Top Platform

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
D-Man

Top Platform

Post by D-Man » Thu May 21, 2020 7:29 pm

What?
The only thing in Top Man's stage that is even related to his theme. These platforms rise or fall while spinning like their namesake.

How?
Top Platforms take the form of a 2x2 object that spawns tops that go either up/down. A number setting from 1-3 can influence how often platforms are spawned, with 3 being the most frequent. Standing on the tops constantly shifts the player from left to right, and they are non-solid.

Why?
Top Platforms are perhaps the most well-known underutilised stage gimmick. While we have many platform variants, there are none that can spawn at a regular rate while on screen. They are also one of the few non-solid platforms available.

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Canamox Productions

Re: Top Platform

Post by Canamox Productions » Fri May 22, 2020 7:44 pm

This wouldn't be accurate to Mega Man 3, but I think if Mega Man stands in the top platforms, he should have the animation of spinning from Mega Man 5 when you stand on the rotating platforms gimmick from Stone Man stage I think, which is already in Mega Man Maker.

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:53 am

Except Top Man platforms do not rotate MegaMan's body around like Stone Man platforms. That's the main difference.

If the top man platforms were to use the same gimmick as Stone Man platforms, then it would just be a sprite swap IMO.
I'm a dolphin that likes playing around with beach balls, though I prefer to pounce on my buddy.
He seems to love it when I do that to him. I don't mind at all. It shows that we're best friends.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed May 27, 2020 1:46 am

So... would these essentially exclusively just go from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen when set to move up (and vise-versa when set to moving down) regardless where they are placed on the y-axis of the Level Builder? If this is the case, I'd assume these platforms would pass through solid tiles?