Gemini Man - How to add him with Multiple Bosses

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Blast Man
Discord: Play Dash#9888

Gemini Man - How to add him with Multiple Bosses

Post by Blast Man » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:35 pm

So basically, Gemini Man was stopped development because he would not work well with Uneven Terrain and his clone was problematic? Well, here is a way you can use him:
  • If you place one Gemini Man, he will act like his second phase, running to several sides and shooting his Gemini Laser. To make sure he will work, he will automatically jump next to higher blocks, and if there is no ceiling, the Gemini Lasers will always bounce downwards if they hit a wall. If there is no wall, Gemini Man will use a new attack where he sends Gemini Lasers to the ceiling and then it bounces to Mega Man's location at the time once.
  • If you place two or more, they will use phase one, where they jump to the end of the screen (or a wall), walk to the opposite direction, and repeat. If you attack, one Gemini Man will go to the ceiling (he will go to the highest tile of the ceiling if it is not 2-3 blocks high) while the clones will be damageable and will attack with Gemini Lasers the same way phase two does, but slower lasers. Once the clones are killed (it has 14 HP), phase two will happen.
Last edited by Blast Man on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mega Man Maker X Mod Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8816

Neo Cutman

Re: Gemini Man - How to add him with Multiple Bosses

Post by Neo Cutman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:50 pm

It makes sense, the solution for Gemini Man could be by having different behaviors depending on how many copies of him are inserted into the boss room.
Last edited by Neo Cutman on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Why limit the number of possible Gemini Man on screen when he means to be the very first one to access the multi-bosses feature? I mean, normal bosses are limited in 8 and the only clonable boss is limited in 2? That doesn't sound normal at all.

If I could suggest anything, I'd suggest something like this:
- If the amount of active bosses in the room has reached 8 already, let's just disable the clone technique of Gemini Man and have him act like in phase 2. If you defeat a boss, reducing the amount to 7, Gemini Man will jump to phase 1, using his unique bunshin no jutsu, health points for each clone now equals to half of his HP at that time.
- In vice versa condition, if his clone is activated, it will also be counted as one boss entity. If the boss entities amount reach 8 (doesn't matter if there is any clone on screen or not), further 9th or 10th boss spawning will be cancelled or delayed like how things are right now.

Having different Gemini Men placements act as a combined boss that share the same 28-point HP bar will limit his potential so much comparing to the other boss when using clone battles, I'll say.
[THE MAD KAIZO LAND]
[ITEM-2 FUN KAIZO LAND]
[THE BLOODY BRUTAL KAIZO LAND]
[THE STORMY ACROBATIC KAIZO LAND]
[ASSASSIN CLIMBING KAIZO LAND]
If you have a good level and want me to play it, feel free to send it to me.

Diamond Wolf
Discord: Diamond_Miner33#9310

Post by Diamond Wolf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Why should a Gemini clone count toward the boss cap though? Technically the clone is a part of Gemini Man, meaning only the clones combined would count as a boss, not each clone. They both share a health bar anyway.
We must end the hacking of MMM's citizens. Join Cyber Force today! https://discord.gg/vduBQKw

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

TheKman100

Post by TheKman100 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:38 pm

I don't think you're addressing the reason Gemini Man was deconfirmed. What if his ceiling-high jump is blocked by solid tiles?
Latest five levels:
* The Room Revolving (337399)
* Cyclone Fortress 2 (339317)
* Mega Man Rock Force - Crypt Man (340099)
* Doc Robot Challenge - Slash Man (344629)
*MAGMML2 - Sheriff Man (345386)

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:11 pm

TheKman100 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:38 pm
I don't think you're addressing the reason Gemini Man was deconfirmed. What if his ceiling-high jump is blocked by solid tiles?
^ This person is right.

