Site/forum feedback [OUTDATED]

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Royalguard » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 am

Is there any reason as to why topics for older version releases are still open for posting, despite no longer being relevant?

In the Bug Reports section, all topics referring to older versions are locked, shouldn't the same go for the Releases section?



Edit: I mentioned this before in this topic, but I feel I should mention it again now that moderation is becoming more common, and its more likely to be seen now.

Why does this forum not have a Support section? People who have trouble getting Mega Man Maker to work tend to get their topics unintentionally buried in General Discussion, and usually don't end up getting the help they need.

If these people had a dedicated section to post their topics, perhaps they'd be more likely to get noticed and get the support they need to get Mega Man Maker running correctly.

User avatar
rollerC
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by rollerC » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 pm

I'll look into both of those things as soon as I can and see if there's anything to be done about them. I have to get the go-ahead before locking any official threads.

What are people's thoughts on a site/forum/Discord feedback subforum rather than singular thread?
pee

User avatar
rollerC
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by rollerC » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 am
Is there any reason as to why topics for older version releases are still open for posting, despite no longer being relevant?

In the Bug Reports section, all topics referring to older versions are locked, shouldn't the same go for the Releases section?
All release threads besides those regarding versions of 1.4 have been locked. A Support forum is currently being considered. Thank you for the suggestions.
pee

User avatar
Blast Man
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 pm
Discord: Play Dash#9888
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Blast Man » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:32 pm

I think we should separate the Feedback and suggestions forums into 2 different forum parts.
And maybe make a forum part for Roleplaying.
A gamer/pixel artist (also known as Play Dash, old idiotic account here) who also likes Mega Man games! I also like the artstyle and aesthetics of the old Mega Man games/Mega Man Maker demakes.

Currently working on Rivals of Aether stuff and MM demakes!

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Yoshi2018 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Blast Man wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:32 pm
I think we should separate the Feedback and suggestions forums into 2 different forum parts.
And maybe make a forum part for Roleplaying.
Doesn't roleplay go under Forum Games? If it is anywhere else (like General Chat) then it is bad.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
rollerC
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by rollerC » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:15 am

I'd rather not encourage roleplay. That can lead to some territories that I do not want to have to handle by myself. If you'd like to roleplay with others, feel free to create your own Discord server for that or something.
pee

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Yoshi2018 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:50 pm

rollerC wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:15 am
I'd rather not encourage roleplay. That can lead to some territories that I do not want to have to handle by myself. If you'd like to roleplay with others, feel free to create your own Discord server for that or something.
I don't think the forum would move towards sexual territory if that is what you are worrying about.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
rollerC
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by rollerC » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:58 pm

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:50 pm
I don't think the forum would move towards sexual territory if that is what you are worrying about.
You wouldn’t think so, but I’ve seen it happen far too often.
pee

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Yoshi2018 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:18 pm

rollerC wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:58 pm
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:50 pm
I don't think the forum would move towards sexual territory if that is what you are worrying about.
You wouldn’t think so, but I’ve seen it happen far too often.
Are you talking about the robot master shipping?
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
QuartexGames
Posts: 1607
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm
Location: Fat's Fats Factory

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by QuartexGames » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:18 pm
rollerC wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:58 pm
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:50 pm
I don't think the forum would move towards sexual territory if that is what you are worrying about.
You wouldn’t think so, but I’ve seen it happen far too often.
Are you talking about the robot master shipping?
It's not that bad unless It's only words.
Woah It's Green ID: 376773
Woah It's Yellow ID: 379620
Image

User avatar
rollerC
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by rollerC » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:23 am

More subforums, in general, would be nice. General chat could really use a shitposting subforum, and I actually didn't notice that people already do roleplays in Forum Games so maybe that would be good too. A subforum for games like Mafia and Killing Game would also be really cool. I could try running a Mafia game here sometime if people would like, or make a thread inviting people to my Killing Game planned for January.
pee

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Yoshi2018 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:38 pm

rollerC wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:23 am
More subforums, in general, would be nice. General chat could really use a shitposting subforum, and I actually didn't notice that people already do roleplays in Forum Games so maybe that would be good too. A subforum for games like Mafia and Killing Game would also be really cool. I could try running a Mafia game here sometime if people would like, or make a thread inviting people to my Killing Game planned for January.
Good ideas.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Yoshi2018 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Here are some improved rules:




These rules are in effect in all forums, including General chat and Forum games. (exceptions are stated) Breaking these rules can result in a warning, a temporary ban or a permanent ban, depending on the severity of the situation.


