Deconfirmed Features

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Takatsuki wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:27 pm
I would just like to get a confirmation/deconfirmation for having multiple bosses in a stage (for boss rush/Metroidvania style levels). I mean I know there's a glitch to add multiple bosses but the level still ends as soon as you kill one. I mean... how hard could it be other than allowing you to place more than 1 boss and having a checkbox in that boss's options menu that says "Do not end level upon defeat". I really wish he'd just say whether or not it has any chance of ever happening...
Don't forget we also want to be able to change the weakness of each boss individually. If you put 12 bosses in a stage and ALL of them are weak to the exact same one weapon, then there's no point.

I use big and durable enemies (Big Eye, Hot Dog, Tama, Gachappon, Whopper, Power Muscler, Squidon) to substitute for actual bosses (both Robot Masters and Wily Castle bosses), with the only major drawback being that I can't customize their weaknesses/immunities. If we won't be able to give each individual boss different weaknesses/immunities/music, then it will be just the same as using the big enemies as I'm doing right now.

That being said, I lost faith in them ever implementing such feature due to big engine changes they'd need to make. I've just accepted that I'll never make my Pokémon-inspired metroidvania level.

User avatar
Pika Luigi
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:48 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by Pika Luigi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 pm

-Specific bosses which don't play well with uneven terrain won't happen
There is still the possibility that Doc Robot could be added with his own set of AI for every weapon, which could account for not being able to program certain bosses into the game. That said, that would still be a lot of work to program Doc Robot with that many different AI's, but it is a plausible solution nonetheless.
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by Yoshi2018 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:29 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:13 pm
Reverse gravity is deconfirmed, but I wonder, what about low/high gravity? I feel like we might get those if we get GameBoy content, as Saturn's stage had areas where gravity was higher or lower if you were on them.
Low gravity would be super easy. Just make invisible water.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3931
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:45 am

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:29 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:13 pm
Reverse gravity is deconfirmed, but I wonder, what about low/high gravity? I feel like we might get those if we get GameBoy content, as Saturn's stage had areas where gravity was higher or lower if you were on them.
Low gravity would be super easy. Just make invisible water.
Also, remove the air bubbles, remove the water splash animation, replace the water splash sound effect with the gravity change sound effect from Gravity Man's stage.

Since the low gravity tile would be invisible, it would need some sort of visual indicator in the level editor.

8SomaCruz
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:19 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by 8SomaCruz » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 am

I don't know why, but something about this seems... I don't know; cynical about this post? I mean
8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm
-The Dev team reserves the right to add and fix content as needed and required. (Meaning no complaining about things we add and do/don't do.)
Because the Dev team is perfect without flaws and blah blah blah, meaning all your complaining is meaningless
The Dev team isn't perfect, and have made several mistakes (like, remember the disaster that happened back in 1.3 where they tried to implement the NTSC palette, but forgot to change the backgrounds to accommodate it?) it's just that I feel that dismissing suggestions is such a contradictory idea for a community-based game like Mega Man Maker.

So, let me try to pose possible reasons for including most of the points brought up here.
-Reverse gravity won't happen.
Honestly, this one just confuses me. Now, I don't know a thing about engines; and thus the statement that "It won't be done because it'd require a new engine" doesn't make sense. On the surface, it wouldn't appear to be all too difficult to implement, but please: if I am wrong about this, PLEASE tell me. I'd rather be informed about this rather than ignorant.
-Text Boxes/NPCs won't happen.
Text Boxes could be a great way to add additional flavour text to a level, in addition to being able to contextualise level elements. If it's a "it'd be hard to hold on a database," then either A. allow only a certain number of characters, or B. contain the text in a text file instead. NPC's on the other hand, I see no issue with.
-MMX content won't happen.
Does this also shoot down the chances of the Game Boy games getting any love? Need I remind you that Mega Man Xtreme and Xtreme 2 exist, which have 8-bit sprites of X and Zero? Zero, I can see why he wouldn't be implemented, but X? He'd be easy. He'd just be a clone of Mega Man with a dash instead of a slide! As for mechanics, that's not a big deal.
-Adapters for Proto Man and Bass won't happen.
Oh noes! Adapters are out of the picture! Better pack up your stuff Jet, Power, and Super Adapters! But really, I can't see why Bass wouldn't be able to have Treble Boost. Is it cause of a lack of trying?
-Specific bosses which don't play well with uneven terrain won't happen.
One simple thing to fix this: make bosses target the player character when uneven terrain is in play. Gemini Man being the exception to this. I don't think there'd be any way to implement him without taking out his first phase.

