Yet Another Playable Character Suggestion

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Sniperjojo

Yet Another Playable Character Suggestion

Post by Sniperjojo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:28 pm

Who?
I know that many people have suggested for things like playable Robot Masters and such, but this might be a bit more plausible than those... I suggest adding in the helper robot Roll. With a unique play-style, of course.
Why?
Roll would be a new character to play as in Mega Man Maker, and could lead to plenty of new scenarios, along with a new special weapon. This could also lead to new types of levels, fanmade campaigns, etc.
How?
Roll would function similarly to Mega Man at first glance, but don't let that fool you, as has a new weapon to use: Roll Sweep. A deadly attack where Roll can knock back enemies, dealing damage while tidying up the battlefield! She would have the standard slide as well. The Roll Sweep can also be swapped out for another weapon for roll, or anyone else to use: the Vacuum Buster. This would function similarly to Hyper Storm H's weapon from the Wily Wars, but with a twist, when an enemy get's too close, they get sucked in, and, if they are small enough, get spat out off the stage from the buster. This could also be used to pull in Push Blocks, or Dust Blocks, which could be fired back out as small projectiles of dust that could damage enemies.
Difficulty Rating: 8/10
Notes
A new playable character seems quite far fetched, and is quite unlikely to happen in the near future, but I have hope that if anyone is going to be playable, it might as well be Roll!
Last edited by Sniperjojo on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No funny memes here, go home.

Casual Builder

Re: Yet Another Playable Character Suggestion

Post by Casual Builder » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Sniperjojo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:28 pm
How?
Roll would function similarly to Mega Man at first glance, but don't let that fool you, as has a new weapon to use: Roll Sweep. A deadly attack where Roll can knock back enemies, dealing damage while tidying up the battlefield! She would have the standard slide as well. The Roll Sweep can also be swapped out for another weapon for roll, or anyone else to use: the Vacuum Buster. This would function similarly to Hyper Storm H's weapon from the Wily Wars, but with a twist, when an enemy get's too close, they get sucked in, and, if they are small enough, get spat out off the stage from the buster. This could also be used to pull in Push Blocks, or Dust Blocks, which could be fired back out as small projectiles of dust that could damage enemies.
Difficulty Rating: 8/10
To be frank here for a second... Roll's possible functionality you're offering seems like a very nice concept. BUT... it does sound very difficult - sucking up/knocking back enemies? It requires a whole new level of programming shenanigans.
Judging by how you rated Roll in the first place, I think that the chances of her inclusion would be... very, very slim.
Sniperjojo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:28 pm
Notes
A new playable character seems quite far fetched, and is quite unlikely to happen in the near future, but I have hope that if anyone is going to be playable, it might as well be Roll!
Yeah, it is far fetched... (I love that Pokemon :) ) If the devs would actually consider implementing her, it wouldn't be feasible in several years... at least. Assuming that Mega Man Maker would actually last that long... :geek:
Meet Casual Builder - a casual Mega Man fan and accomplished level builder.

Led2305

Post by Led2305 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:09 pm

Yeah, I agree they have to add Roll as a playable character, but in my mind I seen her more like another Megaman, just like Rollchan hack.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 am

Roll's notable canon playable appearances are Mega Man: Powered up where she fought exclusively with a broom melee weapon, and Rockman 1 Mobile where she fought exclusively with a buster with a charge shot.

I'd assume if she was ever adapted to Mega Man Maker, she'd probably be a hybrid of her gameplay styles from both of these games.

The problem is, that I'm not sure if Roll in canon can even use Robot Master weapons, as she can't use them in either Mega Man: Powered Up or Rockman 1 Mobile, and I believe the only times where she is seen doing so is in non-canon spin-offs like Marvel vs Capcom. She also doesn't in canon have any form of equivalent to slide/dash in either of her playable roles, to my knowledge.

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:55 am

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 am
The problem is, that I'm not sure if Roll in canon can even use Robot Master weapons, as she can't use them in either Mega Man: Powered Up or Rockman 1 Mobile, and I believe the only times where she is seen doing so is in non-canon spin-offs like Marvel vs Capcom. She also doesn't in canon have any form of equivalent to slide/dash in either of her playable roles, to my knowledge.
To be fair though, both of these appearances are in games where the slide doesn't exist for most characters. Kind of odd for her to receive a charge shot place of the Variable Weapons System in the mobile game though. It could very well be that she doesn't canonically have one. Then again, Proto Man does, and he didn't use it in Mega Man: Powered Up either.

Still though, I'm sure there would be no objections to granting her the use of Robot Master weapons and slides and whatnot for the game if they chose to add her, especially since she has used these things in Marvel Vs. Capcom and Mega Man X DiVE.