Robot Masters/Bosses to Add for Mega Man Maker 1.8

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Lunar Chris
Discord: Lunar Chris #9442

Robot Masters/Bosses to Add for Mega Man Maker 1.8

Post by Lunar Chris » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:21 pm

While we got some awesome new bosses for Mega Man 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, and 10, we could definitely use some more bosses for Mega Man 3-5, 8, and 11. I picked out some Robot Masters that could work well in Mega Man Maker.

Mega Man 1-3
ImageImageImageImage

Mega Man 4-6
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Mega Man 7-8
ImageImageImageImage

Mega Man 9-11
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Misc

Here's some fortress bosses that could also work (if they ever get confirmed)
MM2 & 3
ImageImageImageImage

MM5 & 6
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MM9 & 11
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Lunar Chris on Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Awesome Cat

Re: Robot Masters/Bosses to Add for Mega Man Maker 1.8

Post by Awesome Cat » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:45 pm

Needle Man is my favorite RM from the entire classic series (couldn't teel you why).
So yeah, he would be great for custom rooms especially.

As for everyone else, Yes they would also be great!
Dust Man especially as he would be another Industrial themed boss.
(Magnet Man is our only Industrial Boss right now).
Fake Man and a Cat

Notquickman

Post by Notquickman » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:04 am

The spike pushers from megaman 9 would... certainly be an interesting boss to add to MMM. I thought about these guys a while ago. The problem is I have no idea how they could be feasibly implemented. Perhaps we could have the doors that they come out of as an object, as well as their spike balls... Even then, it would be complex, as they would have to be programmed in such a way that shooting one of them affects a global health bar, and when the health bar reaches a certain point, all of the spawners would have to stop spawning the heads. It's complex, but not entirely unfeasible.
I am not now, nor will I ever be Quickman.

LJ2007@

Post by LJ2007@ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:10 pm

There is more MR of MM1-6 than MM7-11, so it would be better to have more MR of MM7-11.
If from now on for each update 6 RM were implemented, these would choose:
-SlashMan
-TenguMan
-FrostMan
-BladeMan
-TorchMan
-Shadow man

They can also put variants of bosses other than RM such as:
-All DarkMan
-Ballade, Punk, Enker
-Others
After a while away from MM, I think it's time to go back

Orlando Masaru

Post by Orlando Masaru » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:00 pm

Wave Man, Star Man and Tomahaw Man, I'd be more than happy to see you <3

02gn
Discord: *02gn*#5656

Post by 02gn » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Since there are 5 bosses in 1, 2, 6 and 3 bosses in 7, 9, 10, these are 3,4,5,8,11 bosses I'd like to see:

Shadow Man (3)

Dust Man (4)

Wave Man (5)

Search Man (8)

Tundra Man (11)

Note that these games lack one boss for a limit of five (3,4,5) or limit of 3 (8,11)
F for Dachone

(Avatar drew by Xartin)

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:13 pm

In my opinion they will include RMs in games that were not included in 1.7.

MM3, MM4, MM5, MM8, MM11

I believe they could choose:

Shadow Man - Very Popular, its ability to slide would make him unique and allow for new types of arenas.

Dust Man- Very popular, the scrap theme is not yet in the game, he would be a good option.

Star Man- Not my favorite Space Rm but he would be a reasonable option to include another space RM in the game.

Tengu Man- Certainly very difficult to program, but he would be an RM very unique and with interesting patterns.

Fuse Man- It wouldn't be easy to program, but it would certainly cover the demand for more electrical RMs.

Pyro Viper

Post by Pyro Viper » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:29 pm

Dust man would be really cool if they made his vacuum effect things other than just the player (pull movable blocks, pull enemies, and maybe some projectiles) other than that I'm not really concerned about the addition of other regular robot masters, but I have thought that they should definitely add the mega man killers, and maybe quint too cause he just kinda goes well with them.

