43%
No
57%

Total votes: 21

Mega1221
Discord: Mega1221YT#1340

More space for levels

Post by Mega1221 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 pm

So on my Mega Man Maker account, I mentioned that I was making a fan game, but I made 30 levels (Yes I counted it) and when I was making the 31st level, I completed and went to edit a level, I looked to see if the level was there and it was gone! 3 hours of work gone to waste!! Please make more
Need something to eat... :I

LeonardMan

Re: More space for levels

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:53 pm

Mega1221 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 pm
So on my Mega Man Maker account, I mentioned that I was making a fan game, but I made 30 levels (Yes I counted it) and when I was making the 31st level, I completed and went to edit a level, I looked to see if the level was there and it was gone! 3 hours of work gone to waste!! Please make more
Wait... You mean LOCALLY-STORED levels!? :shock: Dafuq!? There shouldn't even BE a limit to those! You sure that's what happened to your lost level?

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:47 pm

As far as I'm aware, the only limit to levels saved to local storage is how much space your storage device can handle.
Only levels uploaded online have an upload limit, due to the server's limited storage space.

If you are absolutely 100% sure you saved the level, then either the saving process failed or malfunctioned for some reason, or the level did save but the level file got corrupted somehow and is no longer readable by Mega Man Maker.

Did you check in "AppData\Local\MegaMaker\Levels\" to see if you could find your level that isn't appearing in-game?

I'd suggest you make multiple backups of your levels mid-development in the future, just to ensure that a fluke saving error or other potential problems won't make you lose all of your progress.

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

Post by MegaFan13 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:21 pm

You probably forgot to save lol
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

Mega1221
Discord: Mega1221YT#1340

Post by Mega1221 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:34 am

Royalguard wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:47 pm
As far as I'm aware, the only limit to levels saved to local storage is how much space your storage device can handle.
Only levels uploaded online have an upload limit, due to the server's limited storage space.

If you are absolutely 100% sure you saved the level, then either the saving process failed or malfunctioned for some reason, or the level did save but the level file got corrupted somehow and is no longer readable by Mega Man Maker.

Did you check in "AppData\Local\MegaMaker\Levels\" to see if you could find your level that isn't appearing in-game?

I'd suggest you make multiple backups of your levels mid-development in the future, just to ensure that a fluke saving error or other potential problems won't make you lose all of your progress.
Ok I checked again, I can make more lvls.
Need something to eat... :I