20 lvl maximum

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
st801stef

20 lvl maximum

Post by st801stef » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:13 am

I get that a maximum amount of levels that are uploadable is a fine protection against overloading the servers and such

it still feels pretty bad that whenever i want to upload a lvl I have to remove an old one (I understand i can make a new account but that would be annoying on other points)

for suggestions
maybe add some threshhold or something to reach before being able to upload more lvls

By that is it probably a good idea to tell somewhere what happens with the likes, plays etc of the levels you remove

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Re: 20 lvl maximum

Post by RandomCatDude » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:17 am

This has been reported so many times already. All I'm gonna say is: It stops spammers, and that it was already generous enough for the level limit to be increased to 20.

You should delete the lowest ranking level, or the level that you like the least, or you can avoid uploading levels at all, whatever. Sorry, but you'll just have to deal with it...

I'll dig up some old threads, and link them here so you can read up some responses from Hound and others.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=632&p=2402, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1199&p=5406
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:20 pm

If you really feel the need to have 30 or 40 levels uploaded, your only choice is to create yourself a second account and put the other half of your level ideas there. I've been considering that idea myself for a while because I've been making levels in series (such as my 7 "Mr. Gimmick" levels) and those tend to fill up the 20 slots pretty quickly. I can delete a couple levels that performed less than satisfactory, but it won't free me up much space in my case.

HyperMegamanZ

Post by HyperMegamanZ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:17 pm

But they could maybe make it so that you can apply in some way to have the limit lifted. Maybe on the forums - for good mappers. Well, this has been said before anyway.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:39 pm

HyperMegamanZ wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:17 pm
But they could maybe make it so that you can apply in some way to have the limit lifted. Maybe on the forums - for good mappers. Well, this has been said before anyway.
Not lifted due to the limited server space. It is impossible to create an infinite server. I'd say "extended" instead.

HyperMegamanZ

Post by HyperMegamanZ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:43 pm

That makes sense.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:18 pm

They already generously increased the level upload limit from 10 stages to 20 stages, do people still need more?

People can share levels by giving others download links to their .mmlv files, its not like using the server is mandatory to share levels or anything.

Also, I don't recommend encouraging users to make multiple accounts to bypass the level upload limit, I don't think either the Mega Man Maker staff, nor players who only stick to a single account, appreciate people being greedy with their level uploads and putting more strain on the server.