Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:22 pm

Since there aren't many more weapons you can add from MM7-8 (9 total from both games combined) and I know you will not complete a weapons collection of any game yet (leaving a maximum of 7 weapons added from those games), I see there's space for a few more utilities from MM7-8 to make it in. These are the ones I have in mind:

Beat Call/Treble Rescue: This would technically be the utility's MM9-10 incarnation, but it's functionally the same utility nonetheless. You fall into a pit when you have this, Beat (or Treble if you're playing as Bass) will pull you out and you'll have a few seconds to fly yourself to safe ground, the utility losing some energy every time Beat/Treble pulls you out of a pit.

Rush Cycle: Rush transforms into a bike, letting you move way faster and jump way further, and also fires little missiles from Rush's mouth. Consumes energy continuously in a similar manner to Rush Jet and Treble Boost, and is infinite if it is in the first weapon slot. Only Mega Man can have this, it transforms into Proto Coil or Treble Boost if you're playing Proto Man or Bass.

Rush Charger/Eddie Call/Treble Item: All three of these are exactly the same but with a different character depending on who you're playing as. Rush for Mega Man, Eddie for Proto Man, Treble for Bass. Could alternatively be Eddie for both Mega Man and Proto Man. Anyway, the associated helper robot teleports in near you, throws you a random goodie, and teleports away.

User avatar
UlticraftMTT
Posts: 787
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 am
Location: The dwarf planet Eris
Discord: MettatonEX#9160
Contact:

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by UlticraftMTT » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:28 am

These sound great, though i would rather have Eddie be placeable, being in the "Pickups" tab.

Also i think Proto Man and Bass should actually have the bikes, just as "Proto Bike" and "Treble Ride".

Also hypothetically, they could add more than 7 weapons from each game if they either just made it where you scroll down to find more weapons, or if they removed the "Nothing" and "Mega Buster" from all of the tabs except one.
Image

1/2/9/10 SFX Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=91154#p91154
Game Boy Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10508

hail boognish

Upcoming mods: Mega Man Maker Plus 2

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by Royalguard » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 am

Rush Search is underappreciated.

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:46 pm

UlticraftMTT wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:28 am
Also hypothetically, they could add more than 7 weapons from each game if they either just made it where you scroll down to find more weapons, or if they removed the "Nothing" and "Mega Buster" from all of the tabs except one.
They don't need to. There already is enough space for every weapon in each game. It's the devs that for some unknown reason refuse to complete all 8 weapons from any given game, and thus we get 6 or 7 at most from each game.

The only tab that risks running out of space is the utilities tab, and all it needs is a scroll bar.
Royalguard wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 am
Rush Search is underappreciated.
Yes it is, but how are you going to implement it in Mega Man Maker?

I do have an idea, though: All collectables having a customizable property to set them as "Hidden", which renders them invisible, and are only uncovered if Rush's head is in the space where the item would normally be. Rush then does his search animation and renders the item visible (with a little bounce motion), letting you grab it.

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:46 pm
UlticraftMTT wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:28 am
Also hypothetically, they could add more than 7 weapons from each game if they either just made it where you scroll down to find more weapons....
....
The only tab that risks running out of space is the utilities tab, and all it needs is a scroll bar.
I've seen most people suggest a second page, but this is the first time that I have seen the expanded weapons page + scroll bar idea. I hope they take you up on that because several Mega Man games feature more than the 12 slots offered in MMM.
Royalguard wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 am
Rush Search is underappreciated.

LeonardMan wrote:Yes it is, but how are you going to implement it in Mega Man Maker?

I do have an idea, though: All collectables having a customizable property to set them as "Hidden", which renders them invisible, and are only uncovered if Rush's head is in the space where the item would normally be. Rush then does his search animation and renders the item visible (with a little bounce motion), letting you grab it.
While not high on my list of hopefuls having Rush Search provide a "Hide & Seek" element in levels could be fun. :)

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:03 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm
I've seen most people suggest a second page, but this is the first time that I have seen the expanded weapons page + scroll bar idea. I hope they take you up on that because several Mega Man games feature more than the 12 slots offered in MMM.
It's true that several Mega Man games have more than 12 slots, but keep in mind that after the 9th slot everything else is a utility, which is already covered in the utilities tab. For actual weapons, counting "Nothing" and the Mega Buster, the number of weapons for the tab of any given game will rarely ever exceed 10! That leaves 2 slots still free in the tab even with a game's full arsenal of weapons!

The other one that might need a scroll bar is the MM10 one because all three Mega Man Killer weapons have been placed there instead of a separate Gameboy tab (and even then the Gameboy tab would be overcrowded too), but that's really ALL tabs that need more than 12 slots! (MM10, GB and Utilities) All other tabs need not be changed at all whatsoever.

In conclusion, if the devs are leaving out at least one weapon from every game, it's NOT because of lack of space in the tabs!

User avatar
supersmashgaming
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: An Arcade
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082
Contact:

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by supersmashgaming » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 am
Rush Search is underappreciated.

LeonardMan wrote:Yes it is, but how are you going to implement it in Mega Man Maker?