Please don't get too angry about this, I'm not trying to start anything here, nor do I mean to be inflammatory. I just want to see the best in Mega Man Maker.

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by Yoshi2018 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:05 am

8SomaCruz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 am
I don't know why, but something about this seems... I don't know; cynical about this post? I mean
8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm
-The Dev team reserves the right to add and fix content as needed and required. (Meaning no complaining about things we add and do/don't do.)
Because the Dev team is perfect without flaws and blah blah blah, meaning all your complaining is meaningless
The Dev team isn't perfect, and have made several mistakes (like, remember the disaster that happened back in 1.3 where they tried to implement the NTSC palette, but forgot to change the backgrounds to accommodate it?) it's just that I feel that dismissing suggestions is such a contradictory idea for a community-based game like Mega Man Maker.
I think they mean, don't complain about our decisions on what we choose. Also they are saying they don't have plans to make these things anytime soon and to please stop asking for these, not just dismissing ideas.
8SomaCruz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 am
Oh noes! Adapters are out of the picture! Better pack up your stuff Jet, Power, and Super Adapters! But really, I can't see why Bass wouldn't be able to have Treble Boost. Is it cause of a lack of trying?
He does have Treble Boost.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:36 am

8SomaCruz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 am
Text Boxes could be a great way to add additional flavour text to a level, in addition to being able to contextualise level elements. If it's a "it'd be hard to hold on a database," then either A. allow only a certain number of characters, or B. contain the text in a text file instead. NPC's on the other hand, I see no issue with.
The problem with text is that the internet is full of little kids eager to prove their "maturity" by writing cuss words and explicit sex slang. Better not give them the chance to do so.
8SomaCruz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 am
Bass wouldn't be able to have Treble Boost.
Try a level of mine called "Flying Fighting Machine" (ID: 203037)

User avatar
MTZPyra
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:41 am
Location: Huntsville, AL
Discord: Pyra The Wolf™#2969
Contact:

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by MTZPyra » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:53 am

Slash Man will be in Mega Man Maker because his AI is way too easy to program and will work perfectly with customized boss arenas.
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)
Ring Plateau MkII (220661)

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3931
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:46 am

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:05 am
8SomaCruz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 am
Oh noes! Adapters are out of the picture! Better pack up your stuff Jet, Power, and Super Adapters! But really, I can't see why Bass wouldn't be able to have Treble Boost. Is it cause of a lack of trying?
He does have Treble Boost.
I think he means Bass using the Super Adaptor, like in one of Bass' MM7 boss fights.

User avatar
Blast Man
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 pm
Discord: Play Dash#9888
Contact:

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by Blast Man » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:44 am

8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm
-Reverse gravity won't happen. *insert here infinite HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMM gifs because BOI THATS WHAT I WANTED THE MOST
-MMM as a mobile app won't happen. Not really something to cry on
-Text Boxes/NPCs won't happen. At least now theres 80%- curses
-Proto/Break Man and Bass as midbosses won't happen. But why not a fake Break Man???
-MMX content won't happen. I never thought of it
-16 or 32 bit art style won't happen. I dont care, unless someone thinks to remake MM1-6 in 16-bit
-Adapters for Proto Man and Bass won't happen. So for Rolly Polly?
-Specific bosses which don't play well with uneven terrain won't happen. But i need my friends here! Its lonely... mostly with Shade Man
-Shops won't happen. Who cares i already found out how to make one in-level
-Filters for level difficulty won't happen. Not so important
-Custom challenge castles won't happen. Not so interesting
-The Dev team reserves the right to add and fix content as needed and required. (Meaning no complaining about things we add and do/don't do.) *keeps yelling to add Gravity then gets mouth shut with Flex Tape*
That's all i say.
Gamer/Pixel Artist a.k.a Play Dash (yes, that's 12 year-old me's account here before i done a dumb thing, wow i was a dummy back then) | Twitch: Play_Dash

Mega Man Maker X mod thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8816

decitronal
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by decitronal » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:17 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:36 am
8SomaCruz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 am
Text Boxes could be a great way to add additional flavour text to a level, in addition to being able to contextualise level elements. If it's a "it'd be hard to hold on a database," then either A. allow only a certain number of characters, or B. contain the text in a text file instead. NPC's on the other hand, I see no issue with.
The problem with text is that the internet is full of little kids eager to prove their "maturity" by writing cuss words and explicit sex slang. Better not give them the chance to do so.
why cant they simply add the darn censorship thing?

also, the game already gives the kids a chance to swear only with the level naming feature. can't see why you're worried about textboxes.