1) No illegal content
Do not post any illegal content such as ROMs. If you're unsure if what you're about to post is illegal, look up more information on the matter before posting it.

2) No NSFW
Do not post any NSFW material, including but not limited to sexual or violent content. Referencing NSFW in a joking or non-serious matter is allowed as long as it doesn't go too far.

3) No spam or funposting
Do not flood-post, overuse emotes or do anything else that could be considered spam or funposting. If you really like your funposting or memes, please post them in the official Discord server or Fecal Forgotten Factory.

4) Be nice
Try to be nice to other forum users. Do not post hateful messages or attempt to troll other users. Accept criticism.

5) No discrimination or racism
Do not post any content that could be considered discrimination or racism. Think before you post to avoid any controversy.

6) Be mature
Show general maturity. Use normal English whenever possible (dont typ liek dis) and do not purposely start arguments. The forums are English only.

7) One account per person

Do not create duplicate accounts, whether to circumvent a ban or not. Your alt along with your main account will be banned.

These rules are subject to change at any given time.

Administrators and moderators reserve the right to warn or ban users for breaking these rules in any way. Please do not start unnecessary arguments with them if this happens to you, as this would likely only result in a higher warning or a longer ban.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
rollerC
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by rollerC » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:20 am

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:54 pm
Think before you post to avoid any controversy.
This is a very loaded statement and hardly enforceable rule. Controversy is largely subjective--some people will take issue with it, some will not. That doesn't mean we ban all statements that someone could potentially take offense to because that would basically discourage any discussion of opinions.
pee

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Yoshi2018 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 pm

rollerC wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:20 am
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:54 pm
Think before you post to avoid any controversy.
This is a very loaded statement and hardly enforceable rule. Controversy is largely subjective--some people will take issue with it, some will not. That doesn't mean we ban all statements that someone could potentially take offense to because that would basically discourage any discussion of opinions.
That was in the original rules. I only changed things I found outdated or needed to be improved.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Royalguard » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:00 pm

I think it is about time that the forum rules where updated/rewritten.

Forum Rule #1: Rules with regards to discussing emulation on the forums is left very vague, with only rom distribution being specifically stated as against the rules. Clarification would certainly be good here.

Forum Rule #3: Should be revised to include information about the new Funposting forum section.

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3740
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by Yoshi2018 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:59 pm

Sometimes I just can't delete my replies. Why?
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
rollerC
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am
Discord: rollerC#5125
Contact:

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by rollerC » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:16 am

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:00 pm
Forum Rule #1: Rules with regards to discussing emulation on the forums is left very vague, with only rom distribution being specifically stated as against the rules. Clarification would certainly be good here.
I don't think there's much to do here because it's a legal grey area. We don't define what is "illegal", and as such we just have to exercise caution amongst ourselves. Emulation is legal, however. There are multiple court cases regarding in and the Gaming Historian has a good video on it if you wanna check it out. Discussions of ROMs are also not illegal. When in doubt, just don't post any download links, and you're good.

I'll adjust Rule 3 now.
pee

sebastian
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by sebastian » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 am

I wonder why the site was down in a week. What happened?

User avatar
RandomCatDude
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:55 am
Location: Russia
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Re: Site/forum feedback

Post by RandomCatDude » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:17 am

sebastian wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 am
I wonder why the site was down in a week. What happened?
According to another thread. The database got corrupted while doing something, and they had to recover it.
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests