Account Password Recovery

Post feedback or suggestions for the game
hunterdynamo

Account Password Recovery

Post by hunterdynamo » Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 am

I've recently had some password issues while entering my account.
I noticed there doesn't seem to be any recovery method for lost passwords - we aren't asked to give any email once we register, nor there are any alternative routes to change an old password.
My problem was that I used to have a hard time connecting - my password is not that hard and my internet is pretty stable, but sometimes due to supposedly connection issues, sometimes due to a "wrong password" message, it wouldn't connect.
I would have to try a lot of times until it connected (sometimes from 30~50 times), and even when I was able to connect, I couldn't upload nor play levels, as the game would crash upon attempt (this started to happen after the few last updates).
Thinking it was a password issue, I decided to change the password to a similar one. But after that change, I simply cannot connect anymore, it always says my password is wrong. I even had a level I would like very much to upload to the Level Creation Contest, but I unfortunately couldn't due to this bug.
I didn't know exactly where I should ask for help as there isn't any help topic, but I think this is a good chance to suggest a password recovery mechanism.
It would sure prevent unfortunate events of people losing their accounts or being unable to upload and play.
I also, of course, would welcome any kind of help. I really would like to be able to play again and upload my levels, but I can't access my account anymore. If I could change passwords to an easier one would most likely solve (part) of the problem, as I would be able to at least try playing and uploading again.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Account Password Recovery

Post by Royalguard » Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 am

hunterdynamo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 am
I've recently had some password issues while entering my account.
I noticed there doesn't seem to be any recovery method for lost passwords - we aren't asked to give any email once we register, nor there are any alternative routes to change an old password.
My problem was that I used to have a hard time connecting - my password is not that hard and my internet is pretty stable, but sometimes due to supposedly connection issues, sometimes due to a "wrong password" message, it wouldn't connect.
I would have to try a lot of times until it connected (sometimes from 30~50 times), and even when I was able to connect, I couldn't upload nor play levels, as the game would crash upon attempt (this started to happen after the few last updates).
Thinking it was a password issue, I decided to change the password to a similar one. But after that change, I simply cannot connect anymore, it always says my password is wrong. I even had a level I would like very much to upload to the Level Creation Contest, but I unfortunately couldn't due to this bug.
I didn't know exactly where I should ask for help as there isn't any help topic, but I think this is a good chance to suggest a password recovery mechanism.
It would sure prevent unfortunate events of people losing their accounts or being unable to upload and play.
I also, of course, would welcome any kind of help. I really would like to be able to play again and upload my levels, but I can't access my account anymore. If I could change passwords to an easier one would most likely solve (part) of the problem, as I would be able to at least try playing and uploading again.
Not sure if this issue has been dealt with already, as I'm not seeing any user replies here, or any update from the original poster, but password resets are usually done by contacting the staff member Goldstorm, either on these forums or Discord. You are more likely to get a faster response to your issue contacting them on the Discord though, as staff are more active there than these forums.

As for a suggestion for a more improved password recovery system, I do admit it certainly would be faster and more efficient to have some kind of automated system for this kind of thing, but staff may have some reason for not doing so, and choosing to handle it manually, I only wish I knew what this reason was.

For future reference, an area to post topics regarding technical support are generally handled on the Discord, and for some unknown reason, there is no adequate equivalent section on these forums. I have an assumption that because staff are more active on the Discord than anywhere else, that is why technical support is only supplied there. I hope you are able to find the support you need.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.