"Soft Platforms" That Are One Way

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
SoupBowler

"Soft Platforms" That Are One Way

Post by SoupBowler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Many games have this type of thin platform (Mario, Kirby, Smash, etc.) where you can jump onto them from below and not fall down through them. Some series, like Kirby, lets you double tap down to fall through them if you want. From my knowledge of Mega Man the series never used this type of platform in the classic games. Regardless, I think it would be a great unique edition to MMM that allows more freedom for level design. You could make one way vertical jumps without needing to place a boss door that resets objects in the room. They can be used for interior design when combined with specific tile sets. Enemies could be place on them as obstacles blocking the way.

I wouldn't mind if you couldn't double tap down to fall through them, but just having soft platforms would be amazing imo. If for some reason they cause issues like uneven terrain, you could just lock them on the grid to the very top of a normal block. This prevents weird tile placements like this: []_-[] .What do you think?
Last edited by SoupBowler on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Re: "Soft Platforms" That Are One Way

Post by UlticraftMTT » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:50 pm

This would be a great feature. There are a few existing semisolid-like platforms in the Mega Man series that could be used for semisolids, like the Monking platforms from Wood Man's stage in Mega Man 2, and the various ladder tops from Mega Man 7 and 8.

plantera bulb on orichalcum run

Dragon Ball GT

Re: "Soft Platforms" That Are One Way

Post by Dragon Ball GT » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 am

This is the best suggestions ever