Fuse Man

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Neo Cutman

Fuse Man

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:51 pm

__**Fuse Man - MM11**__

**Why?**

He moves in a unique way and thematically he can fit into any high-tech theme.

**How?**

He can fly avoiding getting stuck in uneven terrain.

Even when isolated between walls his common attack is able to pass through walls, and the Speed Gear when he hits the ground can have a range capable of going through thin walls.

**What about the problem of moving in a lightning form?**

I believe that the biggest problem when thinking about Fuse Man is when he moves at high speed turning into lightning, people might think he could end up stuck between tiles, but this problem could be solved simply by maintaining the collision so that he doesn't accidentally enter into wall. Sheep man when he turns into clouds also maintains collision and avoids getting stuck between tiles.

**What about the electric rails behind the battle arena?**

I would suggest that this be optional, a separate object that he would use if it were in the arena, like metal man and conveyor.

This electric rail, when in contact with any other electrical object, could generate a small comet of energy that runs along the rail. This object could be used together with other electrical bosses, Spark Man and Sheep Man, or electrical objects and enemies in general.

This electric rail could be designed the way the creator wanted, like the Crash lift rails.

Having this as optional also allows the creator not include this to make the confrontation with the Fuse Man a little easier or also leaving the room more free to include other objects.
[Image

LeonardMan

Re: Fuse Man

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:53 pm

I agree with all of your ideas here :) And besides, with half of MM11's roster being not viable in MMM (Tundra Man, Block Man, Impact Man and Acid Man), we need all the help we can get with what little of that game we can throw in.

Indeed Fuse Man and Torch Man seem to be the only other MM11 bosses that can make it in...

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:06 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:53 pm
I agree with all of your ideas here :) And besides, with half of MM11's roster being not viable in MMM (Tundra Man, Block Man, Impact Man and Acid Man), we need all the help we can get with what little of that game we can throw in.

Indeed Fuse Man and Torch Man seem to be the only other MM11 bosses that can make it in...
Thanks

What could you tell me about Tundra Man's problems?

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:06 pm
LeonardMan wrote:

Thanks

The most obvious one is that his Speed Gear attack REQUIRES a flat floor! But a bigger problem is his attack range, too narrow and specific. It's basically Fire Man turned 90 degrees, his only way to hit you without direct contact is if you are directly above or below him. In most custom rooms and situations, he can't touch you at all.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:17 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:
LeonardMan wrote:

Thanks

The most obvious one is that his Speed Gear attack REQUIRES a flat floor! But a bigger problem is his attack range, too narrow and specific. It's basically Fire Man turned 90 degrees, his only way to hit you without direct contact is if you are directly above or below him. In most custom rooms and situations, he can't touch you at all.
I agree, he would only work with drastic changes.

Feliboom04

Post by Feliboom04 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Sorry, but I dunno, I prefer Elec Man, but that is just my opinion, I think the speed gear attack could lead to multiple bugs and problems
Currently Working on my Mega Man Fangame made by this platform

Unconditional fan of Mega Man

Croby28

Post by Croby28 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:38 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:
LeonardMan wrote:

Thanks

just reminds you that these guys don't technically work in uneven terrain like this
https://croby-107.tumblr.com/post/61976 ... 87584/nice

6bee

Post by 6bee » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:18 am

LeonardMan wrote:

With how often Impact Man and Acid Man jump I think they would have no real obstacles to being included.

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:30 am

6bee wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:18 am
With how often Impact Man and Acid Man jump I think they would have no real obstacles to being included.
Impact Man's Power Gear phase would either have to be removed, or destroy any tiles and objects in the way like a Rolling Drill.

Acid Man has the issue of teleporting (not visually, but functionally). If a teleporting Robot Master such as Drill Man or Centaur Man can be added, so too could Acid Man. If not well then...R.I.P. Acid Man I guess.

6bee

Post by 6bee » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:57 am

SMAAASH!!! Puppy wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:30 am
Impact Man's Power Gear phase would either have to be removed, or destroy any tiles and objects in the way like a Rolling Drill.

Acid Man has the issue of teleporting (not visually, but functionally). If a teleporting Robot Master such as Drill Man or Centaur Man can be added, so too could Acid Man. If not well then...R.I.P. Acid Man I guess.
I think both have great movesets without the Gear moves. It'd be such a waste if they weren't added because they'd be unwilling to part with such moves. I guess there's the matter of consistency with the other masters from 11 too.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:**What about the electric rails behind the battle arena?**
Another simple solution would be to simply allow the rails to go behind tiles, functioning the same as an empty room, whenever Fuse Man is added to a room.

Not as fun or inventive as having Fuse Man's electric rails as a customizable object, but it's a possible solution the Devs might feel more comfortable with in order to preserve Fuse Man's canonical pattern.

I prefer Fuse Man over Tundra Man, but I'm not sure how the Devs will approach Fuse Man's electric rails.

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:30 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:**What about the electric rails behind the battle arena?**
Another simple solution would be to simply allow the rails to go behind tiles, functioning the same as an empty room, whenever Fuse Man is added to a room.

Not as fun or inventive as having Fuse Man's electric rails as a customizable object, but it's a possible solution the Devs might feel more comfortable with in order to preserve Fuse Man's canonical pattern.

I prefer Fuse Man over Tundra Man, but I'm not sure how the Devs will approach Fuse Man's electric rails.
The electric rails seem to be 3x4 panels actually. This could make them much easier to implement.