There's two reasons Gemini Man phase 1 breaks on custom rooms:

1) When he reaches the ground, he has to RUN... ALL THE WAY to the other end of the room. You've already seen that running Robot Masters get stopped by just one block in their way, and they can't pass it unless they can jump over it. This is also one of the reasons I'm afraid Chill Man won't be accompanying Sheep Man into 1.6, as much as I want him to be in the game. Solar Man or Pump Man have more chances to be added because they move exclusively by jumping. And WHO are the Robot Masters that work BEST in custom rooms? Spark Man! Toad Man! Pharaoh Man! Stone Man! Napalm Man! Flame Man! What do ALL of these guys have in common? They all move EXCLUSIVELY by jumping!

2) Like TheKman100 just pointed out, Gemini Man need to make a BIG jump from one end of the room to another. What if he bonks his head on a low ceiling or a platform in the room? He won't make it!

The reason phase 1 of Gemini Man's attack pattern doesn't work in custom rooms? Gemini Man's attack pattern is DESIGNED FOR THE ROOM! Like SPECIFICALLY for the room he was put in in the original MM3!
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

Blast Man
Discord: Play Dash#9888

Post by Blast Man » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:42 pm

TheKman100 wrote:
He stops when he touches a tile, as i said. Sorry for not wording "start of the ceiling" better.
Mega Man Maker X Mod Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8816

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 pm

I actually made a post based on how to make Gemini man work in MMM.
Here is the link if you wanna see it: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5348&p=39463#p39463
UARM club and G-FORCE have merged into what is now: UARM - Force

TheKman100

Post by TheKman100 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Blast Man wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:42 pm
TheKman100 wrote:
He stops when he touches a tile, as i said. Sorry for not wording "start of the ceiling" better.
Yeah... but what then? Wouldn't that bring his whole attack pattern to a screeching halt?
Latest five levels:
* The Room Revolving (337399)
* Cyclone Fortress 2 (339317)
* Mega Man Rock Force - Crypt Man (340099)
* Doc Robot Challenge - Slash Man (344629)
*MAGMML2 - Sheriff Man (345386)

Redcrazykirby

Post by Redcrazykirby » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:11 pm
TheKman100 wrote:
^ This person is right.

There's two reasons Gemini Man phase 1 breaks on custom rooms:

1) When he reaches the ground, he has to RUN... ALL THE WAY to the other end of the room. You've already seen that running Robot Masters get stopped by just one block in their way, and they can't pass it unless they can jump over it. This is also one of the reasons I'm afraid Chill Man won't be accompanying Sheep Man into 1.6, as much as I want him to be in the game. Solar Man or Pump Man have more chances to be added because they move exclusively by jumping. And WHO are the Robot Masters that work BEST in custom rooms? Spark Man! Toad Man! Pharaoh Man! Stone Man! Napalm Man! Flame Man! What do ALL of these guys have in common? They all move EXCLUSIVELY by jumping!

2) Like TheKman100 just pointed out, Gemini Man need to make a BIG jump from one end of the room to another. What if he bonks his head on a low ceiling or a platform in the room? He won't make it!

The reason phase 1 of Gemini Man's attack pattern doesn't work in custom rooms? Gemini Man's attack pattern is DESIGNED FOR THE ROOM! Like SPECIFICALLY for the room he was put in in the original MM3!
You're damn right, but it gave me an idea : What if when Gemini Man walks (from left to right if I remember correctly), and he does hit a tile, then he finish his pattern by jumping to the right side.

Same thing for the other way : he needs to jump from the right to the left side. If he hit a tile while jumping, then he fall on the ground and he finish his pattern by walking.

Anyway, if it makes the boss too hard, the creator won't be able to finish the stage and won't publish it online ... So why not ?
And if it makes the boss too easy for example by raising a wall in the middle of the room causing Gemini Man trying to jump through the wall over and over, of course it's annoying, but you can already make annoying fight with the RM that we already have (trapping Charge man into a 2 tiles pit for example).

Try my own version of a MMPU demake => MEGAMAN 1 UPGRADED