User avatar
QuartexGames
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm
Location: Fat's Fats Factory

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by QuartexGames » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:22 am

But, what about Copy Robot? Or Roll? Or Sniper Joe?
Woah It's Green ID: 376773
Woah It's Yellow ID: 379620
Image

User avatar
TREMIC1
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by TREMIC1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:02 pm

I kinda feel like the thread is starting to turn into what the Dev's didn't want it to be about responding to their decisions.

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:20 pm

TREMIC1 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:02 pm
I kinda feel like the thread is starting to turn into what the Dev's didn't want it to be about responding to their decisions.
Maybe, but I will say that MOST of the items on their list of "won't happen"s are perfectly justified, so for most of them I'm giving them an affirmative response.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3931
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:47 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:20 pm
TREMIC1 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:02 pm
I kinda feel like the thread is starting to turn into what the Dev's didn't want it to be about responding to their decisions.
Maybe, but I will say that MOST of the items on their list of "won't happen"s are perfectly justified, so for most of them I'm giving them an affirmative response.
Outside not having Proto Man/Break Man and Bass as bosses being an odd deconfirmation in a series specifically known for evil robot and holograph duplicates of playable characters, all the other deconfirmations make sense to me.

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by Yoshi2018 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:29 pm

decitronal wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:17 am
why cant they simply add the darn censorship thing?
That is hard to program.
decitronal wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:17 am
also, the game already gives the kids a chance to swear only with the level naming feature. can't see why you're worried about textboxes.
Because they make it easier and more frequent.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

decitronal
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by decitronal » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Is it really that hard to program a censorship feature that works like this?

1. Enter a word
2. Game checks if the word matches up with one of the words in a list of swears
3. When the word does match, convert the word into asterisks. Otherwise, leave it alone

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:19 pm

decitronal wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:46 pm
Is it really that hard to program a censorship feature that works like this?

1. Enter a word
2. Game checks if the word matches up with one of the words in a list of swears
3. When the word does match, convert the word into asterisks. Otherwise, leave it alone
Let me tell you the tale of what happened when Pokemon X and Y attempted censorship...

In order to prevent kids from trading pokemon with nicknames such as "ass", "dick" or "fuck", they put a censoring algorythm that prevented you from trading that pokemon until you changed its nickname. The problem? It detected the swear words AS PARTS OF OTHER WORDS! So say for example you have to trade a Froslass, because it had the letters "ass" as part of its name, you couldn't trade it with its default name.

User avatar
PoisonousGas
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 pm
Location: Probably Brazil...

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by PoisonousGas » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:19 pm
decitronal wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:46 pm
Is it really that hard to program a censorship feature that works like this?

1. Enter a word
2. Game checks if the word matches up with one of the words in a list of swears
3. When the word does match, convert the word into asterisks. Otherwise, leave it alone
Let me tell you the tale of what happened when Pokemon X and Y attempted censorship...

In order to prevent kids from trading pokemon with nicknames such as "ass", "dick" or "fuck", they put a censoring algorythm that prevented you from trading that pokemon until you changed its nickname. The problem? It detected the swear words AS PARTS OF OTHER WORDS! So say for example you have to trade a Froslass, because it had the letters "ass" as part of its name, you couldn't trade it with its default name.
That's bullshit...
Somebody once told me that Rock is gonna Roll me...
I ain't the sharpest Metal Blade in the shed...



Image´ I'm already hyped for 1.5. >:]

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Deconfirmed Features

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:09 pm

PoisonousGas wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:19 pm
decitronal wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:46 pm
Is it really that hard to program a censorship feature that works like this?

1. Enter a word
2. Game checks if the word matches up with one of the words in a list of swears
3. When the word does match, convert the word into asterisks. Otherwise, leave it alone
Let me tell you the tale of what happened when Pokemon X and Y attempted censorship...

In order to prevent kids from trading pokemon with nicknames such as "ass", "dick" or "fuck", they put a censoring algorythm that prevented you from trading that pokemon until you changed its nickname. The problem? It detected the swear words AS PARTS OF OTHER WORDS! So say for example you have to trade a Froslass, because it had the letters "ass" as part of its name, you couldn't trade it with its default name.
That's bullshit...
It is bullshit, but it's a true story. That actually happened.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests