Junk Machine + Junk Magnet + Junk Platforms AND MORE

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Blue_Bummer

Junk Machine + Junk Magnet + Junk Platforms AND MORE

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:35 pm

Would be keen to see the MM7 Junk Machine + Junk Magnet + Junk Platforms objects married together in a single update.

Junk Machine can react to being hit by the many different electrical weapons in MMM. Activating Junk Magnets and Junk Platforms just like in MM7.

I was told that MegaMix engine content can be ported to MMM, so these items are already partially done and available in MegaMix.

Junk Machine

Junk Magnet

Junk Platform

Here's something to tickle the brain with...

In Mega Mix the code mentions flagging (connecting) Junk Machine for specific objects. What if the Maker could plant a Junk Machine in their level, and then assign specifically which electrical objects would be affected by that specific Junk Machine? (EDIT: Connecting Junk Machine with possible electrical objects to be switched on/off like how Galaxy Man teleporters are linked)

What if a level maker could have multiple Junk Machines that were each assigned to different electrical objects in a level?

What if a level maker could assign the Junk Machine other electrical based objects to switch on and off other than Junk Magnets and Junk Platforms?

Other electrical objects currently in MMM..

Elec Beams

Magnets

This is essentially building on the premise of the MM:PU Switch Orbs, just with electrical objects and the Junk Machine.
Last edited by Blue_Bummer on Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14Protoman

Re: Junk Machine + Junk Magnet + Junk Platforms AND MORE

Post by 14Protoman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:42 pm

I like your idea, it is an interesting addition with which good puzzles or good varied routes could also be added we could also add that part of the scrap that the magnets raise to complicate the player and it would also serve a lot to give more uses to the weapons Of electricity. What matters most to me about Mega Man maker is that elemental weapons have more and more possibilities and interactions that make them unique.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:00 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:42 pm
... we could also add that part of the scrap that the magnets raise to complicate the player and it would also serve a lot to give more uses to the weapons Of electricity.
I would really like to see Junk Blocks added to MMM. Considering that Junk Blocks appearance seems to be mostly made of metal, and they originate from Spark Man's stage (an electrical robot master) the Junk Blocks could react to magnets. :idea:

This immediately creates an image in my mind of a level with a player activating a Junk Magnet to carry a Junk Block to solve a puzzle. :idea: :idea: :idea: :)

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:36 pm

A visual aid for Junk Machine turning on/off all electrical objects in MMM (not just Junk Magnet and Junk Platforms) and my proposition on Junk Blocks being able to be affected by Magnets.

Here we have a little mini puzzle where Mega cannot jump over a wall. If he turns on the Junk Machine it will then turn on both the MM7 Junk Magnet and the MM3 Magnet from Magnet Man's stage.

The MM3 Magnet pulls the Junk Block out from under the tile which is then picked up by the MM7 Junk Magnet.

Mega Man then shoots the Junk Machine again to turn it off (a proposed feature for MMM, switching Junk Machine on and off), causing the Junk Magnet to drop the Junk Block on the conveyor and placing the Junk Block in a way that Mega Man can now proceed through the level.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:35 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:36 pm
A visual aid for Junk Machine turning on/off all electrical objects in MMM (not just Junk Magnet and Junk Platforms) and my proposition on Junk Blocks being able to be affected by Magnets.

Here we have a little mini puzzle where Mega cannot jump over a wall. If he turns on the Junk Machine it will then turn on both the MM7 Junk Magnet and the MM3 Magnet from Magnet Man's stage.

The MM3 Magnet pulls the Junk Block out from under the tile which is then picked up by the MM7 Junk Magnet.

Mega Man then shoots the Junk Machine again to turn it off (a proposed feature for MMM, switching Junk Machine on and off), causing the Junk Magnet to drop the Junk Block on the conveyor and placing the Junk Block in a way that Mega Man can now proceed through the level.

90/5000
Simply put, your sprites are spectacular.
Do you have the Junk platforms sprites?

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:25 am

14Protoman wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:35 am

90/5000
Simply put, your sprites are spectacular.
Do you have the Junk platforms sprites?
None of these sprites are mine.

Junk Machine and Junk Magnet sprites are from Magmml Mega Mix engine. You can see the sprites in the links I made in my original post at the top of the thread.

I was thinking about my above scenario.

In the event that two different magnets are trying to draw a junk block at the same time, it might be a deadlock (block doesn't move).

It could still work though if the maker of the level could determine if a given object, in it's default state, is on or off.

Say if by default the MM3 Magnet is off and the MM7 Junk Magnet is on and running back and forth. One shot on the Junk Machine would turn the MM7 Magnet off and the MM3 Magnet on, pull the block forward, and then the second strike on the Junk Machine would turn flip them allowing the MM7 Magnet to lift the Block. 🤔

Anyways, I think people get what I'm trying to say. :P