Lava Blocks as "spikes"

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
Rafatenck
Discord: Rafatenck#5617

Lava Blocks as "spikes"

Post by Rafatenck » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:28 am

Some people like to do Fire themed levels but the oil with Fire Man's thing is a bit inconsistent for the fact it can't be more than 1 fire tile per vertical line because it would look very ugly for our levels and sometimes the Fire Man's gimmick doesn't fit with the tiles so...

My suggestion is simply add a lava block. (maybe from Magma Man since you're already adding things of Mega Man 9)

I don't think this could be so hard to do since it's just a tile but maybe do the animation could be something... Well I don't know.

And I don't know if this is gonna happen because you used the fire from the oil to do the Concrete Shot announcement.

phunguy06
Discord: https://discord.gg/4uNSrqe / phunguy06#5940

Re: Lava Blocks as "spikes"

Post by phunguy06 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:34 am

yes please
FAQ:
Are you horny?
yea actually

astro man

Post by astro man » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:40 am

Rafatenck wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:28 am
Some people like to do Fire themed levels but the oil with Fire Man's thing is a bit inconsistent for the fact it can't be more than 1 fire tile per vertical line because it would look very ugly for our levels and sometimes the Fire Man's gimmick doesn't fit with the tiles so...

My suggestion is simply add a lava block. (maybe from Magma Man since you're already adding things of Mega Man 9)

I don't think this could be so hard to do since it's just a tile but maybe do the animation could be something... Well I don't know.

And I don't know if this is gonna happen because you used the fire from the oil to do the Concrete Shot announcement.

the best idea someone had, but you know I remember seeing a red water game in the water variation ad, I do not remember where it is, but I thought it was lava, keep in mind that this is my opinion because I do not play a lot of time with Megaman, but hey, I think it would not be bad because there are very few accessories with respect to fire.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Honestly, I don't see why this isn't a thing already. It's just like an animated spike that maybe doesn't have solid collision and Mega Man can fall through it when in "mercy invincibility". I see no technical difficulties impeding lava blocks from being made.

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:54 pm

Lava blocks and acid would be wonderful additions, especially if they hand the same settings as the force beams (set damage/continuous damage/lethal) to provide greater aesthetic range.

Jevedor

Post by Jevedor » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:30 am

AppendixOfTheCards wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:54 pm
Lava blocks and acid would be wonderful additions, especially if they hand the same settings as the force beams (set damage/continuous damage/lethal) to provide greater aesthetic range.
+1 Exactly This.

NashRush
Discord: generaldank #3731

Post by NashRush » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm

well it would be a bit lame to see mega man disintegrate like he always does maybe we could do it like this ween mega man touches the lava he slowly sinks as death animation and points a thumbs up at the sky like the terminator
remember me?
you don't.

PoisonousGas

Post by PoisonousGas » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:08 pm

NashRush wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm
well it would be a bit lame to see mega man disintegrate like he always does maybe we could do it like this ween mega man touches the lava he slowly sinks as death animation and points a thumbs up at the sky like the terminator
Bass points his middle finger at the sky
Somebody once told me that Rock is gonna Roll me...
I ain't the sharpest Metal Blade in the shed...

Image´ I'm already hyped for 1.5. >:]

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm

PoisonousGas wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:08 pm
NashRush wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm
Bass points his middle finger at the sky
Heh, that would be so in-character for him. :lol:

Jevedor

Post by Jevedor » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:32 am

One thought occurred to me... as a spikes skin you would not be able to freeze lava like you can in Junk Man's stage. As such you would still need an additional gimmick lava that is affected by ice attacks.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:27 pm

Jevedor wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:32 am
One thought occurred to me... as a spikes skin you would not be able to freeze lava like you can in Junk Man's stage. As such you would still need an additional gimmick lava that is affected by ice attacks.
Hmmm, you're right :| Lava has to be a gimmick on its own, then. Not a spike.

By the way, there are five types of lava as far as I've noticed: Heat Man stage, Junk Man stage, Sword Man stage, Magma Man stage and Solar Man stage. I'm not counting Shadow Man stage lava because that one is an aesthetic dressing for bottomless pits like in the castles of Super Mario Bros. 1

Jevedor

Post by Jevedor » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:27 pm
Jevedor wrote:

By the way, there are five types of lava as far as I've noticed: Heat Man stage, Junk Man stage, Sword Man stage, Magma Man stage and Solar Man stage. I'm not counting Shadow Man stage lava because that one is an aesthetic dressing for bottomless pits like in the castles of Super Mario Bros. 1
I dont recall.. what made Sword Man, Magma Man and Solar Man 's lava unique. I recall them all working like Heat Man's. Junk Man's is the only one i recall having a special gimmick about it

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:04 am

Jevedor wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:27 pm
Jevedor wrote:

I dont recall.. what made Sword Man, Magma Man and Solar Man 's lava unique. I recall them all working like Heat Man's. Junk Man's is the only one i recall having a special gimmick about it
Probably the dev team will use a different graphic for each? ...Or will have to make up one universal lava tile as a compromise like they've done with the Yoku blocks and other gimmicks. Though if that's the case, it HAS to have the freezing property of the Junk Man stage lava! ...So yeah, I guess the only lava tile they ever need to add is the Junk Man one.