CommanderShramp
Discord: Czech-boi#2781

Post by CommanderShramp » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:19 pm

So if we were to put into thought on the RMs this is what I would go for.
(Also i wish to even them out across the count so at 5 Robot Masters each)

MM3
-Snake man: He can be used in uneven terrain

MM4
-Dust Man: One he can be used as a boss for uneven terrain, and his attacks can go through tiles.
or
-Drill Man: This is actually interesting as there had been a thread showing how he could be possibly used. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12108&p=109603&hili ... an#p109603

MM5
-Wave Man: He is versatile and also a water boss (which we don't have much of.)
or
-Gyro Man: I mean another sky themed boss who could be pretty fun to include
or
-Star Man: A mobile boss who has a shield, we dont have many of those.

MM7
-Cloud Man: An interesting combo of Weather and Eletric Boss who has a unique ability.
-Slash Man: A new melee boss, he would be similar to grenade man in sense. Just ignore the entire semi-solid roof bit and you would be good.

MM8
-Aqua Man: Another water boss, who has an interesting fighting style and could be fun
-Tengu Man: Another sky boss that could use some adjusting but would defiantly be cool
-Frost Man: Defiantly would be cool...im just saying that, he should be in.

MM9
-Fake Man: A useful boss who is non elemental and doesn't carry any major themes.
-Hornet Man: Unique fighting style and his projectiles go through solids

MM10
-Solar Man: New fire boss whose attacks go through solids and is not hindered by custom terrain
-Chill Man: A new ice boss who jumps and can stay in the air. He is the reverse of Freeze Man
or
-Nitro Man: A more mobile version of Metal Man who would be fun to include.

MM11
-Torch Man: Maneuverable boss who has cool abilities
-Acid Man: All you need to do is adjust the Speed Gear and it could be neat.
-Tundra Man: Much like Chill Man, a new maneuverable boss who is pretty darn quick.

Possible Bonus Types
-Dark Man 4 and 3: They got projectiles and they move around alot
-All of the MMK: They are maneuverable, interesting attack patterns, they are just neat
-Buster Rod G. and Mega Water S.: Both have cool attack patterns..

So what do you all think?
JOIN THE CRUSTACEAN CLAN TODAY

Makername: ghostnappa
RMB2 Progress: DONEEEE :D :D :D
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12318

"I DIDN'T ASK TO BE BORN, DADS!": Cell

UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Post by UlticraftMTT » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:08 am

If we're going the same route as 1.7 (expansion on 1-11), these bosses in my opinion would be the best to add:

Air Man:
Air Man would be a really cool bullet hell-type boss. Air Man could blow the player until all of the tornadoes go off screen, allowing for fast-paced MM8 Jetboard-like levels. I'd rearrange a couple of specific tornado patterns so they're actually possible to dodge. His jump is similar to Magnet Man's so there should be no problem with uneven terrain. also Air Man ga Taosenai would be a cool song to go along with Kaze yo Tsutaete and the 30XX theme

Flash Man or Bright Man:
Both of these bosses would have the same base concept: freezing players in time, everything else about both bosses is largely different. Flash Man navigates terrain and freezes time in set intervals, firing a barrage of bullets in the player's direction after freezing time, making him slightly more predictable. Bright Man has a standard jump and shoot pattern not unlike Skull Man's, and only freezes time at certain levels of health. It depends on what the devs find more creatively useful/more fair here.

Drill Man:
See: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12108

Frost Man:
I think Mega Man Maker needs more large bosses, and Frost Man would fit the bill perfectly. Not much else to say, other than i think the devs should use his Mega Man 10 weapons archive sprite and give it animation.

Jewel Man:
Pretty simple and unique boss. Jumps when you jump and shoots jewels at you either at timed intervals or when you shoot at them. Also personal bias sort of too.

Tundra Man:
You might say Tundra Man isn't feasible due to not having attacks with wide range, but that's sort of the point on why i want Tundra Man. He would be a pure-melee boss that could be combined with other bosses and enemies or he could be put in a box and used as a docile, immobile target boss.

If we're going in a spinoff direction, these are the bosses i would want added for that type of update:

Cold Man
Pirate Man
Mega Water S
Ballade

And if we get fortress bosses, i think the two most feasible ones would be Alien from Mega Man 2 (due to its intangibility and simple figure 8 pattern), and Rounder II from Mega Man 6 (Moves around on placeable rails not unlike crash lift rails, periodically drops bombs).
creator of Mega Man Maker Plus, 1/2/9/10 SFX Mod, and the (other) Game Boy mod

Coming eventually: