In-game comment's for Levels?

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
NanarieRyoka

In-game comment's for Levels?

Post by NanarieRyoka » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:35 am

I think it would be neat to have a way to leave comments or suggestions in game on levels. Not only could this help people improve their level design, but could help people to decide whether a level is right for them or not.
Come watch me play all sorts of things on Twitch!

https://www.twitch.tv/thelostwielder

Signatures? What is this, Gaia Online? :lol:

Shadow444

Re: In-game comment's for Levels?

Post by Shadow444 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:36 pm

And it will give a great opportunity for trolls to write all sorts of rubbish in the comments.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Shadow444 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:36 pm
And it will give a great opportunity for trolls to write all sorts of rubbish in the comments.
Ooooh, I'm so afraid of trolls! How will I ever suffer their worthless selves spewing their self hate out all over me? By the strength of my own character? Pishposh.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:51 pm

I assume one in-game comment wouldn't take up much space on the server due to it being just text, but considering how many levels and players there are on the server, I wouldn't be surprised if it would quickly add up (especially with spam/troll comments) and start impacting the server storage space.

NanarieRyoka

Post by NanarieRyoka » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:19 am

Royalguard wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:51 pm
I assume one in-game comment wouldn't take up much space on the server due to it being just text, but considering how many levels and players there are on the server, I wouldn't be surprised if it would quickly add up (especially with spam/troll comments) and start impacting the server storage space.
Hmm, I didn't think of Server storage space. I was thinking of a filter for comments though, or maybe they would need approval from the Creator? That brings it's own set of problems though. Was just a thought I had while doing a Wily Challenge and had to skip over half of the levels because of one issue or another. Some were only beatable by luck, others required an insane level of skill (I picked the normal difficulty option but idk how much that actually affects) with no checkpoints. I just thought it would be cool to know beforehand what you were getting into. Maybe even a brief level description by the creator?
Come watch me play all sorts of things on Twitch!

https://www.twitch.tv/thelostwielder

Signatures? What is this, Gaia Online? :lol:

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:57 am

NanarieRyoka wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:19 pm
Royalguard wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:51 pm
Hmm, I didn't think of Server storage space. I was thinking of a filter for comments though, or maybe they would need approval from the Creator? That brings it's own set of problems though. Was just a thought I had while doing a Wily Challenge and had to skip over half of the levels because of one issue or another. Some were only beatable by luck, others required an insane level of skill (I picked the normal difficulty option but idk how much that actually affects) with no checkpoints. I just thought it would be cool to know beforehand what you were getting into. Maybe even a brief level description by the creator?
Are you aware of this website? https://megamaker.webmeka.io/

It allows you to search for levels and get level information and level maps. It also allow for leaving comments on levels.

Edit: accidentally edited post instead of creating a new one. Whoops.
Last edited by Royalguard on Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:00 am

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:57 am
NanarieRyoka wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:19 am
Royalguard wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:51 pm
Are you aware of this website? https://megamaker.webmeka.io/

It allows you to search for levels and get level information and level maps. It also allow for leaving comments on levels.
This is an incredible resource. I think a closer association between this and the official maker would be quite fruitful.

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:01 am

NanarieRyoka wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:19 am
Was just a thought I had while doing a Wily Challenge and had to skip over half of the levels because of one issue or another. Some were only beatable by luck, others required an insane level of skill (I picked the normal difficulty option but idk how much that actually affects)
The difficulty setting does not impact what types of random levels are selected in Wily challenge, it only impacts how many lives you start your run with. As it isn't stated in-game, here is the explanation from the Mega Man Maker Wiki.
Mega Man Maker Wiki - Wily Challenge wrote: In the Wily Challenge there are two settings that the Player picks before starting a run. The Difficulty determines the amount of lives the player starts with when they begin the challenge. Meanwhile the Length determines how many total levels the player must beat to win the challenge. Length also determines the appearance of the wily castle.

Levels

"Short" - 5 levels
"Medium" - 10 levels
"Long" - 20 levels

Lives

"Easy" - Lives equals level total multiplied by 5
"Normal" - Lives equals level total multiplied by 3
"Hard" - Lives equals level total multiplied by 1

Lives in Relation to Levels

"Short, Easy" - 25 Lives
"Short, Normal" - 15 Lives
"Short, Hard" - 5 Lives