I do have an idea, though: All collectables having a customizable property to set them as "Hidden", which renders them invisible, and are only uncovered if Rush's head is in the space where the item would normally be. Rush then does his search animation and renders the item visible (with a little bounce motion), letting you grab it.
While not high on my list of hopefuls having Rush Search provide a "Hide & Seek" element in levels could be fun. :)
Like having some keys or weapon capsules hidden in the ground?
Levels:
Banzai Woman

Image

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:24 am

supersmashgaming wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:08 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 am
Rush Search is underappreciated.

While not high on my list of hopefuls having Rush Search provide a "Hide & Seek" element in levels could be fun. :)
Like having some keys or weapon capsules hidden in the ground?
I'm pretty sure that's what he means, yes... But in that case, you will need to design your level in such a way to properly clue the player in to the key/weapon's location, and nudge them in the right direction.

User avatar
KennyMan666
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:34 pm
Location: Göteboj
Discord: KennyMan666#1335
Contact:

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by KennyMan666 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 pm

Rush Marine is the one utility from the series I want the most! An underwater movement utility that only works underwater is something I've been wanting to add to some stages I make and get disappointed when I see it's not there.
Image

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:10 pm

KennyMan666 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 pm
Rush Marine is the one utility from the series I want the most! An underwater movement utility that only works underwater is something I've been wanting to add to some stages I make and get disappointed when I see it's not there.
I agree with you. Rush Marine would allow level creators to make some new level types. I don't understand why it hasn't been added already.

User avatar
ZepperFang
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by ZepperFang » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:10 pm
KennyMan666 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 pm
Rush Marine is the one utility from the series I want the most! An underwater movement utility that only works underwater is something I've been wanting to add to some stages I make and get disappointed when I see it's not there.
I agree with you. Rush Marine would allow level creators to make some new level types. I don't understand why it hasn't been added already.
Because it wasn't the most-used Rush in Mega Man games. Take MM3 - a few locations, but not mandatory. Now take MM4 - two locations and... only if you were n00b enough for playing. It didn't appear again in other MM games since then.

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:08 am

ZepperFang wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:10 pm
KennyMan666 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 pm
Rush Marine is the one utility from the series I want the most! An underwater movement utility that only works underwater is something I've been wanting to add to some stages I make and get disappointed when I see it's not there.
I agree with you. Rush Marine would allow level creators to make some new level types. I don't understand why it hasn't been added already.
Because it wasn't the most-used Rush in Mega Man games. Take MM3 - a few locations, but not mandatory. Now take MM4 - two locations and... only if you were n00b enough for playing. It didn't appear again in other MM games since then.
Like many other situational weapons/utilities, Rush Marine is VERY dependant on level design (that's what makes it so situational in the first place). In the main series games, useless, but in a Maker game where you can design levels specifically for a weapon or utility, a perfect addition! The devs should be aware of this by now...

User avatar
ZepperFang
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by ZepperFang » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:09 am

KennyMan666 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 pm
Rush Marine is the one utility from the series I want the most! An underwater movement utility that only works underwater ..)
Not true. You can jump out of water in MM3.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by Royalguard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:51 pm

ZepperFang wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm
Because it wasn't the most-used Rush in Mega Man games. Take MM3 - a few locations, but not mandatory. Now take MM4 - two locations and... only if you were n00b enough for playing. It didn't appear again in other MM games since then.
Rush Marine was also in Mega Man II for Gameboy, but that game is already so easy that it isn't really necessary there.

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by LeonardMan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:51 pm
ZepperFang wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm
Because it wasn't the most-used Rush in Mega Man games. Take MM3 - a few locations, but not mandatory. Now take MM4 - two locations and... only if you were n00b enough for playing. It didn't appear again in other MM games since then.
Rush Marine was also in Mega Man II for Gameboy, but that game is already so easy that it isn't really necessary there.
That and also the fact that only Wood Man's stage has any water in it, I think?

But what's important here is that in Mega Man Maker we can make entire levels built around this utility, and that's enough of a reason for it to be in the game.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by Royalguard » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:56 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:51 pm
ZepperFang wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm
Because it wasn't the most-used Rush in Mega Man games. Take MM3 - a few locations, but not mandatory. Now take MM4 - two locations and... only if you were n00b enough for playing. It didn't appear again in other MM games since then.
Rush Marine was also in Mega Man II for Gameboy, but that game is already so easy that it isn't really necessary there.
That and also the fact that only Wood Man's stage has any water in it, I think?

But what's important here is that in Mega Man Maker we can make entire levels built around this utility, and that's enough of a reason for it to be in the game.
They also added water in Top Man's stage, though I think its literally only used in one room.

TheRedGhost65
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:19 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by TheRedGhost65 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:27 am

I think Reggae should save Bass instead of Treble saving him. Just a thought. :)
E

User avatar
JenkinsTenks
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:50 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by JenkinsTenks » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm

Can be Megaman & bass, or Megaman V Gameboy too

boltgreywing
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:20 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by boltgreywing » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:03 am

I say rush marine and rush drill from mm3.

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Utilities wishlist for 1.7

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:22 pm

TheRedGhost65 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:27 am
I think Reggae should save Bass instead of Treble saving him. Just a thought. :)
Maybe, but Treble has the advantage that it already exists in MM10, so the devs don't need to make anything new.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests