Items
10%
Online experience
8%

Total votes: 60

Mabrick

Priority on features poll [Unofficial]

Post by Mabrick » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:27 pm

It's time for the community to tell the devs on what features need to be worked on the most for the next update! We need to see your thoughts on what should be updated more and what you think doesn't need to be. You have three choices to select which features are needed the most. You don't need to use all three, just 1 would work as well or 2. Additionally you can post your opinion with using my current thoughts as a template.

Here's my thoughts on which one should be upgraded the most. Sorted by most to least.

1. Enemies and minibosses - Yes we need more enemy variety as well as the mini bosses. There are quite alot of enemies in the NES era that are worth adding. Some enemies like Nobita, Teck, Spring face bomb are enemies with fun potential.

2. Level objects - Definitely need more level objects especially the more obscure types. (Tomahawk platforms, Spike flip platforms, plant platforms, bright lifts etc.)

3. Weapons and utilities - I would say the weapon line up would need some more touches, were missing some potentially good weapons like gyro attack, napalm bomb and triple blade. Would like to see some other weapons get interesting gimmick. For utilities, its fine but i know few utilities that can make it. (Wire)

4. Bosses - Could get bosses from previous games, specifically NES era. (Shadow man, Flash man example.) And bosses should have their own options now like how Metal man can change conveyors.

5. Items - We could get a Weapon tank or a few more goodies but otherwise fine enough.

6. Tiles and backgrounds - Already have enough to survive 2 updates without new ones.

7. Editor/Level features - Is fine as is.

8. Online experience - Already enough features.
Your average level designer who makes traditional levels in Megamaker.

Lastest level: Endurance run of challenge course 3
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9457

Blue_Bummer

Re: Priority on features poll [Unofficial]

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Mabrick wrote:It's time for the community to tell the devs on what features need to be worked on the most for the next update!
It might be better worded that we request the Devs what features the community desires to see worked on.. ;)

1- Weapons/Utilities. My favorite feature of MMM is being able to use all these weapons/utilities from multiple games together in a single game. :D Always looking forward to seeing what new abilities will be incorporated next!

2- Items. I'd love to see the Shop Power-Ups debut in MMM (minus the shops).

3- Bosses. While the roster is excellent as is, it'd be nice to have a bit more "theme variety" available.

Now it goes without saying that I thoroughly enjoy all these categories, the above three are my favorite topics of interest. Tiles/Backgrounds currently has zero votes but I love the custom tiles and background variety and hope for more... I'm a MMM glutton.

The real question is can a poll of this nature really make a difference? 🤔 Like if one area falls behind in the polls, is that an area where staff can in reality be applied to development elsewhere?

Say if Level Objects finds the most votes, how could a soundtrack or sprite artist be asked to focus development for Level Objects that requires a different skill set? Just sayin'.

I wholeheartedly feel every contribution from every team member makes this the greatest MM fangame there is. Regardless of how Wrecking and his team decide to move forward it's always been a winner.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:18 pm

I am welcome to all and any features, as the multiplayer building was a very welcome change, but I admittedly would like additions for level objects, enemies and bosses. They affect the game more directly and I would like to see what could I do with them.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:38 pm

Enemies & Midbosses
Would really like to see enemies that interact with ladders, such as Jamacy from MM3, and Ladder Press from MM4. Electric Gabyoall would also be neat to see if they could find a way to get it to work with various height differences between floors and ceilings.

Level Objects
Any more gimmicks is a good thing in my book.

Items
While I know things like new Tank variants aren't practical until a new Menu UI overhaul is done, I still feel the items section could do with some more additions. Here are some ideas:

Yashichi Spawner: Good for things like Hub Room areas or other areas the player will regularly return to. Honestly not sure why this isn't already a thing.

? Can: From MM3. Shoot it and a random pickup pops out of it. Since we don't have Eddie in Mega Man Maker, this could be a good alternative.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Royalguard wrote:Would really like to see enemies that interact with ladders, such as Jamacy from MM3
YES. If any classic enemy deserves a spot, it's this little guy. I could see all kinds of ideas in relation to map design with ladders and Jamacys running all over them.
DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:...the multiplayer building was a very welcome change...
I can't help but wonder if the Devs will continue to build upon the current multiplayer foundation to where we can have Co-op and VS modes in maps. I envision VS mode like SMM2's VS where players race to the finish the level first (or maybe more like MM Royale).

I'd love to have a local Co-Op mode to play with friends. If an actual MP function was added to MMM it'd blow the roof off in terms of user popularity.

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:17 am

To be honest fighting boss after boss after boss is getting pretty stale. I like to see some of the larger wily bosses added to the game but for now I be happy to accept the Boobeamtrap as an additional boss since it is the easiest to add out of the whole wily catalog. It make for more unique boss fights, as well as potential use as a stage hazard when it is in non boss mode, plus the health for it would be expandible, based on how many individual boobeamtraps there were in the entire room and could be fit within large free roaming rooms.

While I would love to see Mechadragon in the game, it is important to start somewhere smaller scale.

Shadow444

Post by Shadow444 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:39 am

I have written many times about what is needed for MMM, so that the game would be MUCH more inspiring for creativity.
That's what the game REALLY lacks.
Choosing a specific part of any tileset, that's what need in MMM. For example, i want to use grass from Shade Man tileset without stones and pink tiles. Or use blue stones from Blizzard Man tileset without snow and orange tiles. Excluding of using a text editor, because changing them with this program is just a headache for the brain. Also giving the option for specific tiles to have untouchability, this was in MM2 Wily stage 4 (But players can seriously start gloating with this feature). And about changing the music during the game, i don't even need to comment on why this is need in the game. Well, turbo buttons A and B would not be superfluous and shadows 1x1 and two horizontal options.

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:38 am

Shadow444 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:39 am
I have written many times about what is needed for MMM, so that the game would be MUCH more inspiring for creativity.
Choosing a specific part of any tileset, that's what need in MMM. For example, i want to use grass from Shade Man tileset without stones and pink tiles. Or use blue stones from Blizzard Man tileset without snow and orange tiles. Excluding of using a text editor, because changing them with this program is just a headache for the brain. Also giving the option for specific tiles to have untouchability, this was in MM2 Wily stage 4 (But players can seriously start gloating with this feature). And about changing the music during the game, i don't even need to comment on why this is need in the game. Well, turbo buttons A and B would not be superfluous and shadows 1x1 and two horizontal options.
I would love to see untouchability be a feature that can be turned on and off on all tiles and not just limited to specific tiles.

Shadow444

Post by Shadow444 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:29 am

boltgreywing wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:38 am
Shadow444 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:39 am
I would love to see untouchability be a feature that can be turned on and off on all tiles and not just limited to specific tiles.
Just take a look at, how the level was made after spending a lot of time on text editor. And imagine how much easier it will be without the need for this program. There are even 1x1 shadows here.

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 am

Wily Bosses is my number one suggestion for 1.7
I've now reached 1000 posts!!! I'm a forum classic now :D :D :D

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so