Level Packs (play specific levels in groups)

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Blue_Bummer

Level Packs (play specific levels in groups)

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:27 am

I've seen this done for a different franchise fangame and it struck me as a possible great feature for Mega Man Maker as well.

Level Packs are self-explanatory. These are packs of levels by creators that can be played through in succession one after another.

It could be perhaps packaged as a sub-category of the Wily Challenge? If this was done it could be the goal to beat the level pack with a certain number of lives, only now the process is no longer random but a specific crafted experience.

How it could work:

On the Creators' Side:
When map creators upload their levels and have Level ID numbers, have an option in the menus to create level packs using those ID numbers.
*The creator could just load in those numbers and click "create."
*An intermittent screen would show the level names/ID#s/and specified order to check for accuracy.
*A final click of "finish" would finalize the level pack and upload it to the Wily Challenge "Level Packs" sub-category.

Interesting options could be to have the levels in a level pack upon creation to be presented to players in a specific instructed order, or a random order.

On the Players' Side:
In the Wily Challenge Level Packs sub-category have a list of packs a player could choose from in the level packs, much like scrolling through the individual levels in the standard level selection. I would envision a much simpler interface with just level pack names and the author of the pack.

This would not take additional server space beyond facilitating the level order, as this process would simply be using levels already uploaded to the servers (just like the Wily Challenge).

14Protoman

Re: Level Packs (play specific levels in groups)

Post by 14Protoman » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:33 pm

That sounds like personalized Wily challenges. Sorry to tell you it won't happen.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:50 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:33 pm
That sounds like personalized Wily challenges. Sorry to tell you it won't happen.
Is that what "Custom Challenge Castles" means on the Deconfirmed Features list?

Oh well. It was a nice thought. :)

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:14 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:50 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:33 pm
Is that what "Custom Challenge Castles" means on the Deconfirmed Features list?

Oh well. It was a nice thought. :)
I mean you can always try replacing the example levels with a list of other levels.
Find all keys REMAKE Original By: Bily195 ID: 232686
Mega Man NETA 1-2 ID: 306709
Banzai Woman

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:00 am

Your options are limited, but there is a website that more or less can do this externally here, or if you'd like to keep it to the forums, see here.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:19 pm

Zephadus wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:00 am
Your options are limited, but there is a website that more or less can do this externally here, or if you'd like to keep it to the forums, see here.
Thank you for the input Zeph, but it's not really emulating a campaign or full Mega Man game that I'm looking to do. It was more in the line of being able to use features of the Wily Challenge in level design. Specifically life counts and a seamless level to level experience.

I know these things can be done by users manually (honor system), but I was thinking since these tools already exist in the game (lives and level linking) why not use them to their fullest? Within reason of course. :)

Zephadus

Post by Zephadus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:29 pm

That's fair, but I don't believe we're ever going to get this in-game, unfortunately. :(
We can still hope, though. ;)