, powered doors, the list goes on. We need cooler doors.

Favorites Bar
Basically a more convenient place to access the elements you're using for the current level.
Simply add your favorites as usual, then in the main editor, click the button on the left to toggle.

More Enemy Palettes
Red Hot Dogs? Green Mets? Blue Power Musclers? Why not?!
A rather ambitious concept, but even if we just had a few more alt colors for each enemy, that would be rad.
Also brings up screen-specific background colors, which would also be rad.

Editor Zoom
Sure would be great if I could zoom out to get a better view of what I'm working with so far.
That's it. That's the whole request. Get with it.

Background Telly Spawner
Hey, don't look at me like that, I didn't start the topic. There does seem to be a trend here, though...

Mini Map Copy/Cut/Paste
Sometimes you need to make similar room, sometimes you want to delete one altogether, but currently the only option is to painstakingly create the whole room from scratch, or delete it one tile at a time.
We can already (thankfully) drag & drop rooms, but why not copy, cut, and paste?

Resolution and Presentation
This thread is actually from the Level Design Discussion forum.
It was originally about whether or not any one level from the original games had all the assets available.
As it pertains to this list, however, it's more to do with Mega Man Maker as a whole.
It's too much to explain here, just go read the thread. I linked to page 2, as that's where the issue crops up.

And that's the list!
I hope it was at the very least entertaining, and even moreso, I hope some of these features are added in the future.
Please discuss in a friendly and respectful manner.
It's fine to disagree, but remember, there's no need to be rude.
ImageImageImage
I relinquish my rights to any and all pixel art that I produce to the Mega Man Maker team, in the unlikely event that they like it enough to use it.

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: Best of Feedback and Suggestions 2018

Post by Bean man » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 am

I like how Bubble lead is in its own category. Though I don't really care for upgrade capsules.

Also I really do hope they add in the different doors I suggested since MM5 actually has smaller doors.

1.5 for life!... until 1.6

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 am

nice suggestions

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Zephadus wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:01 am
2x Damage is more of a downgrade, and I don't know why you'd pick it up willingly
You'd pick up one to DISABLE the 2x Damage, so that it can work like the armor in MMX1.

Also, my idea with the boss rush teleporter capsule: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6316 except maybe make the "which boss it is" option separate from the gear menu.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

phunguy06
Discord: https://discord.gg/4uNSrqe

Post by phunguy06 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Zephadus wrote:
Brought up again more recently here.
ayyyyy thats mine
I have embarked on phunguy06's Amazing World Tour™!

Moving over to Japan in Asia, I've been playing hide-and-seek with Yamato Man!
Turns out, he's really good...

Image Image

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:40 pm

Yup, it's a good suggestion. :D
ImageImageImage
I relinquish my rights to any and all pixel art that I produce to the Mega Man Maker team, in the unlikely event that they like it enough to use it.

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:34 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:44 pm
Zephadus wrote:
2x Damage is more of a downgrade, and I don't know why you'd pick it up willingly
You'd pick up one to DISABLE the 2x Damage, so that it can work like the armor in MMX1.

Also, my idea with the boss rush teleporter capsule: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6316 except maybe make the "which boss it is" option separate from the gear menu.
How would disabling something be like armor if it isn't already enabled?
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:55 am

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:34 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:44 pm
Zephadus wrote:

How would disabling something be like armor if it isn't already enabled?
Presumably by enabling it when building a level. Would do nothing if already disabled.
ImageImageImage

Nuclearminer
Discord: nuclearminer#4713

Post by Nuclearminer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 am

Zooming in or out is literally impossible. I've messed around with Megamix Engine (an earlier branch off of MMMs engine) and i don't see any way to do this.
idk what im doing anymore
1.5 Counter: E/10

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:35 am

Nuclearminer wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 am
Zooming in or out is literally impossible. I've messed around with Megamix Engine (an earlier branch off of MMMs engine) and i don't see any way to do this.
That's what you said last year, too. lol
In the same thread, I pointed toward Game Maker Studio's documentation.
So while it may be impossible as the Megamix Engine was designed, it's certainly possible within GMS and GMS2.
Probably more of a "Mega Man Maker 2" suggestion than anything else, as well as the last one on the list.
ImageImageImage

Pika Luigi

Post by Pika Luigi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Regarding the Ability Capsule idea, there could also be an item that cancels the abilities as well (similar to the weapon remover capsules). This would allow the double-damage "ability" of Proto Man to be cancelled mid-level, making it a sort of health upgrade.
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:03 am

Zephadus wrote:
Upgrade Capsules
Effectively the same as Weapon Capsules, only it would change player abilities.
2x Damage is more of a downgrade, and I don't know why you'd pick it up willingly, but hey, what do I know?
Maybe it could toggle the 2x Damage off?
Like the art.
Find all keys REMAKE Original By: Bily195 ID: 232686
Mega Man NETA 1-2 ID: 306709

New MMM Forum Fangame is being made.
Join the server here

Hacked by Rockman CX

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:58 am

supersmashgaming wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:03 am
Like the art.
Thanks, I based it on the icons from the attack chips in Battle Network and Network Transmission. ;)
Pika Luigi wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:58 pm
Regarding the Ability Capsule idea, there could also be an item that cancels the abilities as well (similar to the weapon remover capsules). This would allow the double-damage "ability" of Proto Man to be cancelled mid-level, making it a sort of health upgrade.
Good idea, except if we put a big ol' 'x' over the icons, they'd all look too similar.
Would probably need different icons with larger, more distinct shapes.
I'm sure the team could figure something out though, these are only meant as placeholders.
ImageImageImage

Luigi

Post by Luigi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 am

Nice >:]

Yung Gotenks
Discord: Dippy

Post by Yung Gotenks » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 am

If anything, I just want Yoku Block skins. The current design works, but it's too bland. There's a lot of skins throughout the games, so it'd take a while, if possible, to include them all, but it'd be a nice thing to have.
Userbar curtosey of Snessy the Duck.

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:36 am

Yung Gotenks wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 am
If anything, I just want Yoku Block skins. The current design works, but it's too bland. There's a lot of skins throughout the games, so it'd take a while, if possible, to include them all, but it'd be a nice thing to have.
If you follow the link to the original topic (the big text), you'll find that I have not only mocked up new yoku blocks, but I've included all the original yoku block designs I came across as well.
Adding them in should theoretically be as simple as adding the selection interface (probably same as changing enemy color) and adding the graphics to the list. ;)
I doubt if they'd add all the ones I made, but I'd be pretty surprised if the next big update doesn't include at least a few of the block skins from the original games.
ImageImageImage